Link (Legend of Zelda) Moveset Complete Version (It's dangerous to go alone...)

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/22/2013 11:01:13 PM
Heeeeeeeeere's Dsu. Back after a while of not feeling too well and just commenting every now and then. Good to be doing something to keep me busy again.

The spirit of the hero who is bound to reincarnate to protect the land from evil- Link!

Link- Legend of Zelda

Default- OoT Appearance.- (http://hyrulecentral.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Link_Soulcalibur_II.png)
Alt 1- Twilight Princess Appearance.- (http://hidesquadron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/link-zelda-tp.jpg)
Alt 2- Classic Link Appearance.- (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/62921479/The+Legend+of+Zelda+A+Link+to+the+Past+timeline_link_to_past.jpg)
Alt 3- Realistic version of Toon Link's outfit.- (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080328071137/ssb/images/c/ca/Toon_Link_Artwork.jpg)

Link is an all around fighter, using a variety of up close and ranged weaponry to take down foes. Isn't too strong in either one, and can be difficult to master using his full array of tools to their max effectiveness. Is around average height, moves at an average speed. His equipment takes the appearance of the gear, or a similar item from the game of it's respective costume if it has them, if not it's the base item with an art style to fit the costume.

Idle stance- His idle stance while locked onto an enemy in Ocarina of Time

Idle animation- Spins his sword twice.

Running animation- His running animation with his sword out from Twilight Princess.

Block animation- Holds up his shield in front of him.

Dodge animation- Rolls like he did in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.

Jump animation- Jump upward like in Smash Bros. Double jump he uses the Roc's Feather from Awakening to do a spinning jump.

Crouch- Does his crouch animation from blocking without locking on in Ocarina of Time.

Square-

Neutral- Hero's Combo- 3 hits- Links slashes three times horizontal to vertical, and finishes with a stab. Sends enemies tumbling. Air version he does two horizontal slices in front of him like his side A air attack in Smash Bros that knocks enemies back.

Side- Shield Attack- 1 hit, chain. 1 hit in air, stun.- Link bashes in front of him with his shield, making opponents hit flinch. Can chain from this into one of three attacks depending on the button you press-
Square- Helm Splitter- Link does a jumping slash over the enemy, striking at their head, then lands on the other side of the opponent Hard knockdown.
Triangle- Back Slice- Link rolls around the enemy, then turns and does an uppercutting slice, sending them upwards.
Circle- Jump Strike- Link does a heavy lunging strike, bringing his sword down vertically that knocks enemies back a short distance.
Air version Link shoots the hook shot forwards, if it hits an enemy he pulls himself to them. Works like both Cole's air side square.

Down- Spin Attack- 1 hit- Link does his signature spin attack knocking enemies away with a single powerful spinning strike that hits on each side of him. knocks opponents back a good distance on either side of him. Has a good amount of recovery. Air version Link does his down A air attack from Smash Bros, plummeting to the ground in a stabbing motion. Can be aimed similar to Good Cole's air down square. If he hits an opponent they're send straight down to the ground. If it hits an opponent on the ground, it puts them in a hard knockdown.

Up- Triple Slice- 3 hits, 1 hit in the air- Link slashes upwards in an arc, can swing two more times after in a combo, final slice sends enemies upward. Hits opponents directly up against him as well. Can be used to start short air combos, and the final hit can be replaced with up triangle if used right. Air version he stabs upward, knocking enemies up if he hits.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:11:11 PM(edited)
Triangle-

Neutral- Bow- Projectile, 1 per second firing rate- Link fires his bow. Only goes a short/medium distance on even ground, arcing and hitting the ground at this max distance. Doesn't flinch. Can be charged to gain damage and flinch enemies as well as making it into a medium/long distance (About Jak's Side Triangle length) projectile. Charging time takes a bit shorter than Kratos's bow. Charge cannot be held like Evil Cole's punch. (Yes this is pretty much copy pasted from Dovahkiin's, they work exactly the same.)

Side- Boomerang- Projectile, Boomerang- Link tosses his boomerang forwards a short/medium distance. Once it reaches it's max distance it will come back to him. Flinches enemies it hits. Good for playing mind games with enemies and controlling small areas of space. Has a bit of start up.

Down- Megaton Hammer/Fire Rod- 1 hit-Link swings the Megaton Hammer down, making a small shock wave around him. If either the hammer or the shock wave hits, the enemy butt drops. Slow start up. Air version Link makes a blast of fire directly below him with the Fire Rod that slams the opponent to the ground and puts them in a bounce state.

Up- Hookshot- Pull- Fires the Hook Shot upward at an angle. If it hits an enemy, Link pulls them down to him making them hit the ground and bounces them. Good for setting up combos. Air version works like his air side square but from an angle. Both have a good bit of recovery if they miss.

