Are these NOT no-brainer set-it-and-forget-it moves?

#1DreoreSilerePosted 5/6/2013 3:06:22 PM
Jak: Gyro Burster (spinning circle thing that shoots bullets)
Ratchet: Mr. Zurkon, Trip Wire
Sweet Tooth: Mine
Sly: Mine
Sackboy: Electric Panel, Checkpoint, Bounce Pad, Fan, Cake
Sir Dan: Breath of Fire
Isaac: Mine

Even these!

Sweet Tooth: Molotov
Sly: Alarm Clock
Radec: Teslite Grenade
Fat Princess: Worker Bomb
Drake: Barrel
Sir Dan: Walking Head
Isaac: Floating Saw
Ratchet: Exploding Bugs

Am I not right that they should be out at all times or most of the time??
---
I should go.
#2LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 3:40:37 PM(edited)
Jak's Gyro Burster along with other moves such as the Zurkon and again other moves should not be out for ever. Mines are fine because they're mines.

If I misunderstood and you are talking about these are moves that players should constantly throw out then yeah I agree although some of the above are really hard to deal with when constantly being thrown out -_-

The Gyro Burster does need another buff though because they apparently missed somethings smh (which isn't surprising). It's Jak's only trap based move. It should have been at it's best potential because of that, which is bouncing off walls, a hit-stun with the power of Dante's pistols and some form of armor that doesn't allow ANY hit to destroy it.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#3DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:52:09 PM
^ I meant that players should put them out at all times - it's time-efficient, and doesn't require any extra effort. Any smart player knows how to multi-task efficiently.

I also forgot to add Spike's bananas.

Anyway, some people complain that these are spam moves. They're not. It takes one extra second to put out three bananas as Spike while you go do something else.
---
I should go.
#4LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 3:59:39 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
^ I meant that players should put them out at all times - it's time-efficient, and doesn't require any extra effort. Any smart player knows how to multi-task efficiently.

I also forgot to add Spike's bananas.

Anyway, some people complain that these are spam moves. They're not. It takes one extra second to put out three bananas as Spike while you go do something else.

Yeah I edited and said that in my 2nd line.

However, about the spamming. They actually are spammable and hard to deal with, mines especially. Another example Mr Zurkon saves Ratchet from a lot of long combo's and has a great defense that keeps Ratchet safe from certain combos for a while.
---
#5Potatoman622Posted 5/6/2013 4:14:18 PM
Meh not all of them are worth the effort to put out. Sir Dan's fire has so much startup you usually get hit for using it. You're better off to keep out axes and the occasional hand.

Also Fat Princesses mines are absolute garbage. Using a mine is a summon, which means you can't throw down the mine AND the much more useful fireballs and air knights.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#6LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 4:17:55 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
Meh not all of them are worth the effort to put out. Sir Dan's fire has so much startup you usually get hit for using it. You're better off to keep out axes and the occasional hand.

Also Fat Princesses mines are absolute garbage. Using a mine is a summon, which means you can't throw down the mine AND the much more useful fireballs and air knights.

Um that's why you use the fire in the air where it's more safe and will come down to the ground. However I will agree FP *bombs* do kinda suck, but then again not all bombs are made to explode on impact. I've gotten hit by some and on top of that it's good for defensive uses not attacking, so it has it's pro's to.
---
#7djmaster1994Posted 5/6/2013 5:25:37 PM
Kratos all movesets except that blade attacks
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#8Potatoman622Posted 5/6/2013 5:54:10 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

Um that's why you use the fire in the air where it's more safe and will come down to the ground. However I will agree FP *bombs* do kinda suck, but then again not all bombs are made to explode on impact. I've gotten hit by some and on top of that it's good for defensive uses not attacking, so it has it's pro's to.

Even in the air the fire has ridiculous amount of startup, if you start it up from a safe enough distance to where you can't get hit in the air, chances are they aren't going to walk into it anyway.

Only reason I say FP bombs are useless is because using it means you can't shoot a fireball, and fireballs are slow moving, insanely big, and hit when somebody touches them. Using a fireball and walking into it will cover you because if you start getting combo'd the fireball saves you. Bomb has a small radius and only goes off when the timer ends so its more or less lucky if somebody gets hit by one, because they get 2-3 seconds to avoid it. FP is all about pressuring people and the reward for even managing to hit with it doesn't compare to what you can get from using a soldier or fireball.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#9boy_luckPosted 5/6/2013 6:10:19 PM
As a Spike main I agree with having Mr. Zurkon, Gyrobuster and Emmett's turret out at all times as they provide delicious extra AP.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#10LightEcoSagePosted 5/6/2013 6:22:52 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

Even in the air the fire has ridiculous amount of startup, if you start it up from a safe enough distance to where you can't get hit in the air, chances are they aren't going to walk into it anyway.

Only reason I say FP bombs are useless is because using it means you can't shoot a fireball, and fireballs are slow moving, insanely big, and hit when somebody touches them. Using a fireball and walking into it will cover you because if you start getting combo'd the fireball saves you. Bomb has a small radius and only goes off when the timer ends so its more or less lucky if somebody gets hit by one, because they get 2-3 seconds to avoid it. FP is all about pressuring people and the reward for even managing to hit with it doesn't compare to what you can get from using a soldier or fireball.

Um the move also grants him with hang-time that keeps him in the air rather then him coming down while using the move like peoples mines for example so it's a good move to dodge supers as well. Also most of the time your opponent would be ready to counter you as you land. IIRC Sir Dan might be able to automatically block as he lands making it not that bad of a move. Also the move obviously isn't meant to be used at any moment in battle. You're suppose to use it in special ways. His fire move have multiple ways of being used in useful ways.

As for FP like I said the bomb has other uses. It's best used as a decoy or some type of defensive matter. I've seen a lot put it to good use. It's definitely one of her weaker moves, but i'm just saying it has other uses that make it a little effective.
---