Jecht(Final Fantasy X) moveset

#1MetroidMewtwoPosted 5/8/2013 4:45:31 PM
My brain kind of burned out on his Taunts and all but one of his Intros and Outtros, so just bear with me.

Constructive criticism is welcome, as are ideas to fill in the aforementioned parts.
---
Default Costume: Casual Clothes(Jecht as he normally looks in FFX).
1st Alt: Aeon Armor(His Default look from the Dissidia series).
2nd Alt: Zanarkand Abes Uni.(Alt 2 from Dissidia Duodecim).

Playstyle: Combo-centric Melee style; much like Dissidia, Jecht can perform mad combos, since he is able to cancel most any of his moves into other moves(or even themselves, up to two times) up to 5 times. Also much like Dissidia, these combos require Just Frame-timing to pull off(... Though I'm too lazy to note the exact parts where you input to cancel a move into another).
Special Actions: None.

Moveset:
Neutral Square: Jecht Attack[1, 2, 3, 4]. On the ground, Jecht gives a swift hook with his free hand, a punch with his sword-holding hand, thrusts his leg forward for a kick(all 5 AP), then finishes with a headbutt that sends the enemy into a Roll(15 AP). In the air, Jecht punts his legs forward one after the other for 3 kicks(5 AP apiece) before ending with a straight punch with his free hand(15 AP); the first kick has a VERY-limited tracking effect, bringing Jecht slightly closer to the nearest enemy before attacking.
Side Square: Jecht Rush/Jecht Stream. On the ground, Jecht quickly rushes forward a good distance, shoulder-checking the enemy(15 AP). In the air, Jecht flies forward an equal distance to Jecht Rush, going all Psycho Crusher and damaging the enemy directly in front of him with a multi-hitting attack(20 AP total).
Up Square: Jecht Rising. Jecht performs a series of two kicks while rising up in the air(10 AP apiece).
Down Square: Jecht Fing-I mean, "Triumphant Grasp"*. Jecht makes for a grab directly in front of him with his free hand(animation is specifically different from a Throw, plus it's blockable); if he connects with an enemy, he'll crush them in his grip(15 AP) and emit an explosion from his hand, sending them flying forward. Air version is similar, except Jecht goes diving down(either diagonal left/right or straight down) in order to grab.

*=Triumphant Grasp is the English name, and the Japanese name is "Jecht Finger". Jecht Finger's the better name since it has "Jecht" in its name like all of Jecht's other attacks...

Neutral Triangle: Jecht Blade[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]. Jecht charges forward, making five frenzied swings with his sword(5 AP apiece), before ending with a high-knockback swing(15 AP).
Side Triangle: Jecht Spin. Jecht goes flying forward at high speed, rapidly swinging his sword counter-clockwise(normal-clockwise if he's facing the left) for a multi-hitting attack(20 AP total).
Up Triangle: Jecht Toss/Jecht Cleave. On the ground, Jecht hurls his sword above him, which then travels a short distance before turning back to Jecht, dealing a multi-hitting attack to any enemies in the way the whole time through(3 AP per hit). In the air, Jecht makes a quick swing above himself with his sword(15 AP), also getting a small gain in altitude as he does so.
Down Triangle: Jecht Swing/Jecht Bash[1, 2, 3]. On the ground, Jecht swings his sword tip-first down in front of him, dealing a Groundbounce on the enemy if it connects(15 AP). In the air, Jecht bashes the enemy(ies) in front of him twice with his sword, before delivering an even greater bash that lowers Jecht's altitude and inflicts Hard Knockdown on the enemy(10 AP apiece).
---
My shortened name is MM.
It's not that I have a bad sense of direction, I'm just interested in all directions.~Laguna Loire
#2MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 4:48:06 PM
Neutral Circle: Jecht Block. Jecht does a swift backhand capable of knocking enemies away as hard as the Fish item can(5 AP). Further, despite the low damage, it has very high priority versus other attacks, enabling him to deflect projectiles or negate an enemy attack... Though it requires strict timing to deflect an attack with this move.
Side Circle: Jecht Blitz. Jecht winds up before throwing a Blitzball at high speed(10 AP). Can be aimed up or down to a limited degree prior to throwing, and bounces off of walls/floors, similar to Nariko's discus.
Up Circle: Jecht Shot. Jecht spins upward slightly(similar to Jecht Stream, except Jecht's head is facing the foreground[or background] instead of forward) before kicking a Blitzball at the nearest enemy(10 AP). Can be charged to increase the power of the shot as well as its speed(up to 30 AP).
Down Circle: Jecht Quake/Jecht Stomp. On the ground, Jecht stomps the ground, causing the earth immediately around him to shake, knocking enemies up into the air(15 AP). In the air, Jecht suddenly plummets straight down, and if he connects with an enemy, he'll bounce off of them Mario-style as they get booted straight down into a Groundbounce(10 AP).

