Character Analysis: Zeus

#1ZavalsBizPosted 4/30/2013 6:03:35 PM
Now that Zeus has been released for a month already, what's the current status in him? Is he OP, pathetic, or average?
By current I mean before he's touched by some sorta patch.
#2G-ScythePosted 4/30/2013 6:20:19 PM
he would be low tier if it weren't for his OP dodge roll
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#3ZavalsBiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:36:30 PM
True his Dodge is his saving grace but you have to look at the fact that he's so predictable.
#4G-ScythePosted 4/30/2013 8:19:51 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
True his Dodge is his saving grace but you have to look at the fact that he's so predictable.

predictable doesn't always mean bad

look at Kratos. every match with a Kratos, you know he is gonna spam the Jesus chains.

though in Zeus' case, it probably hurts him more due to how slow and unsafe his best attacks are
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#5DavidgraymanPosted 4/30/2013 8:40:17 PM
Lower mid tier IMO
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#6ZavalsBiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:54:27 PM
G-Scythe posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...

predictable doesn't always mean bad

look at Kratos. every match with a Kratos, you know he is gonna spam the Jesus chains.

though in Zeus' case, it probably hurts him more due to how slow and unsafe his best attacks are

That's another thing, pretty much ALL of Zeus's attacks are completely unsafe and he pretty much relies on his Lv.3 to win games and EVEN his Lv.3 is predictable.
#7ChaosCreativityPosted 4/30/2013 10:07:37 PM
I'd say slightly below average. He has a lot of attacks that guard break and gain a lot of ap when charged (i had a problem fighting him when he first came out), but he eventually became manageable since it's easy to learn how to avoid his attacks.
His lv.1 is rarely used online, his 2 seems to last forever so you can chase people down, and lv.3 is pretty good, considering a lot of people dont know how to read which way to dodge.
He does have hos dodge roll and super armor going for him though.

Note: this is from observation and opinion, as i never tried experimenting with him.
#8wwinterj25Posted 5/1/2013 5:48:54 AM
Not as OP as some people claim. Really slow and easy enough to read however in FFA, while others are distracted he can gain AP really good and his level 3 is the money shot. I find it to be one of the best in the game. His level 2 and 1 are very situational although I do like his level 2 and use it quite a bit. His level 1 also is fast so I guess it's a mixed bag when it comes to his supers aside from level 3. Overall I'd class him as mid tier and I do main him at the moment.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj