Is there a reason why you have to jump forward in order to hit Raiden...

#1tomandsamPosted 4/23/2013 10:12:38 PM
...with Radec's grab combo? It's not like he has a small hitbox or something. He also doesn't seem to get hit by the shotgun at the end, so you have to do the alternate, space-dependent version against Raiden.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 4/23/2013 10:35:48 PM
It's a timezone dependent combo. Where do you live TC?
#3aKimbodiacPosted 4/23/2013 10:44:56 PM
Yeah, I've noticed something a little strange with raiden... he seems to recover very quickly... same with zeus who also has a rather large invulnerable time when so called "rolling"
---
PSN & Steam: aKimbodiac
#4ShumanigansPosted 4/24/2013 2:02:36 AM
From what I've noticed, recovery isn't the same for every character. Characters either have very slightly different recovery speeds or more likely, characters get launched in the air at different distances (how far or close the character will be to you).

It's pretty standard for the original cast, with a few exceptions, but it's noticeable on the dlc characters, especially Isaac.

It sucks for characters with combos that require specific timing and spacing.
#5EX_BortthogPosted 4/24/2013 2:29:20 AM(edited)
This is common among fighters

Its hitboxes, certain characters get increased or decreased hitbox size during hitstun, falling, air hitstun, and certain attacks/animations

There is nothing wrong with Raiden but rather his air hitstun hitbox, which is why 'character specific combos' exist in every fighter ever. Just because it works on character A doesn't mean character B will be hit with it
---
#1 Cactus
#6JammerzWPosted 4/24/2013 4:28:54 AM
aKimbodiac posted...
Yeah, I've noticed something a little strange with raiden... he seems to recover very quickly... same with zeus who also has a rather large invulnerable time when so called "rolling"

Raidens air recovery does seem to be a lot faster than most of the roster. Zeus just does his electric slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSa6N50vhU Zeus every time
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#7caywezy7Posted 4/24/2013 4:34:48 AM
Raidens air recovery is fast. When I do this combo with Radec, I only opt for one double kick into shotgun instead of two because its extremely difficult to land the second one. He is the toughest character to perform this combo on.
#8tomandsam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:32:34 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
This is common among fighters

Its hitboxes, certain characters get increased or decreased hitbox size during hitstun, falling, air hitstun, and certain attacks/animations

There is nothing wrong with Raiden but rather his air hitstun hitbox, which is why 'character specific combos' exist in every fighter ever. Just because it works on character A doesn't mean character B will be hit with it

I know that hitboxes are different, I just didn't think Raiden would be a character to go through the air differently. He isn't Big Daddy or Toro, with their abnormal hitbox size, or Kat and Isaac, who were released as DLC and not fully tested. Raiden is one of the 2 characters that gets hit by his level 1 and AP burst hit-confirm, though, so I suppose it slightly makes up for it.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382