Throw: Jecht Punch. Jecht does a swift 1-2 punch to the enemy before giving them a strong Straight punch right to the face, sending them flying forward.
Up-throw: Jecht Swing. Jecht stabs the enemy with his sword, then swings them around once before hurling them straight upward.
Down-throw: Jecht Tackle. Jecht gutchecks the enemy, then grabs them by the torso to swing and slam them into the ground behind him.

Super lvl 1: Jecht Beam. Jecht suddenly unleashes a short-range beam that explodes into a sphere of energy. Relatively quick startup.

Super lvl 2: Ultimate Jecht Shot. Jecht summons a giant Meteor from above, which falls down on top of him... Only for him to stop it WITH HIS BARE HANDS, before leaping upwards with it and throwing it down at the ground in front of him, whereupon it explodes; holding down R2 will temporarily keep Jecht on the ground upon catching the Meteor, which will have a firey aura during said pause, the pause allowing Jecht to turn around and throw in the opposite direction. Even without the pause, the whole animation is lengthy, which works because this Super has active frames out the ass(Meteor can kill on contact the entire time it's out... And the explosion from it being thrown can kill, too, of course)... Although there's no hurtbox around Jecht, allowing for a swift counterattack if he chooses to pause after catching the meteor.
---
My shortened name is MM.
It's not that I have a bad sense of direction, I'm just interested in all directions.~Laguna Loire
#3MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 4:52:58 PM(edited)
Super lvl 3: Jecht the King of Blitz. Similar to Zeus' level 3, this Super transports the opponents to another area(Dream's End, which is also the stage used for FFX in Dissidia) where Jecht leaps backwards into the background, off of the main platform, and comes back up as "Braska's Final Aeon". For the next few moments, Jecht's moveset changes to the following attacks, which have lengthy startups but are aimable;
Square: Jecht performs a horizontal swing with his massive sword; you can aim the vertical trajectory in which the sword will be swung.
Triangle: Jecht thrusts his claw/free hand forward, crushing whatever he grabs(whether it's an enemy, the environment or even thin air) with Jecht Finger/Triumphant Grasp to generate an explosion that can kill nearby enemies.
Circle: Jecht unleashes a Jecht Beam, which lasts longer than the lvl1-version and can be swept about the screen slowly.
R2: Jecht's form suddenly leaps away as a Meteor appears, upon which he crashes into with such force that it fractures; finally, Jecht kicks the Meteor hard enough to break it apart completely, sending a barrage of debris crashing about the stage. Similar to Emmett's lvl3 in that the Super ends immediately if this is used, but it has the best chances of landing a kill out of ALL his lvl3 attacks.
lvl3 Theme: Otherworld(what the hell else would it be?!).

Taunts:

Intros:
1. Jecht just walks onscreen from the side and works the kinks out of his sword-arm's shoulder with his free hand.

Outtros:

Victory Themes:
1. Jecht Wins(the beginning-part of the famous Final Fantasy Victory theme... Or rather, the beginning-part of the FF victory theme used for the Chaos characters in Dissidia).
2. Jecht's Victorious(based on Otherworld, with a little bit of the Hymn of the Faith mixed in).
---

And that's about it. Constructively criticize away, please. Also, as some might guess, this is mostly based off of Jecht's playable appearance in Dissidia, so you can look up gameplay of him for visual reference of most of these attacks(Neutral Square attacks are based on a combo with incorrect timing).
---
My shortened name is MM.
#4MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:56:48 PM
... Bump...
---
My shortened name is MM.
#5geneocidePosted 5/10/2013 7:59:35 PM
......... COME ON! COME ON! COME ON! ONE MORE!!!!!
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#6TerraponPosted 5/10/2013 8:00:14 PM
I despise him the dissidea series... His freaking touch of death combos...
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#7DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/10/2013 8:11:40 PM
I just want to say I love Dissidia, but anyway I have to say that moveset is incredible. Makes me wish Jecht was in.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#8boy_luckPosted 5/10/2013 9:34:14 PM
Awesome moveset, but his lvl2 sounds ridiculously OP. It SHOULD have a hurtbox, like every single lvl2 in the game.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#9RoyalShinePosted 5/10/2013 11:29:37 PM
Pretty sweet. I always appreciate people who have the time and creativity to make these things.

However, I still think that Tidus should be the rep (if it's from FFX that is). We should get main protagonists from games instead of side characters.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
"HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" - Heihachi
#10MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 5:59:28 PM
boy_luck posted...
Awesome moveset, but his lvl2 sounds ridiculously OP. It SHOULD have a hurtbox, like every single lvl2 in the game.

I was mistaken; I meant Jecht can still be hit with a Counter-Super if he pauses too long or frequently(though that goes without saying), I just worded it wrong. Sorry...
---
My shortened name is MM.