King Bowser Moveset

#1G-ScythePosted 4/24/2013 1:36:40 PM
King Bowser
Bowser is a slow character, but a power-house up close, with ranged options and summons.

Square:
F - Shell Shock - Bowser spins in his shell. Number of spins is determined by how many times you tap the square button. After 5 spins, Bowser automatically bursts out of his shell. Slight maneuverability like Raiden's lvl 1.
F - Koopa Klaws - Bowser slashes forward with his claws twice
U - King's Rage - Bowser breathes fire straight upwards
D - Stomp - Bowser stomps the ground. In the air, he does a Ground Pound.

Triangle:
N - Fire Breath - Bowser does a continuous breath of flame forward with slow aiming capability
S - Fire Ball - Bowser spits out a fire ball that travels forward a long distance
U - Axes - Tapping will make Bowser throw an axe in an upward arc. Holding it down to charge, will allow you to throw multiple axes at once. (5 max at full charge) that cover a large spread.
D - Cannon - Sets down a canon that will continually shoot Bullet Bills forward. Bullet Bills explode on impact with opponent, which can hit multiple targets, but are slow and cannon's fire rate is not fast.

Circle:
N - Goomba - Bowser throws out a Goomba which will walk forward until it is killed, hits and enemy, or vanishes after 10 seconds. Can have up to 3 Goombas out at once. In air, goomba will fall to the ground. Goombas will change direction if they hit a wall, and be destroyed if they hit a hazard. 20% to get a Paragoomba that will be able to jump up platforms.
S - Kamek - Kamek appears and uses its magic rod to shoot magic forward. If the attack hits an opponent, it will just gain AP. If it hits one of your summoned Koopa Troop (Goomba, Paragoomba, Boo, Bullet Bill, Koopa, Paratroopa, Blooper, Bob-omb), it will make them grow large. They now have super-armor, are harder to kill, and net you more AP when you hit an opponent with them.
U - Boo - Boo will track to any opponent not facing him. If he gets you, he holds you for 3 seconds. Boo will disappear after 7 seconds or after he grabs someone. When powered up, he has a special property where he will give you the enemy's weapon after grabbing them. (Teleports it right next to you)
D - Koopa Troopa - Koopa runs forward. Same properties as the Goomba, just slightly faster and can only have one at a time. If jumped on, he will go in his shell and shoot forward at fast speed, which can hurt opponents as well as kill Goombas. Has a 30% to summon a Paratroopa. Paratroopas can jump up platforms if summoned on the ground. If summoned in the air, Paratroopas will fly back and forth in the air.
Special - Pressing the Circle Button when swimming will actually summon a Blooper in the water. Blooper will stay in the water for 12 seconds. It will go after any opponent that falls in the water, and drag them underneath, automatically teleporting them back to the stage in a stunned state. Only 1 Blooper can be out at a time. Powered up Blooper can grab opponents on land nearby the water with its tentacles.

Supers:
LVL 1 - Bob-omb - Bowser throws out a Bob-omb, that will chase the nearest opponent and explode on impact, leaving a huge explosion. If it doesn't hit an opponent, it will explode after 2 seconds.
LVL 2 - Like Father Like Son - Summons Bowser Jr. who shoots forward Lava paint. If an opponent is hit by the stream of paint, they are killed. The paint will also stay on the ground where it is sprayed for 3 seconds, where it will kill anyone who touches it.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#2G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:37:20 PM
LVL 3 - King of the Galaxy - Bowser activates Anti-Gravity and everyone starts to float. Bowser jumps and appears giant-sized in the background of the stage. You control a giant stream of flame breath that you aim to kill opponents. After 3 seconds of breathing fire, Bowser needs to take a breath. If you hit any objects, like platforms, they will catch fire for an extra second, killing anyone who touches the flames. Bowser Jr. also appears on an Air Ship, and will shoot a Golden Bullet Bill when you take your breathe, which can home in on and kill opponents.
Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwiYM04FCU

