Ratchet will be on the front of PSASBR's sequel's cover.

#31IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:42:52 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Thankfully it's only a trailer. Things could probably change by the time the movie come out.

...I hope. I'll be a bit pissed if they're gonna be that inconsistent >_>

They have said that the plot will be their retelling of the origin story, so things definitely won't be exactly the same. They even said that the movie well be addressing stuff about his race and the Galactic Rangers would be in it as well.

But Qwark provided a pretty interesting plot twist in R&C 1. I really hope they keep that part of the story the same.
#32judgementaeonPosted 4/27/2013 3:44:22 PM
I hope the movie doesn't suck >_>
---
I'm probably leaving psasbr board. Be happy ramen/crash
Me, for people who didn't see it:http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh536/clenhardt27/meeee010.jpg
#33IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:13:18 PM
They said that they were addressing concerns with Ratchet's design so hopefully that means they are changing him to his aCiT look.
---
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#34G-ScythePosted 4/27/2013 4:54:53 PM
The-Slab-King posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I know that the teaser that was released weren't clips from the movie, but judging from the way they were all communicating, do you think that Qwark will still be an antagonist?

Yeah. I don't see how this is gonna work.
They said that the movie is based around the 1st game or something, right? But they're all pally with Qwark as if it's the future series.

I think because the trailer is their future series selves and they are breaking the 4th wall by playing themselves in a movie about their origin
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#35IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:58:14 PM
G-Scythe posted...
The-Slab-King posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I know that the teaser that was released weren't clips from the movie, but judging from the way they were all communicating, do you think that Qwark will still be an antagonist?

Yeah. I don't see how this is gonna work.
They said that the movie is based around the 1st game or something, right? But they're all pally with Qwark as if it's the future series.

I think because the trailer is their future series selves and they are breaking the 4th wall by playing themselves in a movie about their origin

Ok i'm pretty sure they didn't think about all that lol
---
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#36wwinterj25Posted 4/27/2013 5:47:35 PM
judgementaeon posted...
I hope the movie doesn't suck >_>

You know I'm quite optimistic given teh fact the film is animated and the trailer made me laugh. It just seemed like it was taken from a R & C game.

Most games to film movies do suck like Hitman and Max Payne *shakes fist* but that's because they try and change to much, have real life actors playing them or have crappy plots. Maybe all three. There have been a few ok/good game to film adaptions but the best for me to this date is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and that was animated so we shall see what happens here.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#37NewMoonShadowPosted 4/27/2013 7:46:44 PM(edited)
KingTumbleweed posted...
Meanwhile, Sony's characters lack a certain factor and that is likeability. Don't get me wrong, I love the majority of Sony titles but their recent characters...I doubt anyone would care if it was announced the God of War or Uncharted series was ending but if that was Legend of Zelda or Mario...

Sony fans would be pretty mad that God of War was ending.

Uncharted fans don't mind that the series ended (Naughty Dog moved on to "The Last of Us") because it actually had a real and satisfying ending.

Just like if Zelda or Mario ended the only people who'd really care are Nintendo fanboys and nostalgia-w****s.

At this point Mario is sort of like The Simpsons. They're a cultural icon people like to have around because they've been here for so long, but not many people care THAT MUCH for their newer material. People might be sad to see it go, but more because it means an end to their memories, the end of an era, than because they were genuinely excited about what might come next.
#38PyroSparkPosted 4/27/2013 7:49:44 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
Given how every video game to movie theater adaptation has royally blown, no

Eh, Resident evil Degeneration and Damnation have been absolutely fantastic.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#39EX_BortthogPosted 4/27/2013 7:51:31 PM
Not a single person READ my post

video game to movie THEATER adaptation
---
#1 Cactus
#40NewMoonShadowPosted 4/27/2013 7:55:26 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
Not a single person READ my post

video game to movie THEATER adaptation

I did read your post. I posted three movies that were released in theaters. Read all the posts.