My opinion on "The Sack" Alterations

#1ChimcharwhoohooPosted 5/8/2013 8:06:14 AM
GLITCHES

- While using the checkpoint, on the opposing screen, the checkpoint is sometimes not visible. Utilizing a trick to force it though, its quite abusable. Unfortunately, Crash isn't sharing how to do it.

- Sackboy is able to teleport out of Zeus's level 3.

- Sackboys level 2 can be placed underneath the map at Graveyard

- Down Square is capable of reflecting Sir Dans level 2

BUFFS/NERFS

- Neutral Square chain has its recovery reduced by 5 frames. AP Altered from 25 -> 30

- Up Square will now correctly hit opponents consistently, instead of randomly whiffing by shooting straight up.

- Down Square is no longer able to reflect Sir Dans level 2

- Side Square now causes a bounce reaction on a grounded opponent, allowing combo followups, but not enough to make it a confirm.

- Neutral Triangle has start up time reduced by 10 frames. AP altered from 20 -> 15

- Neutral Circle has recovery reduced by 7 frames. Destroying the Cake now gives the person 10 AP that destroyed it

- Level 2 Cost altered from 325 -> 350

- Bubble speed of level 3 is moderately reduced, and the super is now incapable of spawning items. Attacking someone in a bubble yields a 50 AP loss for that person (stackable effect) instead of an entire super bar. Upon completion of the super, invinciibility frames are normal to prevent a free Level 1 kill followup.

Hopefully this balances him correctly, putting a stronger emphasis on Close combat while still maintaining camping ability should boost his overall AP gain.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#2Ginta2468Posted 5/8/2013 8:44:11 AM
The invisible teleporter should not exist, thus it makes sense on why not to reveal how to do it. All the glitches need to be removed though, like paring an electric pad with fan then throwing projectile would make it dissapear.

Overall, I like these changes, losing the no invincibilty on level 3 can be annyoing but I see why it is needed.

I would add that spinning slap (air square) should get a bit less recovery and air side triangle should be jump cancelable on block. On whiff it would remain the same.
---
Lizardheart is a scrub
#3crash-b-fan23Posted 5/8/2013 10:59:02 AM
He has 0% chance of being nerfed again and the glitches, like I said, are so weird, an uncommon that they won't be fixed. There's also a lot of broken tech with a certain move that lets him escape grabs, interrupt combos and/or supers.

But stop trying to nerf the little doll.
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
First Sackboy to black belt in the May season.
#4I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/8/2013 11:10:53 AM
Nerf Sackboy again please.
---
I'm handsome.
#5Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 11:27:58 AM
crash-b-fan23 posted...
He has 0% chance of being nerfed again and the glitches, like I said, are so weird, an uncommon that they won't be fixed. There's also a lot of broken tech with a certain move that lets him escape grabs, interrupt combos and/or supers.

Are you kidding me? theres a few MASSIVE buffs in that list. Namely the Side Square. It will literally open up an ap burst. Additional 5 AP on Slap Happy and more consistency on Up Square? Grabinator, [] [] ^[] >/\ O Very simple, very quick 145 AP burst. And you can do some crazy stuff too like setting a bouncepad or shockpad.

His level 3's BUBBLE SPEED REDUCED. isnt that you always wanted? Well, here it is. Sure you lose the items, but that means more AP bubbles. Free kill afterwards? thats being removed for fairness since when I do Drake, that same thing is being removed.
In addition, sure they dont lose an entire super bar now when attacked. But now, instead of it only being when they are near level 3 where it occurs, it now happens ALWAYS, and the effect is stackable, so multi-hitting attacks? would devastate someones AP level.

Jelly, trading 5 AP for a lot faster start up time, that sounds very fair to me.

As for the Cake, I'm giving it a pretty substantial recovery buff, while giving it the property it should have had in the first place.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#6crash-b-fan23Posted 5/8/2013 12:05:36 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
crash-b-fan23 posted...

Are you kidding me? theres a few MASSIVE buffs in that list. Namely the Side Square. It will literally open up an ap burst. Additional 5 AP on Slap Happy and more consistency on Up Square? Grabinator, [] [] ^[] >/\ O Very simple, very quick 145 AP burst. And you can do some crazy stuff too like setting a bouncepad or shockpad.

His level 3's BUBBLE SPEED REDUCED. isnt that you always wanted? Well, here it is. Sure you lose the items, but that means more AP bubbles. Free kill afterwards? thats being removed for fairness since when I do Drake, that same thing is being removed.
In addition, sure they dont lose an entire super bar now when attacked. But now, instead of it only being when they are near level 3 where it occurs, it now happens ALWAYS, and the effect is stackable, so multi-hitting attacks? would devastate someones AP level.

Jelly, trading 5 AP for a lot faster start up time, that sounds very fair to me.

As for the Cake, I'm giving it a pretty substantial recovery buff, while giving it the property it should have had in the first place.

Side square is fine as it stands. Any hard knockdown move confirms into level 2.
Nah jelly is great where it's add. 10 frames would be too much it would be entirely too quick and people would complain. The respawn glitch should be fixed yea.

The REAL problem is his teleport is too slow, it needs a buff
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
First Sackboy to black belt in the May season.
#7DavidgraymanPosted 5/8/2013 2:04:15 PM
IMO the opponent should be able to pop bubbles as well
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin