PSASBR-SSM Occupy Twitter 2013

#1PheracusPosted 4/26/2013 6:34:26 PM
Let's face it, our beloved game is dying, and not because of the communities, or because of a lack of trying, but because the companies we paid to play this game have refused to acknowledge and support us the way they should. It's time for all of that to change.

We've tried petitioning for things we've wanted. We've tried sending friendly reminders and gentle messages nudging them in the right direction. Hell, we've even done their job and tested for bugs that plague the game while documenting their occurrences and requirements with different characters, stages, items, etc. Every day we lose more and more dedicated members of our communities because waiting for a handout just doesn't cut it anymore. We deserve to be updated on the status of projects, we deserve to know the direction this game is going to go, and we deserve to have the opportunity to breathe life into the game the way it was meant to be.

Nobody knows this game the way we do in our respective communities, yet there have been no serious offline tournaments, coverage, hype or attempt at such to give the game a chance to show off what it can do and how it can impress a viewing audience. We have demonstrated that this game can be very fun to watch and participate in with several successful live streams that attract viewers on a weekly basis - the best of which would be http://www.twitch.tv/crouchingfiercetv, but without game support we will be limited by the things this game should do, yet cannot.

If you love this game, and want to see it head in the right direction, then you will join in in our final attempt at having our voices heard through a silent portal such as twitter.

When an orchestra plays beautiful music, you do not hear just one instrument, or one sound. It is a symphony of instruments that come together to create a sound that cannot be ignored. We need to do the same thing and have our voices heard in such a way that we CANNOT BE IGNORED.

The plan:
Hijack SSM's twitter page.

How do we do this? Simple. For 7 days straight, we will occupy their twitter page between the hours of x and x by individually posting about the same topic, OR using a generic post that we will come up with here. This will flood their twitter page with 50 - 100 or more posts about PSASBR that cannot be ignored or overlooked. Regardless if they ask us to stop, we will not until we receive a proper channel of communication (a representative to deal with our inquiries), and correct the order with which SSM prioritizes the games needs.

We DO NOT need new DLC, this includes: costumes, minions, stages, items, etc. What we need are:

- A direct SSM contact for ONE representative from PSASBR to relay the needs of all communities (a skype community consisting of two representative from each community/board will be created to discuss the balance fixes and create a final voice for our SSM contact once we receive one. This way every community can be heard and have input in what they feel needs changing the most. The head of this community will be in direct contact with SSM via e-mail)
- GAME FIXES.
- Fix our title system. Four months without titles is patience enough! And an easy way to begin proving your dedication to this game.
- Fix our netcode issues! The offline and online experience should be the same! Why are some interactions different online and offline (mine durability for example), no more ghost rolling, no getting hit out of LVL 2 supers, ETC.
- Balance the game properly around what top level players feel are broken mechanics. If it's broken for them, it's broken for everyone. (your representatives will discuss and handle suggestions for this)

This is an idea, and I want to know how many of you love this game enough to participate in passively forcing change? I will be posting this to every community, as well as asking them to vote on two members who should represent their community on the PSASBR Board of Enforcers (B.o.E for short) or whatever we want to call it.
#2ZavalsBizPosted 4/26/2013 6:50:19 PM
Because I know about public relations between a corporation and the community all I can say is that SSM would be more annoyed by these tweets and won't do anything about it. However because SSM "enjoys" their consumers it may be possible that they may actually do something for the game but the mentality that the game has not done well and that there is no further hope for more sales, other than the ones from GameStop, however this doesn't really make SSM any profit, it highly likely that we won't be getting anything else for the game. It's highly likely that the final DLC for this game will be the release for each character's individual 4th costume, excluding Zeus and Isaac's.
#3blaze19_0XPosted 4/26/2013 6:55:37 PM
I wouldn't call this game fun to watch.

For every decent match there are 10 more that mainly consist of players jumping around for about 3 hours while both desperately try to land their hit confirms into supers.

Obviously this isn't a problem with the players, it's one of the many fundamental problems with the game IE. Air camping being too strong and running away being ideal especially with no timer+stock option like Smash.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#4blaze19_0XPosted 4/26/2013 7:01:57 PM(edited)
- Fix our netcode issues! The offline and online experience should be the same! Why are some interactions different online and offline (mine durability for example), no more ghost rolling, no getting hit out of LVL 2 supers, ETC.

You haven't heard of host advantage? I'm surprised, it's been known for a while now and it's the main reason all of this is happening.

And that's just fundamentaly how the online works, they'd have to remake it from scratch.

I think that's the biggest thing that will probably prevent this game from getting truly fixed. The issues aren't minor errors, they are fundamental design flaws.
---
#5ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/26/2013 7:02:52 PM
What makes you think they are going to listen?
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#6DreoreSilerePosted 4/26/2013 7:03:05 PM
Pheracus posted...
When an orchestra plays beautiful music, you do not hear just one instrument, or one sound. It is a symphony of instruments that come together to create a sound that cannot be ignored. We need to do the same thing and have our voices heard in such a way that we CANNOT BE IGNORED.

This quote is ridiculous and - pathetically - tries to make the issue bigger than it is. Instead of making your OP short and to the point, you just lost all credibility for me.

What's even more ridiculous now is that gamers like you are EXPECTING patches and DLC to come after a game is released, like it's become the thing now!

What about years ago, when companies actually made quality games that had EVERYTHING in one complete package?
---
I should go.
#7LightEcoSagePosted 4/26/2013 7:26:25 PM(edited)
Yeah, but um...... I kinda want a 4th costume for my main (especially since 8 other characters got theirs, so it would only be fair to give everyone a 4th since the 1st 8 got theirs) and the proper *actual* buffs he deserve. If I was sure those 2 things would happen then I would support the game to my hearts content.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#8sinxsaderPosted 4/26/2013 7:10:59 PM
I agree. I haven't played this game for a week straight so far and it feels great. I've been less of an angry person because I haven't had to deal with all those glitches and stuff. I'm better off without it i'm not attatched to it at all anymore. I'd rather go spend my money on injustice which I will do soon and have a better experience with that.

:D

But if they did fix the glitches and stuff i'd give it another try.
---
PSN: sinxsader27 PSABR Mains: Kat(best kat ever) and Dante.
It's clobberin time!!!
#9Pheracus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:23:34 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
Pheracus posted...

This quote is ridiculous and - pathetically - tries to make the issue bigger than it is. Instead of making your OP short and to the point, you just lost all credibility for me.

What's even more ridiculous now is that gamers like you are EXPECTING patches and DLC to come after a game is released, like it's become the thing now!

What about years ago, when companies actually made quality games that had EVERYTHING in one complete package?

Unfortunately they didn't release a finished game. If you're happy with the way things are you don't need to participate.

Thanks for your post :)
#10blaze19_0XPosted 4/26/2013 7:26:20 PM
Pheracus do you really expect them to fix host advantage?
Once again, you are basically asking them to revamp the ENTIRE online infrastructure.
They have no incentive to put in this much effort, profit wise.

It needs to be fixed but it won't be. It's just the sad truth.
---