Circle-

Neutral- Mirror Shield- Ranged Counter- Link raises the Mirror Shield as a projectile counter. If a projectile hits it, it's reflected straight back to the enemy. Melee attacks pass through it. Doesn't have too much recovery time.

Side- Pegasus Boots- 1 hit- Link equips the Pegasus Boots and charges forward a medium distance with his shield raised. Stops if it hits an enemy and butt drops them. Air version he instead equips the hover boots and performs the same attack. Has a good bit of recovery time if you missed or are blocked.

Down- Bomb- Timed Mine- Link drops a bomb to the ground which will explode after a set time, works like Fat Princess's but it's him dropping the bomb. Air version he drops it straight downwards. Explosion knocks enemies upwards.

Up- Ice Rod- Stun- Link raises the Ice Rod which makes a blast of icy energy directly above him with about the range of Evil Cole's up circle. If this hits an opponent they're frozen solid and stunned. Can be used to set up combos or punish certain attacks. Has a bit of a start up.

Throws-

Side- Link picks up the enemy like a pot or rock, then tosses them a good distance forwards.

Down- Link scoops up the enemy in the Bug Catching Net, then pins and slams it to the ground tossing them to the ground. Hard knockdown.

Up- Link hits the enemy up a bit with a sword slash, then knocks them upwards at an angle with a blast of air from the Deku Leaf.

Supers-

Level 1- Triforce Slash- Link lets a small beam of energy from his Triforce crest fly forward a short distance. If this beam hits an enemy, they become locked with in a glowing Triforce crest. Link will then do a lunging slash at the same distance the beam was, killing anyone in the way. The beam can hit more than one enemy.

Level 2- Light Arrow- Link draws his bow and knocks a Light Arrow in the string. He then fires it in a straight line, killing anyone in it's path. The projectile moves quickly as to make up for the hit box.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#3Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:04:03 PM(edited)
Level 3- Fierce Deity Link- Link dons the Fierce Deity's Mask, changing into the ultimate transformation from Majora's Mask. In this form Link gains a speed boost, and wields the large Double Helix sword which can fire magic beams that can kill enemies on contact. His moveset changes to suit his new form-

Square- Link's square attacks exclusively use the Double Helix sword, gaining quite a bit more range. Side Square becomes a quick charging strike. Spin attack loses it's large recovery time. Doesn't fire beams.

Triangle- Link fires a beam of energy from the Double Helix sword, can be aimed similarly to Jak's level 3 projectiles. Goes slower than Jak's.

Circle- Creates a small explosion of holy energy around him in the shape of the Tri-Force. Has a decent range but has a good amount of recovery time.

Level 3 theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldthDW1xszA

Taunts-

Hey!- Navi floats around him yelling either HEY! LISTEN! or LOOK OUT!

Ocarina of Time- Plays a little bit of a song on the ocarina. (song of time, saria's song, epona's song, and song of healing specifically)

Twilight Princess- Midna appears from his shadow, chuckles, then vanishes back into it.

Intros-

Hero of Hyrule- Link is simply standing in a heroic pose with the Tirforce crest glowing on his hand.

Hero of Time- The song of time is faintly heard and Link suddenly appears from thin air and puts away the Ocarina.

Hero of Winds- Link appears from a small vortex and leaps out, taking a fighting stance.

Chosen Hero- Wolf Link runs up and howls before changing into his Human form.

Outro-

Skyward Blade- Link raises his sword to the sky, taking his pose from the Skyward Sword cover.

End of Battle- A pillar of light encases Link in crystal and he ascends like when leaving a dungeon after beating the boss in OoT

Hidden Skills- Slashes the air twice, then twirls his sword around and sheathes it. (hidden skill learned animation from Twilight Princess)

Heart Container- Link holds up a heart container as he does when he gains on in the games.

Outro Losses-

Link looks downward in defeat.

Link quickly plays the song of time and vanishes.

Link is collapsed on the ground with a fairy flying around him.

Link is on his knees looking at a shattered heart container.

Victory Themes-

Victory Theme 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcH6pQofokU
Victory Theme 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XItoJ9WPDE

Kill and Killed quotes are various grunts and yells.

