Should there be two Coles in this game?

#1RoyalShinePosted 5/6/2013 12:25:08 AM
Was it okay for All-Stars to have both Cole and Evil Cole included? - Results (126 votes)
Yes. SSB had Link and Toon/Young Link, so why is this a big deal?
38.89% (49 votes)
I don't care either way.
18.25% (23 votes)
No. Why would they use a character slot for the same character?
42.86% (54 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally think it's okay. It doesn't bother me that it's the same person. Plus, they're more varied than a lot of similar characters in SSB (Falco/Fox for example)
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
"HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" - Heihachi
#2LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 12:46:54 AM(edited)
Ok um Toon Link is not a clone to neither Young Link or Adult Link. Young Link was the clone to Adult Link, but Toon link was fine.

It's fine to have 2 different Cole's, because it makes sense if you played the games. The problem is why are they in 2 separate slots? They should have been in the same slot with the option to pick either one. It actually would have been a better reference that way. It would feel as though you was picking your own side like in the games.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#3RoyalShine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:55:26 AM
It's been a while since I've played SSB, but I could swear that all of the links had pretty much the same moves, not counting moving faster, doing more damage, being lighter, etc. Heck, even Link and Toon Link have the same Final Smash.

The Coles only have the same Square moves, different style Triangle moves, and completely different Circle moves and specials.

I don't think they should have put the two types under one character, but I don't think having two Coles should taken up place in the roster. They could've made up for it by adding two more characters in the beginning or something.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
"HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" - Heihachi
#4Chojuro7SwordPosted 5/6/2013 1:05:09 AM
RoyalShine posted...
It's been a while since I've played SSB, but I could swear that all of the links had pretty much the same moves, not counting moving faster, doing more damage, being lighter, etc. Heck, even Link and Toon Link have the same Final Smash.

The Coles only have the same Square moves, different style Triangle moves, and completely different Circle moves and specials.

I don't think they should have put the two types under one character, but I don't think having two Coles should taken up place in the roster. They could've made up for it by adding two more characters in the beginning or something.

Completely different special moves? Yea, like their level 1 isn't exactly the same. Oh ok.

They have more things in common than contrast.

But I voted "I don't care either way" or whatever.
#5ZavalsBizPosted 5/6/2013 1:17:40 AM
Yes because double the Coles is bliss, though it is too bad that Evil Karma isn't too pleasing to look at, but who cares its still my Cole he just lost his way is all.
#6LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 1:28:09 AM(edited)
RoyalShine posted...

Well yeah I guess, but Toon link has some different moves then Adult Link and move mechanics especially. My point was really that Young Link was more of a clone to Adult Link.

As I said putting them under 1 character would have made the perfect sense because it is LITERALLY the same person just with 2 different abilities just like Dark Jak and Light Jak. Again.. at the selection screen it would be as if you was in the game he came from where you pick who you want to be. With the way they structured it, it's misleading in a way that will make people think there are 2 separate Cole's, which would mean their 2 different people... which is not true.

LET me go into detail how the system would look. I'm not talking about your typical press R1 to switch characters. I'm talking about Cole would be the default picture, but there will always be a slide-tab on the side of his image that says Evil. When you slide it to evil then it will say Evil Cole as the titled name of course with the Evil Cole picture. The tab will obviously be big enough so its NEVER miss-able :)
---
#7St0ve1Posted 5/6/2013 2:44:36 AM
They both are overpowered noob characters so no
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#8sinncrossPosted 5/6/2013 2:47:52 AM
If E Cole was not a separate character you do know that FP would not have a rival character...
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Try my LBP2 level http://lbp.me/v/jyqe5v Japan is so nice!
#9LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 3:02:14 AM
sinncross posted...
If E Cole was not a separate character you do know that FP would not have a rival character...

No... they still would be rivals. I'm saying the character slot should be shared. The slot at the gameplay scene has nothing to do with the intro cinematic of the game or rivalry between them.
---
#10KingTumbleweedPosted 5/6/2013 3:03:36 AM
sinncross posted...

I actually don't mind having 2 Coles but seriously...that's the best you could do? FP's rival could range from Crash Bandicoot to Master Chief. She literally has zero personality and motivation. She's so one-dimensional, they had to make up her personality in a game she didn't originate from.

FP: Oooh, do you have cake?

...is such a general question, it could start a fight with any character. This is further exemplified by the stupidity of their rival cutscene.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams