Who has the most combo potential? (other than Dante)

#1DrunkenMegamanPosted 4/28/2013 6:53:36 AM
Who has the most combo potential? (other than Dante) - Results (81 votes)
Kat
38.27% (31 votes)
Parappa
3.7% (3 votes)
Fatty P
8.64% (7 votes)
Raiden
8.64% (7 votes)
Kratos
6.17% (5 votes)
Either of the Coles
14.81% (12 votes)
Heihachi
7.41% (6 votes)
Nariko
11.11% (9 votes)
Other (make sure you name it! :D)
1.23% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Everybody get up, it's time to slam now

We got a real jam goin' down

Welcome to the Space Jam

Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam, alright
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#2XenoFFvsPosted 4/28/2013 7:01:51 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by combo potential. If you mean the highest AP combos then Kat fits the bill well as does Drake, Heihachi and Nariko. But if you mean who has the most AP burst combos then Kat is the clear winner for sure, even beating out Dante imo.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#3ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/28/2013 7:49:50 AM
Heihachi by a long shot. His fighting game origin only helps him. Once he lands a starter he has soooooo many options, its like not even funny. At point blank range, not even Kat can outbeat Heihachi (due to Down Squares super armor, and EWGF super armor, especially EWGF, which rivals Kats fastest attacks).

Only thing Kat has that Heihachi doesnt, is a good Air game and good supers.
But on the ground, Heihachi reigns supreme.

Anyways back on topic regarding combo potential. I'd say Heihachi actually rivals Dante, if not exceed him. Plus, unlike Dante, when Heihachi does a combo, theres a ctually a lot of maneuverability in errors. Errors don't actually screw over his comboes (unlike Dante, who has very very little leniency).

And can Dante AP burst using only a single move?
No? Didn't think so.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#4DireProphecyPosted 4/28/2013 7:53:06 AM
Either of the coles is winning... wtf? It's Kratos.
#5CrabhammarPosted 4/28/2013 8:04:16 AM
DireProphecy posted...
Either of the coles is winning... wtf? It's Kratos.

lol
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#6DrunkenMegaman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 9:19:00 AM(edited)
XenoFFvs posted...
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by combo potential. If you mean the highest AP combos then Kat fits the bill well as does Drake, Heihachi and Nariko. But if you mean who has the most AP burst combos then Kat is the clear winner for sure, even beating out Dante imo.

By combo potential, I mean "combo variety". As in, once you start a combo with that character, how many different ways are there for you to follow it up or do different sequences of attacks?

EDIT: Also, the ability to start a combo easily comes into play, too.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#7fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/28/2013 11:17:22 AM
Sorry, but neither Dante or Captain Manthong can compete with Kat. She has 155 AP combos off so many moves it's ridiculous. Dante can get more AP, but his combo starters are much more limited. Let's see him get 95 AP before landing his level 1 from a hit confirm at double jump height lol.

IIRC Dante has a ToD, but that requires your opponent to be grounded, whereas Kat's 95 AP combo will work on grounded or airborne targets.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#8TheDante_MainerPosted 4/28/2013 11:56:54 AM
Cole McGrath.
---
PSN: LegendOfRagna-
PSABR Main: Cole McGrath
#9ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/28/2013 11:58:52 AM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
Sorry, but neither Dante or Captain Manthong can compete with Kat. She has 155 AP combos off so many moves it's ridiculous. Dante can get more AP, but his combo starters are much more limited. Let's see him get 95 AP before landing his level 1 from a hit confirm at double jump height lol.

IIRC Dante has a ToD, but that requires your opponent to be grounded, whereas Kat's 95 AP combo will work on grounded or airborne targets.

I think you're missing the point. The thing with Kat is. Her ways to AP burst are actually limited. Once you land a starter with her, you have 1 or 2, maybe even 3 ways to maximize your AP output. But she has a wide variety of starters that lead into them.

Ex.
Comparing the [] [] [] and air >[] for Kat. Both of these are great starters for Kat. That open up the basis of her ground and air comboes respectively.

Lets say you go [] [] [] vO (not bothering to continue since this is just an example). That is a combo.

Then let's say you go from Air >[] onto a grounded opponent. You pretty much only have 1 combo option at this point. And thats going into your neutral []s. So if you do air >[] [] [] [] vO. Just because you added a hit, doesnt make it a different combo. All you're doing is altering the starter.

While on the topic of Kat. just to clarify. Doing Gravity Attract into Debris and vice versa. are not 2 seperate comboes. They are the same combo, just different order.

Now compare this to Heihachi.
Lets say I land a >[]. At this point, I can do whatever I want. Be it >/\ ^/\ >O Variant, ^[], I can even combo into a throw.

Lets say I do >[] >/\. At this point, I still have free reign. I can go into ^[], v[], another >[], >O [] (FAST), ^/\ or even another >/\.

>[] >/\ ^/\. Even after the third hit of the combo, I still have multiple ways to continue the combo. I can do another ^/\, EWGF, >[], ^[], if a wall is nearby, I can do /\ and follow up with a wall combo.. etc. etc.

Hopefully, this helps.
The sheer combo variants he can do, just from the moves I mentioned (which re roughly half of his moves that actually can keep the combo going). There is EASILY 20 or 30, even more different comboes I can make, just from a >[] starter.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#10fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/28/2013 12:49:48 PM(edited)
Well one of the main things that made me name Kat more than Heihachi was the edit: The ability to easily start combos as well. Captain Manthong only has 3 reliable combo starters: Cobra Strike, Powerbomb, and EWGF. His air shlaps are too slow, considering that he needs to air dash first or be below an opponent on a platform. Kat can get AP bursts off neutral square, air forward square, ground or air Gravity Attract, debris, down throw, both attacks following her slide, and thy mighty FOOT DIVE. And her combos all vary after her grounded square string depending on what started it.

For example, neutral square started combo would be square 3x, down O, square, square, up square, square, square, air dash up, down O, triangle ( I think that was the combo, I haven't used Kat in a while)

Her foot dive combo would be (obviously starting with) FOOT DIVE, air dash down if necessary, square 3x, down O, square, square, up square, air forward square, triangle

...she's rivaling Kratos for the title of God of Square. But still, they're different combos. Just because they have a same part in between doesn't make them the same. The way they start and near the end are different. And the thing is, that Kat can vary those combos even more, at the cost of some AP gain just to make her combos more diverse.

Like how MvC3 Dante combos will generally start with stuff into a Bold Canceled Volcano, usually followed by the normal jump canceled air combo with Air Play, then a launch followed by a Hammer, yada yada, more stuff, ending with a Beehive cancelled before the last hit into a super. It might not be in that order, but it's usually the same stuff. Of course he has WAY more swaggish versions, but that's not to say that his BnBs are all the same.

To be honest, Heihachi's combos are basically the same thing too, just different order, right? You might start off with a Cobra Strike, then you can do his up triangle , EWGF, up triangle 2x. Or maybe Cobra Strike, spinny kick thing, forward triangle 2x, then you can end with a delayed down triangle or up triangle 2x. Sure Heihachi can combo well, but saying roughly half his moves can keep a combo going seems like an exaggeration.

Oh right, and I forgot to mention... combo variety can be rather scarce if you're not going to consider different order of attacks, considering how few moves this game has. I remember hearing that Mahvel Dante has the most special moves out of any fighting game character ever created. Non-changing characters in this game have what, less than 30 attacks probably? 24 with ground and air normals, and 3 supers?
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!