does sly get hit out of his level 1 easier now?

#11Link versus CloudPosted 4/29/2013 7:42:53 PM
redskinsrock26 posted...

I actually disagree with this. I understand the logic that this nerf made his level 1 more like the rest of the cast in a FFA environment for sure, but as far as 1v1 goes, this nerf was absolutely devastating. The issue is that Sly doesn't have any good kill confirms for his level 1 (his best confirm is probably his mine after a counter) so the super is almost completely worthless at a high level of play now. His level 2 has been garbage since launch so his only effective option is his level 3 now. I felt I was one of very very few people that actually took advantage of the fact his level 1 was difficult to interrupt by using it as a punish for people who attacked (especially after blocks), used grab resets (this still works on some characters), or by baiting attacks to punish with a level 1. This super is very worthless at a high level play without these possibilities and honestly this nerf is more or less the reason I don't play this game any more. I used to love playing Sly, but this nerf literally destroyed my enjoyment of the game. I'll probably get some backlash for this post, but to clarify I do understand the reasoning behind the nerf, and might even agree he had it coming, but his level 1 is just not a viable super anymore at high levels because of this nerf.

Uh wat? His level 2 is a kill confirm off any hard knockdown making it just as viable as almost any level 2 for 1v1 purposes. His level 3 is a guaranteed 2 kills at a lower cost than most level 3s.

There are still multiple ways to set up his level 1 also (counter, alarm clock).

Sly is still a high tier character in 1v1 and is still broken as all hell in 2v2
---
Not changing this sig until Cleveland wins a title started 6/2/07
#12redskinsrock26Posted 4/29/2013 8:28:09 PM
Link versus Cloud posted...
redskinsrock26 posted...

I actually disagree with this. I understand the logic that this nerf made his level 1 more like the rest of the cast in a FFA environment for sure, but as far as 1v1 goes, this nerf was absolutely devastating. The issue is that Sly doesn't have any good kill confirms for his level 1 (his best confirm is probably his mine after a counter) so the super is almost completely worthless at a high level of play now. His level 2 has been garbage since launch so his only effective option is his level 3 now. I felt I was one of very very few people that actually took advantage of the fact his level 1 was difficult to interrupt by using it as a punish for people who attacked (especially after blocks), used grab resets (this still works on some characters), or by baiting attacks to punish with a level 1. This super is very worthless at a high level play without these possibilities and honestly this nerf is more or less the reason I don't play this game any more. I used to love playing Sly, but this nerf literally destroyed my enjoyment of the game. I'll probably get some backlash for this post, but to clarify I do understand the reasoning behind the nerf, and might even agree he had it coming, but his level 1 is just not a viable super anymore at high levels because of this nerf.

Uh wat? His level 2 is a kill confirm off any hard knockdown making it just as viable as almost any level 2 for 1v1 purposes. His level 3 is a guaranteed 2 kills at a lower cost than most level 3s.

There are still multiple ways to set up his level 1 also (counter, alarm clock).

Sly is still a high tier character in 1v1 and is still broken as all hell in 2v2

Counter confirm is beyond useless because it needs perfect timing to prevent an autotech, and you should be confirming it with a mine after the counter anyways. Aside from that there are quite a few characters that should almost never be stunned by Sly's counter if they respect it. His alarm clock is really not a great confirm by any means either. His level 2 is average for 1v1, I'll give you that, but really almost anyone's level 2 can assure a kill and going straight level 2s is definitely not a reliable way to win a 1v1 with Sly like it is for Kratos or Isaac. Level 3 is good but really he usually needs a level 3 and a level 2 to win a 3 stock 1v1 now. He probably doesn't really have any completely unwinnable matchups, but I honestly think he and Zeus should probably be switched in most tier lists and Sly should be a high-mid tier. I also don't really understand how hes broken for 2v2, he was certainly much better pre-patch and while he was easily a top 3 or so 2v2 character pre-patch, hes gotten considerably worse and I've heard more complaints about his 2v2 game post patch than I ever did before. I'm probably just uninformed because I don't care anymore, but from what I've been hearing lately hes literally almost the Kat of 2v2s, which I don't really understand. I would be interested to see this be explained if possible. Either way though, I honestly don't care about his placing on any tier list and I certainly never said he was a bad character now, I just said I don't enjoy playing as him anymore.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#13Microsoft_Zune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:53:29 AM
you know normally I don't complain about a game's community but psabr community from what I see does complain about a lot of stuff. A LOT.
---
Ska Frost is the best in the world at what he does!