The REAL reason the game started dying

#1GrapeJellySpamPosted 4/29/2013 12:08:42 PM
It's as simple as this: the top tier characters are just no fun to use.

Kratos and Raiden? Mashing Square will get stale, and especially for raiden, the same Hit Confirm over and over gets old, even for the one using him.

The Coles? Spamming Grenades and doing the same Level 1 Hit confirm.
Sly? He's turning into a character that just sits in the TNT barrel.
Dante, Ratchet and Kat seem to be the only top tiers that have a good replayability factor to them. They either have a long range of combos or a lot of tools to their disposal.

Seeing as how I main Sackboy and Toro, the 2 most versatile characters, I now understand why I have stuck with this game while many others (mainly top tier character users) are now gone.
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
#2blaze19_0XPosted 4/29/2013 12:17:11 PM(edited)
Dante might have among the most amount of combo potential but it's meaningless since you should always be going into ECs loops into level 1. So he's actually among the most linear characters in the game in terms of practicality of attack options.The only thing you could argue is since he has more specific movement tools than most, at least in movement and spacing he's a bit more diverse.

I wouldn't call Sackboy that dynamic either. He has zero viable approach options and has to resort to throwing out cakes and jelly while running away most of the time. And most of the time getting to level 3 is the best option by far so it's the same problem as some of the other characters you mentioned, you always know how the match is going to end.

But then, that kind of goes for this game and the Super system in general. Far too limiting.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#3legendofskylandPosted 4/29/2013 12:23:30 PM
So you're saying because people don't like one or 2 characters out of a roster of 24 they'll leave? Yeah, sure. Even then the characters you mention aren't nearly as simple as you make em sound?
#4KingTumbleweedPosted 4/29/2013 12:23:59 PM
I was about to respond with a reasonable response but then I realised who it was...

Fun is a purely subjective term.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#5GrapeJellySpam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:27:16 PM
legendofskyland posted...
So you're saying because people don't like one or 2 characters out of a roster of 24 they'll leave? Yeah, sure. Even then the characters you mention aren't nearly as simple as you make em sound?

Well you know what? Hardly anyone uses the other damn characters so yes, they will get bored. I haven't EVER had a SINGLE sitting of about 3-5 matches where I don't see a Kratos, Raiden, or a Cole.

And I encounter more Kratos/Raiden 2v2 teams in an hour than I have EVER seen Sir Dans. Say what you will, but 24 does not matter when only around 6 are used.
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
#6iGGYHo3Posted 4/29/2013 12:28:15 PM
lol at not listing fatp in the "top tiers" the reason this game is dead again competitvewise (casually its fine-_-) is that the devs have no interest in the 1v1 aspects of this game and they made it very clear. They made patches according to a ffa standpoint and as well as that, they're disregard for the huge glitches still prevalent in this is a big slap in the face to anyone trying to take this game seriously.
---
Psn ID: iiGGYxD
#7blaze19_0XPosted 4/29/2013 12:34:14 PM(edited)
iGGYHo3 posted...
lol at not listing fatp in the "top tiers" the reason this game is dead again competitvewise (casually its fine-_-) is that the devs have no interest in the 1v1 aspects of this game and they made it very clear. They made patches according to a ffa standpoint and as well as that, they're disregard for the huge glitches still prevalent in this is a big slap in the face to anyone trying to take this game seriously.

Not to mention the host advantage nonsense.

Which means every tourny's results up until now are highly questionable.

Was X player just too slow in his/her punish in that one match that cost him the game and tournament in GFs? Or was he just naturally 0.5-1 second slower than his opponent because he wasn't the host and his opponent's screen took priority?

I wouldn't say the game is fine casually either. Glitches and techical issues affect everyone and hinder the enjoyment of everyone.
---
#8XenoFFvsPosted 4/29/2013 12:52:30 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
iGGYHo3 posted...

Not to mention the host advantage nonsense.

Which means every tourny's results up until now are highly questionable.

Was X player just too slow in his/her punish in that one match that cost him the game and tournament in GFs? Or was he just naturally 0.5-1 second slower than his opponent because he wasn't the host and his opponent's screen took priority?

I wouldn't say the game is fine casually either. Glitches and techical issues affect everyone and hinder the enjoyment of everyone.

Do you actually like this game or even still play it?
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#9blaze19_0XPosted 4/29/2013 1:04:05 PM
I haven't played it in weeks. And I never invested nearly as much time and effort into it as I originally planned to. My expectations were far too high, the game just didn't deliver.

I don't hate the game though. It's still probably the best platform fighter after Smash, not that that's saying much. I just feel it could have been so much better if it wasn't plagued with technical issues and so many bad design choices.

The game can still be fun albeit inferior to Smash in nearly every way.
---
#10DrunkenMegamanPosted 4/29/2013 1:13:18 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
The game can still be fun albeit inferior to Smash in nearly every way.

---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121