Tone down Projectile/Trap Characters?

#11geneocidePosted 4/26/2013 8:26:57 PM
jacks_wasd_life posted...
geneocide posted...

Playing Cole and complaining? How sad.

I mained pre-patch drake first, that low enough for you?

Depends. What type of a Drake did you play? I have met good Drakes who didn't use those tactics and I have met the generic Drake.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#12jacks_wasd_lifePosted 4/26/2013 8:48:43 PM
geneocide posted...
geneocide posted...

Depends. What type of a Drake did you play? I have met good Drakes who didn't use those tactics and I have met the generic Drake.

I was Good, (2 black belts) but I was cheap as I could be.
#13geneocidePosted 4/26/2013 8:51:35 PM
geneocide posted...
geneocide posted...

I was Good, (2 black belts) but I was cheap as I could be.

That is a cheap drake. So you was generic.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#14CraftyScenariosPosted 4/26/2013 9:25:50 PM
No need to nerf mines, but as they are now, they're too safe. Logically, why wouldn't you abuse them? The simplest way to balance traps and mines is to give them an ap value like Emmett's turret. Then destroying them gives ap, and all the risk doesn't fall on the cq characters.
#15Cockachino(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:36:42 PM
CraftyScenarios posted...
No need to nerf mines, but as they are now, they're too safe. Logically, why wouldn't you abuse them? The simplest way to balance traps and mines is to give them an ap value like Emmett's turret. Then destroying them gives ap, and all the risk doesn't fall on the cq characters.

You kinda contradict your first sentence .Being able to destroy the mines and getting AP from them sounds like a nerf to me ....
#16CraftyScenariosPosted 4/26/2013 10:04:14 PM
Nerf to me means reducing the effectivess of a move. If you call that a nerf, then nerf it the way I said. Everyone seems to want to reduce the blast radius or durability of certain traps and mines. That will do nothing. Mines are mines. They blow up when you touch them. The inherent problem is that mines are 100% safe. All the risk is on the pursuer. The pursuer gains nothing by destroying mines, because the person with the mines can place them faster than you can destroy them and they can attack you while you destroy them. To balance them, you need to give the person with the mines a reason to NOT put it down.

For example, good Emmett players don't spam the turret. Why? It's a free 40 ap to whoever destroys it. Is the turret any less effective? No. But there's a risk for using it.
#17ChaosCreativityPosted 4/27/2013 12:47:58 AM
What's so annoying about Isaac's mines? (im not defending it, i hate them too, just want other opinions on it)

From my experienxe, i just dont like the knockback and how he can hide in a corner and shoot away at you. For some reason, i have a harder time dealing with it. Maybe its larger or that its combined with zoning (i can get past sackboy though...), but i find his mines most annoying.
#18EX_BortthogPosted 4/27/2013 1:52:38 AM
You need a decent projectile to fight Isaacs because his mine, unlike other mines, is larger and has a bigger vertical hitbox which makes air approaches unsafe unlike other mines.

Every fighter has a character like Isaac where rushdown characters can have issues, he isn't something new and he isn't the worst by a long shot because I've seen a zoner (Isaacs style is called zoning) with legitimate teleports that they can do as cancels from anything in either forwards or backwards negating progess made. Yes screw you Nu
---
#1 Cactus