My opinion on Jak's Alterations

#11SelitePosted 5/7/2013 10:46:36 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Selite posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Selite posted...
Staying true to character is one of the reasons I really enjoy PSABR.

However I feel Superbot really failed on this with Jak (stupid ReiRei >.<)

his playstyle is fun but theres lots of little bits too different from his origins that annoy me.

I like your ideas.

Of course they failed. Majority of the hardcore Jak fanbase made their presence known quite a few times on youtube and the forums. They even showed proof on how they messed on in quite a few fields.

I love your comment. But yo go through Jak 3 real fast then come back to all-stars and just see for yourself exactly how bad it is. I just noticed that they got his base speed and movement speed wrong from his games :( He's sluggish as hell!

I mean I enjoy the playstyle but I know it doesn't relate to Jak.

Rei Rei went overboard with Jak's moves pre-release and then they overdid it on the nerfs, I've seen so many better and more balanced user movesets.

Only played Jak and Daxter TPL on the trilogy so far (8 hour plat based on memory from 10 years ago, pretty proud :D) saving the other two for when I have time to do them all in one session definitely looking forward to 3 again and probably won't ever be playing PSABR after that.

Playstyle is predictable and easy to counter. Everytime I pick a sub it's easy to fight a Jak. You must play Jak 3. Everyone knows about the overnerf and you're right about better movesets. Like at Ratchet and Emmett.

I still like it, against other casuals online I have fun.

I will play it eventually!

It wasn't just the overnerf but also I remember a quote from Seth talking about Rei developing Jak and Ratchet something like "i don't care what you want, I wanna make them crazy". They should have had more help/control from each individual studio imo.
---
I will live forever or die trying.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#12LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:17:29 PM(edited)
RoyalShine posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Actually the Super Nova was his best weapon. Pick up the HD Collection. I want you to see how SB "nailed" his gameplay and gun mods in all-stars.

And yes it is stupid actually. Purple mods was the strongest eco and mods in the series, but in all-stars it is represented as the weakest. Both Mass Inverter & Peace maker grant Jak with 5 AP. Seems a little old especially with they're already nerfed aspects.

I know! I couldn't agree more. The Peace Maker and Mass Inverter should both be buffed to at least give as much AP as his other weapons, if not more.

This topic just makes me realize how badly Jak needs to be buffed. He has so many weak areas and I'm sure he'd be such a fun character if he was as good as a lot of other characters.

Well as much as I would love the purple mods to look their best in this game. It's really no point. Besides the Peace maker buff I listed, the Mass Inverter could also use 5 more AP. I mean since Jak can only do 2 combo's that grant him reasonable AP, 5 AP buff wouldn't hurt. With 5 AP added the most AP Jak can get off a combo would be 45 AP.

Yes. He has many weak areas. His playstyle isn't even safe. There's certain moves you can't use against skilled players. In high level battles more then half of his moveset becomes useless. I wanted to buff his Level 1, but I don't know.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#13LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:10:06 PM
Selite posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Selite posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Selite posted...
Staying true to character is one of the reasons I really enjoy PSABR.

However I feel Superbot really failed on this with Jak (stupid ReiRei >.<)

his playstyle is fun but theres lots of little bits too different from his origins that annoy me.

I like your ideas.

Of course they failed. Majority of the hardcore Jak fanbase made their presence known quite a few times on youtube and the forums. They even showed proof on how they messed on in quite a few fields.

I love your comment. But yo go through Jak 3 real fast then come back to all-stars and just see for yourself exactly how bad it is. I just noticed that they got his base speed and movement speed wrong from his games :( He's sluggish as hell!

I mean I enjoy the playstyle but I know it doesn't relate to Jak.

Rei Rei went overboard with Jak's moves pre-release and then they overdid it on the nerfs, I've seen so many better and more balanced user movesets.

Only played Jak and Daxter TPL on the trilogy so far (8 hour plat based on memory from 10 years ago, pretty proud :D) saving the other two for when I have time to do them all in one session definitely looking forward to 3 again and probably won't ever be playing PSABR after that.

Playstyle is predictable and easy to counter. Everytime I pick a sub it's easy to fight a Jak. You must play Jak 3. Everyone knows about the overnerf and you're right about better movesets. Like at Ratchet and Emmett.

I still like it, against other casuals online I have fun.

I will play it eventually!

It wasn't just the overnerf but also I remember a quote from Seth talking about Rei developing Jak and Ratchet something like "i don't care what you want, I wanna make them crazy". They should have had more help/control from each individual studio imo.

I mean seriously how can you make Ratchet, Sly and Drake top tier, but not Jak? Jak is the strongest out of the bunch. They have some hate towards Jak and like I said it shows. There are areas that literally look like it was done in a couple of mins. I mean how is ALL OTHER shooter base characters great but Jak? Jak has the shortest ranged projectiles in the game. Don't you find that funny? Even Sweet Tooth, Toro, nariko, etc etc etc have longer ranged tools then Jak. Jak is a joke.
---
#14LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 2:11:41 AM(edited)
Additional buff:

Jet-board: Jet-repulsor ability added to Jet-board. Jak's jet-board on command will allow the jet-board to use the repulsor, which grants 10 AP. This secondary ability can only hit opponents beneath the jet-board layer (from direct contact) and from either side (that has range). If an opponent tries to use an (physical) attack from below Jak while on the jet-board while the repulsor is in effect, the ability will negate the attack (depending on the power) and cause a hard-knock down. If any opponents attack from either side while the repulsor is in effect, the opponent will be sent flying in a *short distance*.

- Most projectiles will be nullified (NOT REFLECTED BACK) depending on the power.
---