Taunts:
Roaring Beast - Bowser roars
Royal Salute - Bowser growls, and any summoned Koopa Troop will immediately look at him and salute (if possible)
Kidnapper Extraordinaire - Bowser holds up a random love interest from a Sony series and laughs before putting her away

Victory Themes:
Bad to the Dry Bone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq_jS6o3OoY
I Will Rule All! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IObwdOCAfdU

Costumes:
Default - Iconic Appearance
Alt 1 - Classic - http://tshirtvortex.net/wp-content/uploads/bowser.jpg
also turns the Koopa Troop into 8-bit versions of themselves
Alt 2 - Dry Bowser - http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100508131859/fanon/images/2/2c/Dry_Bowser.png
also turns the Koopa Troop into Dry (Skeletal) versions of themselves except for Boo

Intros:
Fire and Flames - Bowser approaches the stage covered in fire
Brick Breaker - Bowser ground pounds onto the screen, breaking blocks in the process
Can't Get Rid of Me - Bowser roars and then jumps into the screen from the behind the stage
I'm No Klown - Bowser rides onto the screen in his Koopa Clown Car with his son

Outros:
Triumphant Roar - Bowser roars triumphantly
Laughing King - Bowser and Jr. point and laugh at the screen
Time to Relax - Bowser sits down in his hot tub and smiles while relaxing
The Princess is Mine - Bowser throws a Sony love interest into a cage and leaves with her
Losing:
Bowser falls on his back
Bowser falls down a bottomless pit

Minions - Bowser Jr. and Kamek

Story Mode
*Starts off in Bowser's Castle, he is seen sitting on his thrown*. Kamek comes in, asking Bowser when he is going to retry to capture Peach and also asks when to schedule his royal foot rub. Bowser claims that he is starting to feel unconfident about being able to beat Mario again, and asks Kamek to cancel his foot rub and instead use his magic to look into something new he could use to fight Mario. *Screen change to Kamek looking at his Crystal Ball, with the Polygon Man stage shown on it* Kamek says that there is a new world that has opened up, and it carries a power unlike any magic he has seen. He also says that there is a tournament being held by a powerful force, making creatures from all different worlds fight each other. Bowser sarcastically says that the scenario sounds familiar, but no one can beat him so he might as well join in. Bowser springs up, calls out to Bowser Jr. and his Koopa Troop, saying to get ready to depart. *Final screen is Bowser, Jr, Kamek, and various Koopa Troop leaving on an Air Ship*
---
#3G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:37:40 PM
Rival - Pokemon Trainer Red
Pokemon Trainer sees Bowser, and mistakenly takes him for a new Pokemon. The Pokedex cannot identify Bowser. Bowser asks Red what the heck he is doing, startling him. Red grabs a pokeball and throws it at Bowser, which Bowser cuts in half with his claws. Bowser gives Red one last warning, saying he doesn't take kindly to guys with Red hats. Red calls out his Pokemon. Bowser looks at them, giving a weird look to Blastoise. Bowser mistakes Blastoise for a large Koopa, and feels threatened at the thought of being captured. He then calls his Koopa Troop. They all eye each other from separate sides of the battle field, like generals and their soldiers.
Polygon Man Finisher - Bowser shouts "You call yourself a villain?!", and grows galaxy sized. He then gobbles up Polygon Man and lets out a fiery burp.
Finale - *Screen shows Bowser being congratulated by his Koopa Troop on the Polygon Man stage* Bowser claims that there was something weird in that Polygon Man he ate. Kamek asks if he wants an anti-inflammatory. Bowser says that he is fine, in fact he feels better than ever. *Bowser starts to glow with AP* Kamek asks if Bowser wants to go home now, but Bowser refuses. Getting his confidence back, he sets course for Peach's Castle. *Screen shows Bowser and the Koopa Troop on the Air ship heading for the Peach's Castle* Bowser then casually reminds Kamek that it's time for his Royal Foot rub.

