Tone down Projectile/Trap Characters?

#1CockachinoPosted 4/26/2013 3:54:29 PM
Anyone else think that projectiles should be toned down a bit for the inyourface cast? Now hear me out. I know that projectile characters> inyourface characters but at least give the inyourface cast some breathing room. I mean they already have a big disadvantage because the can only gain AP effectively through combos.....

I mean you have these characters like ratchet, sly, sac, issac, that can have out multiple traps,mines, bombs on the screen at once all the while attacking. Wouldn't be a big deal if they only stayed out for like a second or 2 but these projectiles stay on the map for quite a duration.

Sly for example, his mine alone is enough to shut down any inyourface character from combo execution but on top of that he can throw out the stun clock and the confuse bomb that stay out well over a few seconds. Enough to pretty much make you Sly's *****. As your forced into a defensive mode to prevent touching any of the projectiles.

Love playing heihachi but lets be real he just doesn't stand a chance against a pro projectile/trap character.... :(
#2EX_BortthogPosted 4/26/2013 3:56:16 PM
The only projectile RUSHDOWN (they are called RUSHDOWN) characters cant handle is Isaacs mine
---
#1 Cactus
#3Cockachino(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 4:01:59 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
The only projectile RUSHDOWN (they are called RUSHDOWN) characters cant handle is Isaacs mine

I dont think you have played a Pro Ratchet my good sir. He can literally be hell for "rush down" characters in 2v2 and FFA. Dat Snipe....Dat Cannon....Dat scatter. He shuts them all down. Almost untouchable. And IMO all mines are pretty annoying but yes issac's is the most annoying.
#4boy_luckPosted 4/26/2013 4:48:47 PM
The only trap that needs some kind of nerfing (reducing ridiculously large aoe and decreasing durability) is Isaac's mine. Other than that, they are all fine.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#5hyperknees91Posted 4/26/2013 5:16:12 PM
Cockachino posted...
EX_Bortthog posted...

I dont think you have played a Pro Ratchet my good sir. He can literally be hell for "rush down" characters in 2v2 and FFA. Dat Snipe....Dat Cannon....Dat scatter. He shuts them all down. Almost untouchable. And IMO all mines are pretty annoying but yes issac's is the most annoying.

Ratchet also pretty much has to rely on his level 2, which isn't even that great.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#6jacks_wasd_lifePosted 4/26/2013 7:52:52 PM
Isaac's aggresive turtle mine, spike's banana bullsh*t, Ratchet's spamfactory, even Sir Daniel's axerang pisses me off. but Isaac's mine, and spike's ground bananas are the worst. As a cole I have to constantly get rid of them if I want any chance at a lvl1, and it's hard when they can spam them from the air and ground just as fast as I can destroy them. But worse, trying to destroy them leaves me wide open for every attack they have.
#7geneocidePosted 4/26/2013 8:13:36 PM
jacks_wasd_life posted...
Isaac's aggresive turtle mine, spike's banana bullsh*t, Ratchet's spamfactory, even Sir Daniel's axerang pisses me off. but Isaac's mine, and spike's ground bananas are the worst. As a cole I have to constantly get rid of them if I want any chance at a lvl1, and it's hard when they can spam them from the air and ground just as fast as I can destroy them. But worse, trying to destroy them leaves me wide open for every attack they have.

Playing Cole and complaining? How sad.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#8hyperknees91Posted 4/26/2013 8:22:08 PM

Considering Cole has a way easier time landing his level 1 than either Spike or Isaac, I think it's well deserved.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#9jacks_wasd_lifePosted 4/26/2013 8:22:45 PM
geneocide posted...

Playing Cole and complaining? How sad.

I mained pre-patch drake first, that low enough for you?
#10Exo_IcarusPosted 4/26/2013 8:25:39 PM
Sounds like someone got bodied by a good Isaac and doesn't know how to deal with it beyond complaining.