Buff List

#41boy_luckPosted 5/8/2013 12:48:21 PM
Spike needs buffs ASAP. All his supers are just terrrible and building AP fast simply just doesn't make up for the terrible super set. He has a slow lvl1 that hitconfirms off the most ridiculous setups, his lvl2 is among the worst in the game (prolly just as awful as Sweet Tooth's) and the lvl3 is a screen clear, so nuff' said there.

Superbot butchered him (along with Nariko) to oblivion.

Also, why is FP on that list? She has like a million hitconfirms, great, easy AP bursts and, tbh, the minion nerf did nothing. If anything, it improved her game because she has new setups. Her lvl3 wasn't improved that much, but it definitely nets more kills now, especially in smaller stages. She definitely doesn't belong on that list.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#42red_latias77Posted 5/8/2013 1:12:33 PM
1. Toro
2. Jak
3. Nariko

In that order, in order of how restricted I feel when using them... Toro pretty much has nothing going for him. He doesn't have any reliable ways to confirm into his level 1 (aside from the headbutt, which has bad range and is punishable) and even though his AP gain/moveset aren't too bad, his terrible supers mean that gaining too much AP (and getting level 2) isn't a good thing. If he gets too much meter, he has to get to level 3 and waste 600AP on a screen clear.

Jak has way too much recovery on his moves and overrated mobility (just look at Kat/the Coles...) His supers aren't too bad though, his level 1's one of the better raw supers, his level 2 has confirms and his 3 can multikill. Nariko has better AP gain/combos than Jak but with worse supers. She was fine prepatch, imo.

Radec needs changes too, but I feel like his problems are because his playstyle is meant for FFA. His moves are meant for crowd control (and are punishable outside of that), his level 1 is too, and up close the best thing he can do is grab. He can't do much in the air, so he's terrible in 1v1 and not so good in 2v2. Not sure how to buff him tbh.

As for others... maybe Sir Dan, but I think all he needs is a better level 1. SSM should let him aim it in front of him for a while to see if it makes him OP/too braindead. Spike's pretty weak too, but I'm not sure how I'd improve him outside of more kill confirms.
---
PSASBR: Toro, Radec, Fat Princess.
#43TerraponPosted 5/8/2013 1:46:35 PM
I think Toro and Nariko need it more than most. I would love to use them if they were a viable option. I mean I used G. Cole yesterday against another G. Cole user(my friends who mains him and has him at 999) and I beat him so easily.
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#44LightEcoSagePosted 5/8/2013 2:31:11 PM
red_latias77 posted...
1. Toro
2. Jak
3. Nariko

In that order, in order of how restricted I feel when using them... Toro pretty much has nothing going for him. He doesn't have any reliable ways to confirm into his level 1 (aside from the headbutt, which has bad range and is punishable) and even though his AP gain/moveset aren't too bad, his terrible supers mean that gaining too much AP (and getting level 2) isn't a good thing. If he gets too much meter, he has to get to level 3 and waste 600AP on a screen clear.

Jak has way too much recovery on his moves and overrated mobility (just look at Kat/the Coles...) His supers aren't too bad though, his level 1's one of the better raw supers, his level 2 has confirms and his 3 can multikill. Nariko has better AP gain/combos than Jak but with worse supers. She was fine prepatch, imo.

Radec needs changes too, but I feel like his problems are because his playstyle is meant for FFA. His moves are meant for crowd control (and are punishable outside of that), his level 1 is too, and up close the best thing he can do is grab. He can't do much in the air, so he's terrible in 1v1 and not so good in 2v2. Not sure how to buff him tbh.

As for others... maybe Sir Dan, but I think all he needs is a better level 1. SSM should let him aim it in front of him for a while to see if it makes him OP/too braindead. Spike's pretty weak too, but I'm not sure how I'd improve him outside of more kill confirms.

Toro has 1 other HC actually. Timing is just tight. Ask RamenKing. His knowledge on Toro is pretty good. Toro has some setups for his Level 2 as well you just have to find it and air dodging his level 2 is actually pretty hard especially in corners. But yeah besides his great AP gain he's not that well of a "killing character," but his shortness and speed gives him advantages over a lot of things that some normal characters can't deal with.

Exactly can't stress the recovery on his moves and overrated mobility as I've been saying since day 1.

Radec is good in 2v2, just not 1v1. He needs a few buffs, but not as many as people say.

I am telling you this as a fact Sir Dan Level 1 is fine now. The changes they do to it is noticeable in the hands of a Sir Dan who knows how to use it. Dodging it in it's current state is extremely difficult just like ST's buffed Lvl 2. Simple air teching and down teching does not do the job anymore especially with the additional duration. It already goes higher then Jak's Level 1 and has the ability to be aimed and in addition has setups and angle advantages. From what I noticed his super is also actually slightly faster then Jak's. So if anything Jak's level 1 should be buffed to be up to par to his.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#45fulcar95(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 11:23:01 PM
crash-b-fan23 posted...
Notice you didn't include sackboy on either list even though he is in dire need of a buff

I know he got nerfed a lot, but his lvl 3 still gets 5-6 kills, he has a lvl 1 HC, and his lvl 2 never misses unless you're an idiot. You can still spam with him, he does have AP building combos, and he can avoid a lot of supers with that respawing checkpoint thing. That (as well as the 10 options limit per poll) is why I sat him out of both lists, as well as Emmett, Ratchet, and Parappa, since all 4 are a bit more balanced than the other characters, not overpowered or underpowered.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#46Sabkoy24Posted 5/8/2013 11:50:49 PM
umm where's sabkoy -_ -
---
RamenKing24
as sabkoy once said "Ramen, you are the Greatest of Spammers!"
#47DireProphecyPosted 5/9/2013 2:13:28 PM
Toro is the worst character. Just look at his supers.
#48fulcar95(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:48:02 PM
DireProphecy posted...
Toro is the worst character. Just look at his supers.

He still has several burst combos, a few lvl 1 HCs, plus his lvl 2 has the same hitbox as Kratos's except it's diagonal. I used to see really good Toro's, but not anymore.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."