does sly get hit out of his level 1 easier now?

#1Microsoft_ZunePosted 4/29/2013 3:15:05 PM
I have mained sly since launch and lately i've been getting hit out of my level 1 really easy. .
---
Ska Frost is the best in the world at what he does!
#2TheBlackAce222Posted 4/29/2013 3:18:17 PM
Before the patch it was impossible to stop his level 1.
Now its possible
---
PSN - xOptogerx
http://s03.mpcdn.net/manga/p/8653/363770/10.jpg
#3DrunkenMegamanPosted 4/29/2013 3:22:40 PM
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#4geneocidePosted 4/29/2013 3:25:51 PM
DrunkenMegaman posted...
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

Thankfully.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#5Microsoft_Zune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:29:19 PM
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

ah I thought a patch fixed it.good to know. but sly still has a nice level 1 fixed or not. mainly just about placement.
---
Ska Frost is the best in the world at what he does!
#6redskinsrock26Posted 4/29/2013 4:15:35 PM
geneocide posted...
DrunkenMegaman posted...
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

Thankfully.

You had 1 frame to hit Sly out of his level 1 prepatch, it happened to me tons of times, it even happened to me twice in a match once prepatch. It is much easier to get hit out of it now, but it was not impossible before.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#7PyroSparkPosted 4/29/2013 5:29:37 PM
redskinsrock26 posted...
geneocide posted...
DrunkenMegaman posted...
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

Thankfully.

You had 1 frame to hit Sly out of his level 1 prepatch, it happened to me tons of times, it even happened to me twice in a match once prepatch. It is much easier to get hit out of it now, but it was not impossible before.

Might as well have been impossible. This was one of the few nerfs that did nothing but help balance him.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#8boy_luckPosted 4/29/2013 6:37:04 PM
It is still one of the best lvl1s, though.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#9redskinsrock26Posted 4/29/2013 6:53:09 PM(edited)
PyroSpark posted...
redskinsrock26 posted...
geneocide posted...
DrunkenMegaman posted...
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Now its possible

Thankfully.

Might as well have been impossible. This was one of the few nerfs that did nothing but help balance him.

I actually disagree with this. I understand the logic that this nerf made his level 1 more like the rest of the cast in a FFA environment for sure, but as far as 1v1 goes, this nerf was absolutely devastating. The issue is that Sly doesn't have any good kill confirms for his level 1 (his best confirm is probably his mine after a counter) so the super is almost completely worthless at a high level of play now. His level 2 has been garbage since launch so his only effective option is his level 3 now. I felt I was one of very very few people that actually took advantage of the fact his level 1 was difficult to interrupt by using it as a punish for people who attacked (especially after blocks), used grab resets (this still works on some characters), or by baiting attacks to punish with a level 1. This super is very worthless at a high level play without these possibilities and honestly this nerf is more or less the reason I don't play this game any more. I used to love playing Sly, but this nerf literally destroyed my enjoyment of the game. I'll probably get some backlash for this post, but to clarify I do understand the reasoning behind the nerf, and might even agree he had it coming, but his level 1 is just not a viable super anymore at high levels because of this nerf.
---
#10redskinsrock26Posted 4/29/2013 6:49:52 PM
boy_luck posted...
It is still one of the best lvl1s, though.

Maybe in FFA. In 1v1 I don't even see it as a top 15 level 1, in 2v2 it can be ok depending on who your partner is using.
---