I send messages to rage quitters

#1supafan303Posted 5/5/2013 3:11:18 AM
Whenever a player clearly rage quits, I promptly follow up the match with a quick PSN message.

"lol rage quit"
"haha raaage quit"

Something along those lines. It's a little satisfaction for me considering now my character won't rank up for that match (my main is the only 999 rank character I have). I especially love when they message back with hate mail. It warms my heart. #sorrynotsorry

Does anyone else do this? Why should I sit there and just accept the fact that someone couldn't even bother to finish a match with me? Lose and accept it. I'll even send "gg" to good, non-rage quitters win or lose.
---
GamesMasterZero - "What exactly is Ash's Pikachu and *where do I get one?"
#2DreoreSilerePosted 5/5/2013 3:13:13 AM
What, are you expecting fan replies now? The game allows people to quit a match in its duration, so why are you complaining?

Get better at life scrub.
---
I should go.
#3supafan303(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:24:49 AM
The quit option wasn't designed so you can quit every match you lose so stop acting like that's acceptable behavior. Obviously I'm complaining because I don't sit there waiting for servers to find players then play three minute matches just to have sore losers opt out of playing and prevent me from getting credit for winning.

And no, I don't expect "fan replies." I asked if anyone else does something like this. Get better at understanding the posts you're reading before replying, scrub.
---
GamesMasterZero - "What exactly is Ash's Pikachu and *where do I get one?"
#4fulcar95Posted 5/5/2013 3:36:18 AM
I used to do the same until their names got annoyingly complex to remember. I would say "LOL ragequit" and go back and forth with their replies. Some would even ask for a rematch, and i would win every single time and shut them up until they blocked me. Always feels good putting pathetic cowards in their place.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#5KingTumbleweedPosted 5/5/2013 4:16:07 AM
Someone quits, move on with your life. But no, you have to act all superior to them and reply with messages that indicate you're salty about the quit.

It's like 2 children in a race where one falls over and can't continue while the winner continues to gloat to everyone that they won.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#6flairePosted 5/5/2013 4:19:12 AM
your XMB has an option to message current and recent players you have been in matches with. Easier than trying to remember strange name spellings.

I'm not encouraging your gloat messages though. You are grossly overestimating the impact your message has on its recipient. Most peeps could care less about some rage message from a faceless internet stranger that they will never meet. Your opinion just doesn't matter at all to them.
---
So many games......So little time.......
#7fulcar95Posted 5/5/2013 5:41:55 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
Someone quits, move on with your life. But no, you have to act all superior to them and reply with messages that indicate you're salty about the quit.

It's like 2 children in a race where one falls over and can't continue while the winner continues to gloat to everyone that they won.

Except the winner doesn't win, in fact everyone gets disqualified solely because the sore loser who fell decided to run home crying. Meaning the entire race was a waste of time. You wasted your skills, time, and energy, and get nothing for it. Oh and it doesn't just happen once. It happens every other race, but it doesn't when you lose. So it's basically a lose-lose situation. All we did is send a lol message for their cowardice, yet you guys make it sound like we're mailing them grenades that will blow up their homes or something. The heck? So you defend the actual "children" who ruin the game while attacking the victims who just want what they earned? No wonder this game's community sucks.
---
#8DreoreSilerePosted 5/5/2013 5:48:08 AM
fulcar95 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

Except the winner doesn't win, in fact everyone gets disqualified solely because the sore loser who fell decided to run home crying. Meaning the entire race was a waste of time. You wasted your skills, time, and energy, and get nothing for it. Oh and it doesn't just happen once. It happens every other race, but it doesn't when you lose. So it's basically a lose-lose situation. All we did is send a lol message for their cowardice, yet you guys make it sound like we're mailing them grenades that will blow up their homes or something. The heck? So you defend the actual "children" who ruin the game while attacking the victims who just want what they earned? No wonder this game's community sucks.

I consider it a victory whenever someone rage quits. Likewise, the opponent should consider it as one too when I rage quit.

Do numbers or stats mean anything? No. If I make someone rage quit, that means I'm doing something that someone hates, and I like that. This game is all about trolling anyway.
---
I should go.
#9KingTumbleweedPosted 5/5/2013 5:56:32 AM
fulcar95 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

Ragequitting happens. If the child goes home crying, then I'll feel bad for them. Going over to their house the next day to gloat at them that they ran home crying just proves you're salty. Your messaging is proving that ragequitting makes others rage which is what they want. They're probably drinking the tears that fell when you sent the message.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#10fulcar95Posted 5/5/2013 6:38:21 AM
flaire posted...
your XMB has an option to message current and recent players you have been in matches with. Easier than trying to remember strange name spellings.

I'm not encouraging your gloat messages though. You are grossly overestimating the impact your message has on its recipient. Most peeps could care less about some rage message from a faceless internet stranger that they will never meet. Your opinion just doesn't matter at all to them.

Yeah I know about the Players Met list, but for some fighting games like Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, an opponent's name would only register on the list AFTER the match ended, so if they quit any time before that they wouldn't appear, and the only way to contact them is by inputting their names manually. All the NUNS games were like that, so I figured it was the same in this game too, but didn't bother to check.

And no the messages are actually pretty effective. Most sore losers who ragequit make up excuses to why they lost/left, whether it was lag, spam, cheapness, power loss, etc., when clearly it was not. The lol message would poke a nerve and get ppl angry enough to accept a rematch in which I would thoroughly prove that my win was fair and legit, so much so that some would even apologize for their behavior and suggest teaming up for 2v2, becoming new friends.
---