The past 5 FFA Stock matches, using Nariko...

#1DreoreSilerePosted 5/7/2013 7:58:43 PM(edited)
I am the last one standing, it's me (999 Nariko) with another character. Both of us have one life left. I've played the past 5 matches with characters who can kill confirm into their level 1s. It's very annoying, to say the least. Here are some more of my experiences playing Nariko, last stand.

Against a Sackboy: Buttdrops me with jetpack, kills me with LVL 1

Evil Cole: Giga-punches me, kills me with LVL 1

Raiden: Does anything to me, kills me with LVL 1.

Kratos: Spams Helios' gaze at me, kills me with LVL 1

Cole: Persists on spamming his freeze until he finally freezes me, kills me with LVL 1

Fat Princess: Juggles me in the air with wand, kills me with LVL 1

Sweet Tooth: Jumps and strikes me with machete, kills me with LVL 1

Kat: Throws Debris at me, slides and kicks me, kills me with LVL 1

Heihachi: Lag confirms with with simple forward punch, kills me with LVL 1

Ratchet: Spams suck cannon until FINALLY he sucks me up, backs me into a corner, kills me with LVL 1

PaRappa: Punches me, kills me with LVL 1

Dante: Puts me in an empty cancel loop, kills me with LVL 1

Toro: Jumps in the air, does a head tap with his stupid kitty head, kills me with LVL 1

I am not angy that I'm a scrub (I'm not a scrub). I'm angy that I could have killed them with any other character with a LVL 1 kill confirm.

And yes, I HAVE trapped people who tech down or don't know how to dodge her shock to a debris sweep. That's satisfying, but the butthurt that comes from not having kill confirms is just as dissatisfying.

=/

Anyone have the same trouble when they play her?
---
I should go.
#2fulcar95Posted 5/7/2013 8:10:25 PM
Yep, she's my main, definitely have to try a lot harder with her than most other characters to win. All her moves have long cooldowns, so she is always vulnerable, and very punishable on block. They nerfed her harshly in the big patch, so she lost her only HC with air up circle, more than half her air combos because of air down triangle nerf, and her lvl 3 is slightly worse now too. Lvl 2 was her only buff, and it's a good buff, but it doesn't outweigh the negatives at all, while Kratos, Raiden, and Kat were practically untouched. The creators really hate her :(
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#3LightEcoSagePosted 5/7/2013 8:16:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4ChaosCreativityPosted 5/7/2013 8:20:14 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
Raiden: Does anything to me, kills me with LVL

Lol, so true
#5TheConduitGenePosted 5/7/2013 8:25:41 PM
ChaosCreativity posted...
DreoreSilere posted...
Raiden: Does anything to me, kills me with LVL

Lol, so true

The unfortunate truth /:
---
"Outside, things were bad. But inside - inside me - something was...beginning."
-Cole Macgrath
#6Sabkoy24Posted 5/7/2013 8:26:25 PM
What's ur PSN anyways??
---
RamenKing24
lol bestbuy helpeing me make this account BOOYAH
#7fulcar95Posted 5/7/2013 8:41:28 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
fulcar95 posted...
Yep, she's my main, definitely have to try a lot harder with her than most other characters to win. All her moves have long cooldowns, so she is always vulnerable, and very punishable on block. They nerfed her harshly in the big patch, so she lost her only HC with air up circle, more than half her air combos because of air down triangle nerf, and her lvl 3 is slightly worse now too. Lvl 2 was her only buff, and it's a good buff, but it doesn't outweigh the negatives at all, while Kratos, Raiden, and Kat were practically untouched. The creators really hate her :(

You exaggerated on somethings -_- I've actually been maining her for some random reason. ALL of her moves do not have long cool down. She is still safe on some moves and is a pretty fast character moving wise. Her counter is also pretty powerful. It's almost exactly as good as Sly's counter pre-patch. Jak is actually the character all these gameplay aspects apply to.

In addition she still has plenty of 1 hitter moves into that annoying long combo -_-

She has 5 combo start ups into an AP burst, but air down triangle is her most reliable one because the other 4 have pretty long cooldowns. (Coles and Dantes who block often always punish me when I do the other 4). Her combos are extremely long, and using circle leaves you wide open for the other two players to either interrupt or kill both of you with any super. But yes I know Jak is worse and suffered from the patch too. I'm just explaining her disadvantages that worsened her chances against all those with HC's.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#8DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:59:24 PM(edited)
fulcar95 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
fulcar95 posted...

You exaggerated on somethings -_- I've actually been maining her for some random reason. ALL of her moves do not have long cool down. She is still safe on some moves and is a pretty fast character moving wise. Her counter is also pretty powerful. It's almost exactly as good as Sly's counter pre-patch. Jak is actually the character all these gameplay aspects apply to.

In addition she still has plenty of 1 hitter moves into that annoying long combo -_-

She has 5 combo start ups into an AP burst, but air down triangle is her most reliable one because the other 4 have pretty long cooldowns. (Coles and Dantes who block often always punish me when I do the other 4). Her combos are extremely long, and using circle leaves you wide open for the other two players to either interrupt or kill both of you with any super. But yes I know Jak is worse and suffered from the patch too. I'm just explaining her disadvantages that worsened her chances against all those with HC's.

I agree with you. I also mainly use Air Down / \ too because it's safe. Down [ ] is also pretty safe as well, but I always end up accidentally continuing her Down [ ] string instead of following of with ( ). Down ( ) is for people who spam dodge rolls. Ground Down / \ almost never connects with ( ).

But she would also have way more AP burst potential (in fact, I think she has the most AP burst potential of any character besides Kat) if her [ ] moves didn't have a pause in between them. Namely, Neutral [ ] and Forward [ ]. All of her [ ] strings after the key pose, except Down [ ], can lead to an AP burst. It's too bad they are all easily blockable by any average player.

The only mileage I get out of a [ ] move is Neutral [ ], [ ], [ ], Jump, Air Up / \, and then wait to see how the opponent tries to dodge. I use this as tip for myself in the match to see if they'll fall for Neutral ( ), Forward / \, LVL 1 (very similar to how Sir Dan plays with Up [ ], Up / \, LVL 1).
---
I should go.
#9ZavalsBizPosted 5/7/2013 9:22:14 PM
Unfortunately there aren't that many good Nariko players. It brings me joy to run into a Nariko player. So far only a guy called iKillerbee mains Nariko and is pretty good with her.
#10LightEcoSagePosted 5/7/2013 9:25:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]