I think I now see why people

#11EX_BortthogPosted 4/25/2013 3:35:13 AM
Oh and while I'm on the subject, I feel you don't understand what 'infinite' means:

'infinite' has 3 variants that are used and 2 are commonly misunderstood: loops, 100% combos and TRUE infinites

A loop is a combo with a base set of moves as the extenders, such as A B C A jA land B C forward A B C. A loop *can be a 100% combo and/or a TRUE infinite

A 100% combo is a combo that causes death upon hitting your opponent. This causes it to NEVER be a TRUE infinite but it *CAN be a loop

A TRUE infinite is a series of attacks that cause proration to drop to 0 so you simply stop doing damage and can continue forever. The second a true infinite is dropped or stopped for any reason it loses infinite status. A infinite can NOT be a 100% combo but it can be a loop

*keep in mind CAN implies possibility, not fact. See Skullgirls
---
#1 Cactus
#12EX_BortthogPosted 4/25/2013 3:37:07 AM
You're completely right, but you're forgetting that I was referring to brain dead hc's.

You realise most hit confirms are not hard in the least in ANY fighter? In most cases a simple light attack can lead to 40% easily
---
#1 Cactus
#13DayManUHuhUUUHH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 4:33:12 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...
You're completely right, but you're forgetting that I was referring to brain dead hc's.

You realise most hit confirms are not hard in the least in ANY fighter? In most cases a simple light attack can lead to 40% easily

You are not getting my point.
Those follow ups to the hc's you're referring to take skill to do, and it's not just one button. R2 in this game's case.
---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#14EX_BortthogPosted 4/25/2013 4:52:16 AM
Those follow ups to the hc's you're referring to take skill to do, and it's not just one button. R2 in this game's case

In most cases not really. Most hit confirms into BnBs are very basic, and in some cases ever 100% combos aren't hard either
---
#1 Cactus
#15hyperknees91Posted 4/25/2013 6:59:51 AM
Dive kick has 1 hit lead to instant ko woo.

The problem isn't the hc's in this game, they are actually very manageable compared to most fighters as most are pretty predictable. The problem is the balance and nothing else.

Also you can say that 1 hc leads to instant ko, but you'll always have more than one life so it's not really the same as a ko in other fighters. You can't really apply the same logic here as it has a different health system.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#16gameghy555Posted 4/25/2013 7:29:38 AM
There are two kinds of hit confirms.

One hit confirm

Combo hit confirm

I respect combo hit confirm obviously (although some are way too easy). However, one hit confirms I have a mixed feeling about. For example, Sweet Tooth's jump neutral square is some what simple to do, but extremely easy to block/roll/jump and even easier to punish. Where as the Coles have a way too easy hit confirm. In fact, their level 1s are so powerful it over rides level 2s (like Parappas level 2)
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#17KingTumbleweedPosted 4/25/2013 7:43:34 AM
gameghy555 posted...
There are two kinds of hit confirms.

One hit confirm

Combo hit confirm

I respect combo hit confirm obviously (although some are way too easy). However, one hit confirms I have a mixed feeling about. For example, Sweet Tooth's jump neutral square is some what simple to do, but extremely easy to block/roll/jump and even easier to punish. Where as the Coles have a way too easy hit confirm. In fact, their level 1s are so powerful it over rides level 2s (like Parappas level 2)

All Level 1s do that. Evil Cole is extremely obvious, if you see him charging a Giga Punch, you should be ready for hit confirm. People over exaggerate on HCs to much.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#18omescythePosted 4/25/2013 7:43:41 AM
if you got skill like you claim you do why not use it to avoid supers. most are avoidable. there are even a combat trial for charature to avoid their own supers. besides that you should use your skills to build up your ap fast and kill your opponent first before they kill you.
#19Eureka_Seven_RLPosted 4/25/2013 7:43:47 AM
With all the hit confirms and such it makes it too complex for a casual fighter such as SSB and as far as combo games go it's on the low end of the spectrum therefore not worth the time from people who enjoy fighting games.

Personally I think that's an oversimplification. This game has so many issues that put me off from it.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/crow-sama
#20EX_BortthogPosted 4/25/2013 8:08:32 AM
if you got skill like you claim you do why not use it to avoid supers. most are avoidable. there are even a combat trial for charature to avoid their own supers. besides that you should use your skills to build up your ap fast and kill your opponent first before they kill you.

Big Daddy's is just evil

Avoid 3 Big Daddy level 2s as Big Daddy
---
#1 Cactus