Why does every Dante use the same combo?

#11fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/27/2013 7:21:14 PM
Actually, don't do the presses for empty canceling too fast; I had to slow down my inputs to make it work. I'm used to UMvC3 Dante, and switching back and forth between Dantes gets annoying sometimes. I think playing this game makes me worse with Marvel Dante since I'm messing up Bold Cancel combos now... I rarely use Dante in this game, but I think the slow speed of his combos are making me too spoiled in terms of input leniency and timing :(
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#12LeJonGriffPosted 4/27/2013 7:28:35 PM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
Actually, don't do the presses for empty canceling too fast; I had to slow down my inputs to make it work. I'm used to UMvC3 Dante, and switching back and forth between Dantes gets annoying sometimes. I think playing this game makes me worse with Marvel Dante since I'm messing up Bold Cancel combos now... I rarely use Dante in this game, but I think the slow speed of his combos are making me too spoiled in terms of input leniency and timing :(

Lol I suck with marvel timing. I don't see myself bold canceling since it's a 50/50 chance if I'll do it. That's why I main Tron, Felicia, Morrigan.
---
"Thank you based God! Lil B is so amazing, he must be someone's dad!" - Lil B
#13fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/27/2013 7:53:47 PM
Wait, you can use Morrigan and Felicia but not Dante? I find their combos more difficult that Dante's, with the exception of one of his corner combos.

M, H, 6H, BC Volcano, jump back, H, Air Play, H, land, S, H, S, TK Acid Rain, jump, Hammer, land, Beehive, dash back, S, H, 6H, Bold Move, Skydance, land, turn around, Acid Rain, Volcano, j.S, land, Beehive, KEEPIN IT STYLISH lolz

It's just the last part... timing Acid Rain so there's enough time to Volcano then j.S, but not too much time so they flip out before those pink thingies from Acid Rain come down.

But I find Morrigan's combos to be a bigger pain, quite literally.

2M, 2H, S, sj.H, Soul Fist H, fly cancel, air dash down forward, H, Soul Fist L, unfly cancel, land, jump forward, M, H, Soul Fist H, fly cancel, air dash down forward, H, Soul Fist L, unfly cancel, land, 2M, 2H, S, sj.M, M, H, Shadow Blade M, Finishing Shower

Most of her combos require flight-canceled Soul Fists, and that can take a toll on one's fingers :(
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#14judgementaeonPosted 4/27/2013 7:56:22 PM
Well, I have 1 combo only, except it's only square :p
[] [] [], ^ [], Air [] [], Air ^[] ^[], Air v []
It's kinda useful, I guess :p
---
I'm probably leaving psasbr board. Be happy ramen/crash
Me, for people who didn't see it:http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh536/clenhardt27/meeee010.jpg
#15cuttin_in_city(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:18:21 PM
Thanks, LeJon... I thought it would be harder... Now I have a sure way to land my lvl 1 super now >_>

And I guess the chimes only working for you makes sense... It could get confusing, I guess... I cancel and gun a lot as Dante, so annoying as well.

judgementaeon posted...

I typically use:

Square, Square, Square, Down Triangle (1-2 shots; optional), Side Triangle, Side O, Down Square, Triangle, Side O, Up Square, Air Square 2x, Up Air Square 2x, Down Air Square.

It's actually pretty easy... My mind keeps forcing me to slow down after my down square (I keep impulsively trying to let Dante shoot his guns), making me not fast enough, but besides that, it works.

I am of the opinion Dante should have stylish combos... MvC3 is TOO stylish for me to handle >_> I can't get over how fun this guy is tho... even when I lose, I'm having fun! It's Pre-patch Nariko level!
---
Hope... Hopefully... Hoping... Hopeful... Hoped... Hopes...
#16LeJonGriffPosted 4/27/2013 8:52:41 PM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
Wait, you can use Morrigan and Felicia but not Dante? I find their combos more difficult that Dante's, with the exception of one of his corner combos.

M, H, 6H, BC Volcano, jump back, H, Air Play, H, land, S, H, S, TK Acid Rain, jump, Hammer, land, Beehive, dash back, S, H, 6H, Bold Move, Skydance, land, turn around, Acid Rain, Volcano, j.S, land, Beehive, KEEPIN IT STYLISH lolz

It's just the last part... timing Acid Rain so there's enough time to Volcano then j.S, but not too much time so they flip out before those pink thingies from Acid Rain come down.

But I find Morrigan's combos to be a bigger pain, quite literally.

2M, 2H, S, sj.H, Soul Fist H, fly cancel, air dash down forward, H, Soul Fist L, unfly cancel, land, jump forward, M, H, Soul Fist H, fly cancel, air dash down forward, H, Soul Fist L, unfly cancel, land, 2M, 2H, S, sj.M, M, H, Shadow Blade M, Finishing Shower

Most of her combos require flight-canceled Soul Fists, and that can take a toll on one's fingers :(

I'm quite bizarre. I don't play pad so those two come naturally. Fly canceling is simpler I suppose.

Back on topic, Yeah Dante players love them empty cancels, but that's not keepin it stylish! Personally my Dante isn't flashy. I don't do burst combos. I always drop before I can get that far. Luckily I always have a level 1 so I just empty cancel into that. He is a fun character to deep around with in the training room though. You're totally right.
---
#17LeJonGriffPosted 4/27/2013 8:57:52 PM
cuttin_in_city posted...
Thanks, LeJon... I thought it would be harder... Now I have a sure way to land my lvl 1 super now >_>

And I guess the chimes only working for you makes sense... It could get confusing, I guess... I cancel and gun a lot as Dante, so annoying as well.

judgementaeon posted...

I typically use:

Square, Square, Square, Down Triangle (1-2 shots; optional), Side Triangle, Side O, Down Square, Triangle, Side O, Up Square, Air Square 2x, Up Air Square 2x, Down Air Square.

It's actually pretty easy... My mind keeps forcing me to slow down after my down square (I keep impulsively trying to let Dante shoot his guns), making me not fast enough, but besides that, it works.

I am of the opinion Dante should have stylish combos... MvC3 is TOO stylish for me to handle >_> I can't get over how fun this guy is tho... even when I lose, I'm having fun! It's Pre-patch Nariko level!

Also his level 2 is by far the funnest thing to use. I always do up triangle, forward O, forward Square, land, Square, square, square, up triangle, forward O, down back O, land/wait, lvl2. That's stylish.
---
#18cuttin_in_city(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:51:47 PM
Now that I know how to do it, I see why people do the loop >_> It's so braindead easy! I had to stop myself from looping pass two everytime because I didn't want to bother potentially dropping a more complicated combo o_O

Regardless, just 100'd Dante. First "all intro/outro/victory theme" vid is officially in da makin'! Hopefully no one miraculously steals my thunder in a 24 hr. time period...
---
Hope... Hopefully... Hoping... Hopeful... Hoped... Hopes...
#19Q_BlahPosted 4/27/2013 10:06:33 PM
As a Dante user, I admit i do use the loops but only for these reasons,

1.Kill confirm
2.Happy birthday, when you catch 2 people in the loop
3. When the stage has many annoying platforms and i am unable to do my advance 165-175ap combos

I do try to keep my combos stylish because I love doing Dantes advance things but sometimes, you just have to rely on the loop for certain situations. Might as well use the weapons that you have.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#20GrindRaXcessPosted 4/28/2013 1:22:03 AM
I use different combos like:
square 3x -> up /\ to down O -> jump -> air side square , square square -> forward /\, forward O (cancel) square. One of my main burst combos. I rarely drop it.
---
PSN: AxiomPwns
I r teh bes in diz plays lawl