Can you beat a Dante player...

#1DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 4/21/2013 9:05:31 PM
That doesn't drop combos?
They can escape with empty cancels if you block, so its impossible to punish.
Have you guys beat one of these players?
---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#2ZavalsBizPosted 4/21/2013 9:12:50 PM
Isaac says hello.
#3blaze19_0XPosted 4/21/2013 9:21:42 PM(edited)
Who are you using? Their "escape" after jabs on block isn't as safe as you think depending on the character you are using.

Also, don't forget you don't have to block it. If you can make them whiff it, sometimes this is far easier to punish.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#4DayManUHuhUUUHH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 9:34:07 PM
Lol Isaac.
Im gonna try to punish as they are escaping from now on.
---
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 4/21/2013 9:39:31 PM
I usually don't even punish them much off block unless they decide not to cancel to safety. I just build my AP off them by other means.
#6tomandsamPosted 4/21/2013 9:45:18 PM
Generally, Dante's only cancel on block after the third Square chain hit. Block the second one, then roll through them. It's nearly impossible to react and turn around, so you'll make them whiff and can punish that way.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#7blaze19_0XPosted 4/21/2013 9:53:44 PM(edited)
tomandsam posted...
Generally, Dante's only cancel on block after the third Square chain hit. Block the second one, then roll through them. It's nearly impossible to react and turn around, so you'll make them whiff and can punish that way.

I was just going to say this.

Pay attention to which way the Dante is attempting to escape. Most Dantes aren't going to mix it up much so it shouldn't be too hard.

Just roll that way. And some especially like to do a fireball cancel. Well now their fireball just missed and they are COMPLETELY unsafe and will helplessly hit the ground giving you whatever punish you want.

Also you said you use Isaac. Abuse the heck out of the mine. Dante can't do a whole lot against it. If you notice him trying to counter on top of it, let him, simply block the counter effect, and then punish.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#8DayManUHuhUUUHH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:30:25 PM
No, I don't use Isaac, but thanks for all the tips!
---