Got an item quotes are the various "You got an item!" themes from the Legend of Zelda series.
---
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:05:53 PM(edited)
Arcade Intro-

*Shows Link and Zelda standing in the courtyard of Hyrule Castle. Text bubbles appear to show Zelda's dialogue as they "talk".*
"Link, good you came. I understand you must be weary from your adventures but..."
*Shifts to a view of them walking through the halls of Hyrule Castle.*
"I'm afraid Hyrule has need of your aid again. Ganondorf has escaped his seal within the Sacred Realm..."
*Shifts to a view of her with a worried face as they enter the throne room.*
"We've gained word he's traveling to a portal into a strange realm that appeared, in which a powerful being is gathering warriors..."
*Shows her sitting in the throne with Link standing close by*
"He may be trying to claim this power as his own... You have to stop him. I would help you but I must remain in Hyrule to keep the peace, my people need me."
*Shows Link beginning to walk out of the throne room.*
"Good luck Link! May the Goddesses be with you..."
*fades*

Rivalry-

Rivaled with Cortez-

*Link jumps off of a pillar in Polygon Man's realm and pulls out a stone which Zelda speaks through.*
"Link is that you? Good. I can sense you're getting close... Whatever that spirit is, it's hostile. Be careful Link."
*Link puts away the stone as Cortez walks up and looks him up and down.*
*Cortez*
"Nice uh... stone ya got there. Name's Cortez."
*Holds out a hand which Link shakes while smiling."
*Cortez*
"Well, nice to meet someone friendly for a change. Hey you haven't seen any crazy creatures around here have you? Or an old guy, wears a lab coat. Named Crow?"
*Link shakes his head and Cortez sighs*
"Figures. Not much for talking huh?"
*Polygon Man suddenly rises up and yells one of his opening quotes and a group of crystalline All Stars appears as he raises up to slam down on them.*
*Cortez*
"Oh shi-!"
*Link quickly grabs Cortez, then pulls out the Ocarina of Time and plays the Song of Time, teleporting them back to the past.*
*Cortez pats himself to make sure he's alive then sighs with relief then looks at the Ocarina of Time while Link sighs with relief as well.*
"You can time travel with that thing? Cool. Mind if I see it?"
*Link gets a protective look and puts it away.*
*Cortez thinks a moment.*
"Wait a minute... You don't talk... You can time travel..."
*Suddenly has a realization.*
"Nice disguise, but I KNOW you're a Timesplitter!"
*Points a pistol at Link.*
"Almost fooled me. Hand over the time crystal you have there, and we can both walk away from this."
*Link makes a few motions trying to tell him it's a misunderstanding, then sighs and pulls out his sword and shield and they both take fighting poses.*
*fades*
---
#5Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:26:54 PM(edited)
Arcade Outro-

*Shows Link stepping into the throne room of Hyrule Castle, then shifts to a view of Zelda running up to him.*
"Link! Thank the Goddesses you're here. Did you stop Ganondorf from obtaining the power?"
*Does a quick change to make it show Link nodding, then shifts to a view of them walking to the courtyard.*
"You've done us a great service again Link. I shudder to think what would have happened if Ganondorf had obtained it...."
*Shows them standing by the window they first meet at in OoT.*
"Now about your friend you brought back with yo-"
*A guard appears on the wall above.*
"Princess Zelda! It's Ganondorf! He's coming with an army!"
*Shows a view of Zelda and Link looking at eachother, then goes to a view of them overlooking the wall as a horde of monsters led by Ganondorf and Aku from Samurai Jack march upon Hyrule Castle Town.*
*Link is shown putting on the Fierce Deity's Mask, then shifts to a view of him as Fierce Deity Link.*
*Shows Cortez step up on the wall beside them.*
"Nice sword."
*Shows all three of them, with Cortez raising a gun, Zelda raising her bow, and Link holding up his double helix sword as he's wreathed in AP.*
*Zelda*
"Goddesses be with us."
*fades*

Minion- Zelda
---
#6Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:08:05 PM
Aaah good to be back. And I think I fixed up Link pretty nicely. Next up gonna finish up editing Cortez from Timesplitters. But I'll do that tomorrow since in about 30 minutes I'm gonna pass out.

Also I am aware that the ending is REALLY fan-fictiony. I'm going to have Link, Cortez, Ganondorf, and Jack all have linked endings.
---
#7Nightstryk3r619Posted 4/22/2013 11:28:53 PM
Oooh, I'm antsy to see how Jack's story turns out. Mainly for this theme song as a victory theme as well.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#8Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:35:21 PM
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
Oooh, I'm antsy to see how Jack's story turns out. Mainly for this theme song as a victory theme as well.

I'm probably gonna have it set as his usual motivation- Looking for something to send him back in time. I have his ending set, and I THINK I have the motivation for him fighting Ganondorf set as well. Still trying to think up his moves though, I think I have his triangle set for being the staff. Level 2 I think I'll have being the Scotsman. Because he's the Scotsman!
---
#9I_Wanna_CookiePosted 4/23/2013 9:13:14 AM
Zelda and Timesplitters are pretty much the best things ever.
---
I'm handsome.
#10G-ScythePosted 4/23/2013 9:45:08 AM
This is sick.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011