Stage Mash-up (Copy/Pasted from PKMN Trainer Red topic)
Bowser's Castle/Mt. Moon mash-up (Mario/Pokemon)

1st part music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUG-wYip15w
2nd Part remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9wfxvoRwQ

Bowser's Castle starts out as a side-scrolling stage. You follow the floor plan of a Bowser's Castle level. There's lava and bottomless pits on the ground. As well as roaming Spinnies and stationary revolving fire bars that make you lose AP is touched. If you get left behind or fall down a bottomless pit, you are teleported back to the stage in a stunned state. If you touch the lava you are launched away with large AP loss. Eventually you reach the end of the level. The area where you would normally fight Bowser. But Bowser isn't there, and there is no lava under the bridge. A goomba appears, and grab the axe with his mouth and cuts down the bridge.

You all fall down into an underground cave. The cave has a ground floor as well as two levels of platforms.
When you fall down, you are first greeted by a Clefairy in the background who quickly gets scared and runs away.

The cave then gets swarmed with Zubats. The Zubats swarm will travel horizontally from one side of the stage to the other at 3 levels. Ground level, middle level, or top level. The swarm will be preceded by one zubat to warn players where the swarm of Zubats will come from and which level they will overtake. The swarms last for a few seconds. Anyone stuck in the swarm will continuously lose AP. (Think of Sandover Village's golf balls)
---
#4Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/24/2013 3:29:39 PM
I really like it, kinda reminds me of my Ganondorf moveset but more range oriented. Some of the circle moves seem like they'd be a bit overpowered though with how much area they can cover.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#5G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:45:53 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
I really like it, kinda reminds me of my Ganondorf moveset but more range oriented. Some of the circle moves seem like they'd be a bit overpowered though with how much area they can cover.

They are all pretty slow even if their range is good. And non-super versions are easily killed.

Goombas keep on going until until they are killed or hit an obstacle. But they are very slow. Think of them acting like small Sackboy cakes that move 1 mph. The super goombas are a normal-sized cake, but are the same speed.

Koopas are like Goombas but slightly faster on their own, but very fast when launched. Break when they hit a wall or obstacle.

Boos have average speed but cannot do anything if someone is facing them. When transparent, they don't even hurt anything that touches them. It would probably be the worst mine ever if it couldn't move.

Kamek's magic attack is slow and only travels a couple of feet, so it needs to be close to any summon to super-charge it.
---
#6Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/24/2013 3:52:15 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

They are all pretty slow even if their range is good. And non-super versions are easily killed.

Goombas keep on going until until they are killed or hit an obstacle. But they are very slow. Think of them acting like small Sackboy cakes that move 1 mph. The super goombas are a normal-sized cake, but are the same speed.

Koopas are like Goombas but slightly faster on their own, but very fast when launched. Break when they hit a wall or obstacle.

Boos have average speed but cannot do anything if someone is facing them. When transparent, they don't even hurt anything that touches them. It would probably be the worst mine ever if it couldn't move.

Kamek's magic attack is slow and only travels a couple of feet, so it needs to be close to any summon to super-charge it.

Hm. Well I'm sure you have it balanced out in your head. I end up making characters sound OP when I write em up than I have em in my head sometimes, like for instance Cortez. My original one for him he sounds like he'd be a more godly ranged fighter than Nathan Drake.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#7G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:13:22 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

Hm. Well I'm sure you have it balanced out in your head. I end up making characters sound OP when I write em up than I have em in my head sometimes, like for instance Cortez. My original one for him he sounds like he'd be a more godly ranged fighter than Nathan Drake.

I think naturally we just do it because of our own bias for our movesets
We want our characters to be good so everyone would want to use them
You don't want to write something and have people say "eh, he sounds alrite"
---
#8Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/24/2013 4:19:19 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

I think naturally we just do it because of our own bias for our movesets
We want our characters to be good so everyone would want to use them
You don't want to write something and have people say "eh, he sounds alrite"

Yeeah true. Like Link I changed a few of the moves to have more combo-ability. Heck, I'm gonna be completely revamping Ganondorf for the sake of making him NOT be a '1 hit at a time' kind of guy. Still not sure if I want him to be a heavy character or a mix of medium and heavy. Certainly not an average speed kind of guy, but certainly not like Big Daddy or Zeus.
---