2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. So I guess it's a crime to....
2 years ago#21
Davidgrayman posted...
EX_Bortthog posted...
This topic proves my point in that other topic

Not one has mentioned grab techs to prevent being grabbed which exist in PSAS

huh....I didn't know this
....its was probably in the tutorial....I probably would have never been HC'd by Ratchet if I remembered.....D:

Can you actually do it against Ratchets grab tho?
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
2 years ago#22
wwinterj25 posted...
Grabbing all the time makes you seem garbage. Grabbing now and then is fine.

Any limits put on grabbing are completely arbitrary and are endorsed by terrible scrubs. If grabbing is optimal to helping you win because the other player sucks at countering it and you're trying to win, why do you need to stop?
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
2 years ago#23
XenoFFvs posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
EX_Bortthog posted...
This topic proves my point in that other topic

Not one has mentioned grab techs to prevent being grabbed which exist in PSAS

huh....I didn't know this
....its was probably in the tutorial....I probably would have never been HC'd by Ratchet if I remembered.....D:

Can you actually do it against Ratchets grab tho?

Yes you can but its pointless since the grab teching in this game isn't like teching in traditional fighters. You can only grab tech if both you and your opponent grab at the same exact time (plus or minus about 5 frames). In most scenarios, you're better off attacking the grabber with a quick jab than just grabbing back.

There are only a few scenarios in this game where grab teching is the best option. In every other scenario, if you see a grab coming, just attack or jump.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (Self Acclaimed Best Ever) , Zeus (Can't Touch This!)
2 years ago#24
Doom_J posted...
Lol at this topic. Man grab as much as you want. It was put in game for a reason. People will cry when you find out how to beat them, no big deal.

^THIS, when I find out people hate to be grabbed, I just grab more, funny as hell
---
No don't eat me, I have a wife and kids, eat them!
~Homer J. Simpson
2 years ago#25
Its not in tutorial and Rachets grab is different then others because its properties
---
#1 Cactus
2 years ago#26
XenoFFvs posted...
...grab other players online. I throw out grabs quite often since it's a great way to punish people, get AP, and keep others from getting level 3 supers.

But because I grab I have found out that: I'm a noob, cheap, cowardly, and one person(whom I beat) said that "it was my biggest flaw."

Seriously, I've received messages from four different people complaining about this tonight from people that were playing as: Sly, 2 Kratos's, and Zeus.....when I'm using Emmett right now lol. Am I really such a bad player because I grab at every good opportunity?

the most negative Response i have upon being grabbed is: "Oh Crap, Youre Pretty Good @this"
---
PSN/Steam: b j i z z l e121
~BernieXV, Toro Inoue Mainer(also Nathan Drake) ;3
2 years ago#27
EX_Bortthog posted...
Its not in tutorial and Rachets grab is different then others because its properties

You can still tech his grab.

But it's better to jump if you think it's coming to avoid it completely. And then do a big punish afterwords.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
2 years ago#28
i hate being grabbed while I'm Zeus. There is pretty much nothing he can do about it considering how slow he is, and his jump isnt fast enough to outbeat the grab.

If only throws didnt do BS and connect while you were rolling away. I can understand roling into or through.. but away from? thats just.. kinda dumb.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
2 years ago#29
Getting grab spammed by characters with lightning fast grabs like parappa can be frustrating.
---
If it defecates, urinates, or rudely barks orders, I have no issues with crushing its skull.-Shale
2 years ago#30
They should have added the Grab counter. It can counter them with the same command as the grabber. You know...........Tekken?
---
PSN: OveReAction10 (PSVita)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. So I guess it's a crime to....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived