Spike

#1ChaosCreativityPosted 4/22/2013 8:09:00 PM
Trying to main Spike but I need some help with finding use for some of his moves... What are some good uses for these moves?

1) hula hoop- this move seems completely useless...

2) punching glove- fully charged causes hit stun, but it seems really hard to land especially with everybody jumping everywhere

3) down triangle- his gun thingy. I heard it can still confirm into level one, but the timing is so strict it won't be reliable at all

4) slingshot- it seems like a useless anti-air, I might as well use the rc car to at least get knock back

5) level one monkey radar

6) down air square- it's easily punished

Does anybody know any good spike players who play online?
#2LightEcoSagePosted 4/22/2013 8:53:34 PM(edited)
ChaosCreativity posted...
Trying to main Spike but I need some help with finding use for some of his moves... What are some good uses for these moves?

1) hula hoop- this move seems completely useless...

2) punching glove- fully charged causes hit stun, but it seems really hard to land especially with everybody jumping everywhere

3) down triangle- his gun thingy. I heard it can still confirm into level one, but the timing is so strict it won't be reliable at all

4) slingshot- it seems like a useless anti-air, I might as well use the rc car to at least get knock back

5) level one monkey radar

6) down air square- it's easily punished

Does anybody know any good spike players who play online?

1) Air version great for mobility like dodging certain supers, because it keeps you in the air for a while.

2) Air version is great for high jumpers if used right. Also if you manage to short hop and hit someone fully charged, a level 2 can follow up right after it.

3) Ignore it as a HC. It's a great combo starter and interruptering others combo move.

4) Slingshot good for just stopping someone from a quick attack in the air, which is real useful. This move is pretty underrated. It's great for stopping certain speedy or most attacks in the air. Having the ability to charge it is a great plus even if it is most of the time hard to pull off. Not all moves need to have combo potential or some deadly effect with the way this move can be used. (Seriously it's a sligshot anyway. What ppl think a slingshot would do irl & and a game most of the time, send someone flying?) Move needs greater appreciation.

5) Got a good *needed* buff. The added ability to aim it before use is more useful then people think now. If it also received a AP cost reduction then this Level 1 got a great buff. It's hitbox is also pretty underrated. It's vertical hitbox and side is more then decent. Only problem is that it's not a braindead Lvl 1 like Raidens, so it takes patience when to and how to use it at the right times.

6) Yeah the air version is pretty punishable. Air version is best used in FFA or in a situation in 2v2 where your partner is being combo'ed or while someone is rolling from awakening. Think of it as Sly's down square, Jak's down square, and Ratchets down square. Overall though, just use it in FFA *if* you want to actually put that air version to use.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#3legendofskylandPosted 4/22/2013 8:46:43 PM
The level one monkey radar on the ground is great for getting rid of traps.
Everything else...i find pretty useless except maybe the down+triangle.
#4boy_luckPosted 4/22/2013 8:52:27 PM
Ground uncharged monkey radar is great for tech traps. It is good when used after ground bananarang for dodgers and can be hc'd if timed right.

Ground hoola hoop is good for tech chasing in corners, too.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#5ChaosCreativity(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:57:57 PM
I'll try out these suggestions, especially the hula hoop, slingshot, and punch move when I get the chance, thanks!
#6boy_luckPosted 4/23/2013 2:25:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7boy_luckPosted 4/23/2013 2:25:52 AM
boy_luck posted...
ChaosCreativity posted...
I'll try out these suggestions, especially the hula hoop, slingshot, and punch move when I get the chance, thanks!

Don't forget ground and air uncharged monkey radar. It destroys all traps, even Isaac's annoying mine.

---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#8AngelicSamuraiPosted 4/23/2013 7:30:59 AM
I use Spike all the time, I might be able help so maybe we can 1v1 sometime ^^
---
Their bodies are broken by the hands of "cowards". But watch my soul run off into Oshu Province!
PSN:BasaraSamurai
#9shadow of sonic 2001Posted 4/23/2013 11:11:28 AM
Slingshot is a decent poke to use while jumping. I never charge it though. I rarely ever use jumping down square, and NEVER the hula hoop unless I need to stay in the air (As an attack it sucks). The charged glove can be used to tech chase, but I like the RC satellite for that better.

I use the jumping down triangle ALL the time as a way to approach, and then follow up with an up square or neutral square. It can confirm into the level 1, but it's tricky. I use it as a confirm into his level 2 instead, since it's way easier to land.
---
Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.
#10PirateKing290Posted 4/26/2013 9:53:17 PM
Monkey radar is one of the best projectiles imo.

Invulnerable, quick, sets up for other attacks and supers if they dont react, and it goes through EVERYTHING.
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/