C/D This should have Smash's shield system

#1deadpool_legendPosted 4/21/2013 1:52:11 AM
Personally, I get really tired of matches where everyone is just constantly blocking or rolling out of the way. I'm told removing the system would totally break the game, so what if it just adopted Smash's method of only being able to shield for so long or otherwise you get stunned? I just feel like there should be some kind of penalty for evading so much. Even a traditional 2D fighter, Persona 4 Arena, has a penalty for evading too much.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#2fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/21/2013 2:44:45 AM
Yeah, I think they should've done something to keep people from turtling too much.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#3SelitePosted 4/21/2013 5:02:56 AM
Throw them.
---
Something about kilts...
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#4hyperknees91Posted 4/21/2013 7:13:30 AM
I'm pretty sure this would just make Kratos and Raiden extremely broken (Though I guess they would be redesigned to fit the new system).

I don't mind really because I play Spike and it's in my best interest to force them to block. But yeah I guess it could work if they redesigned the moves to fit it.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#5DavidgraymanPosted 4/21/2013 7:29:07 AM
Eh...IMO blocking isn't really THAT safe considering your venerable to grabs and supers.
Deny
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#6Rlaur2Posted 4/21/2013 7:51:07 AM
You take "chip" when blocking, that's good enough.
---
-_-
#7FishyGoodness12Posted 4/21/2013 9:47:08 AM
Davidgrayman posted...
Eh...IMO blocking isn't really THAT safe considering your venerable to grabs and supers.
Deny

*vulnerable

Also, blocking IS that safe
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 4/21/2013 9:58:52 AM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
Deny

*vulnerable

Also, blocking IS that safe

Not really
#9G-ScythePosted 4/21/2013 10:12:19 AM
D.

Blocking is easily punished in multiple ways.
Plus as someone else said, its pretty much necessary to block a lot when dealing with certain characters.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#10THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/21/2013 10:19:40 AM
Who is stupid enough to sit there and block playing this game? Plus your guard doesn't last in this game anyway.

Hey fellas!!! Grab me and toss me for easy AP or just beat on me and build meter!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT