Why does every Dante use the same combo?

#1cuttin_in_cityPosted 4/27/2013 4:43:21 PM
In my quest to 100 everyone for an intro/outro Youtube vid, I am on my final character, Dante.

I EXPECTED to just copy 99% of Dantes online with the derpy square 3x combo crap.... But I had no clue how to perform it...

I started screwing around, and I gotta say... Dante is one of the most fun characters in the game! His combo potential is just so rewarding! I managed to craft my self-made combo, and it's so satisfying to use! Sure, I dropped it millions of times, but I'm starting to get the hang of his red cancel things.

Then when I go online... everyone's using the same boring combos... No use of guns...No... nothing... It's so repetitive, imo...

For anyone that uses Dante, why do you use the same boring combo? I understand if you're going for a super, but I don't even think it builds the most AP...
---
Hope... Hopefully... Hoping... Hopeful... Hoped... Hopes...
#2DreoreSilerePosted 4/27/2013 4:49:03 PM
YES, YES, EXACTLY my thoughts.

My favorite combo is one of the easiest that uses all three attack buttons.

[ ], [ ], [ ], / \., / \, Up ( )
---
I should go.
#3wwinterj25Posted 4/27/2013 4:51:06 PM
I don't use Donte but ask myself this very question when I see a Donte player do the same crappy combo. It doesn't make you seem like you know how to play it just makes you come across as a spammer more or less. Doesn't impress me and makes me go into a coma while I'm up in the air I'm that bored.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4sonicgx101Posted 4/27/2013 5:00:51 PM(edited)
To answer your question most Dantes either don't know how to use all his tools or (as you stated) they are aiming for a level 3.

When I use Dante I use all of his tools so that I can get that level 2 or 3

but when some Dantes try to get a level 3 they don't know that they are getting ap slower and are kratosing the entire match when Dante has a more ap cost than Kratos.
---
These eyes see darkness clearly!
#5cuttin_in_city(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:02:11 PM
I'm curious how people find out how to do the 3x sword combo loop... I tried all of his attacks, and none of them let me do it. I don't even see the red cancel symbol or chime when others use it...
---
Hope... Hopefully... Hoping... Hopeful... Hoped... Hopes...
#6SelitePosted 4/27/2013 5:21:32 PM
cuttin_in_city posted...
I'm curious how people find out how to do the 3x sword combo loop... I tried all of his attacks, and none of them let me do it. I don't even see the red cancel symbol or chime when others use it...

Give enough monkeys enough typewriters...
---
Something about kilts...
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#7EX_BortthogPosted 4/27/2013 6:37:21 PM
I don't even see the red cancel symbol or chime when others use it...

You don't see or hear other Bold Cancels as a failsafe so you don't somehow mistakenly confuse yours for theirs. Its a good idea on the wrong ass move. Sweet Tooth mines would be better x.x
---
#1 Cactus
#8geneocidePosted 4/27/2013 6:50:28 PM
I don't use most empty cancels but I can go toe to toe with the rest of them.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#9fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/27/2013 6:59:49 PM
I don't know, maybe they want to just use an easy combo that they're not likely to drop online, or maybe they don't know how to do the better combos with guns. Either way, I'm fine with it. Sure it's boring to watch, but I don't play the game for my opponent's enjoyment, and I don't expect the reverse either.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#10LeJonGriffPosted 4/27/2013 7:10:55 PM
cuttin_in_city posted...

Are you talking about empty canceling? I only do that when going for the level 1 kill confirm. It's square, square,square, up triangle, back O, neutral square. I do it differently since I play pad. Diagonal back&up triangle, forward O, neutral square. The empty cancel itself needs to be very fast. I don't main Dante. I'm just getting everyone to 999 so I gotta know everything about him before I try.
---
"Thank you based God! Lil B is so amazing, he must be someone's dad!" - Lil B