Why does it seem like everyone is using Raiden now?

#21LightEcoSagePosted 5/11/2013 1:23:35 AM(edited)
PyroSpark posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
DreoreSilere posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
DreoreSilere posted...

I'd be fine with it if only they changed the grabs of other characters as well and allow everyone at least one grab that can be comboed off of. Not to be freaky about Nariko again, but, she could, for example, have the throw distance from her up throw be shortened so she could follow up with an Air Up / \ and possible a ( ), Air [ ], [ ], [ ]. She really can't do anything against blocking opponents especially with her stupid disconnecting [ ] moves.

No this will not be fine if other characters had it. Raiden's should just not have the ability period. Applying such moves/potential to other characters doesn't make the cast/gameplay fair or balanced. It actually makes the gameplay more broken, because not only will we now have to worry about "multiple characters" having a cheap ToD or KC, but the rest of the cast who doesn't have this aspect will not have to worry about the other "multiple characters" who do have it.

Right....so you want a whole match to go on even longer because people can abuse block and dodge.

As I said.. this "ONLY" should apply to KC's and ToD's. Combo's are fine. Like for example. Raiden can use counter and get an AP burst off of it, but ToDs and HC's off counters should be disabled -_-

Sure. But if you take away Raiden's grab HC, you need to make his air moves safe again. Because once you take away his grab HC, he wouldn't have anyway to force someone to stop blocking. That was compensated pre-patch by him being safe.

Ok and? He is a top tier character. He shouldn't need it. His speed alone should compensate for this. In addition other characters have to deal with the fact they don't have KC's off grabs, so why should Raiden receive one after getting one taken away, because he "debuted" with one that was taken away? You're saying that since Raiden can't KC blocking opponents he deserves to have a grab into a KC. Why can't his high tier ass rely on other moves or his other "multiple" KC's? You do realize that by him having the "most and multiple" KC's in the game does actually compensate already? Remember Raiden can still grab, so if Raiden was going against a blocker he can still "irritate/punish" the person with grabs. It's not like Raiden can't do anything about blockers. There's a difference here between being able to grab someone and punish them and being able to grab someone for a HC/ToD.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#22LightEcoSagePosted 5/11/2013 1:20:56 AM
DreoreSilere posted...
PyroSpark posted...
Sure. But if you take away Raiden's grab HC, you need to make his air moves safe again. Because once you take away his grab HC, he wouldn't have anyway to force someone to stop blocking. That was compensated pre-patch by him being safe.

Which is why I'm saying it would be better if they had done that for every character!

Damn I just realized you said "everyone" in your other post. Well anyway my point is its obvious that they aren't only going to allow every character to have one. With that said the only other fair option would be to take some away from characters. Btw i'm talking about grabs. If any characters have grab confirms, which I know some do then they need to be taken away because the other characters in the cast don't have one. HC's off moves are "understandable" and "somewhat" fair, because you can block, but since grabs can't be blocked and since some other characters don't have it all characters with "grab confirms" need to be taken away. Again counters and move KC are fine because you can block them just not grab confirms.
---
#23DreoreSilerePosted 5/11/2013 1:41:03 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
DreoreSilere posted...
PyroSpark posted...

Which is why I'm saying it would be better if they had done that for every character!

Damn I just realized you said "everyone" in your other post. Well anyway my point is its obvious that they aren't only going to allow every character to have one. With that said the only other fair option would be to take some away from characters. Btw i'm talking about grabs. If any characters have grab confirms, which I know some do then they need to be taken away because the other characters in the cast don't have one. HC's off moves are "understandable" and "somewhat" fair, because you can block, but since grabs can't be blocked and since some other characters don't have it all characters with "grab confirms" need to be taken away. Again counters and move KC are fine because you can block them just not grab confirms.

Whatever you say, I agree with you. I was just in a match, again, where I was the last one standing in a FFA. It was me, Nariko, and Raiden. I couldn't block, lest he spam his down-throw into a combo. There was almost nothing I could do that couldn't be punished easily. It's even worse when we both had less than a level 1 and I couldn't even build good meter because he was blocking the entire match. Yet he's able to build meter by comboing from a down-throw. How fair is that? Add to that Nariko doesn't have a level 1 kill confirm or a throw combo so she can't get any mileage from throws (lol me and my complaining self)! *smh*

I wouldn't mind them giving every character a grab combo though.
---
I should go.
#24LightEcoSagePosted 5/11/2013 2:29:33 AM(edited)
DreoreSilere posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
DreoreSilere posted...
PyroSpark posted...

Whatever you say, I agree with you. I was just in a match, again, where I was the last one standing in a FFA. It was me, Nariko, and Raiden. I couldn't block, lest he spam his down-throw into a combo. There was almost nothing I could do that couldn't be punished easily. It's even worse when we both had less than a level 1 and I couldn't even build good meter because he was blocking the entire match. Yet he's able to build meter by comboing from a down-throw. How fair is that? Add to that Nariko doesn't have a level 1 kill confirm or a throw combo so she can't get any mileage from throws (lol me and my complaining self)! *smh*

I wouldn't mind them giving every character a grab combo though.

See. That's also partly what i'm talking about. From Raiden's perspective he can just block all day and grab spam you for easy AP burst and HC. Since some can't do exactly what he can do others are at a disadvantage even if that player has the match up advantage, which LOL to.

Nariko actually has 1 KC to my knowledge, "but" it requires a wall. LunarReaper knows which one i'm talking about because he does it. It's not impractical either, it just requires a wall. Nariko to my knowledge also actually has a wall bounce combo off a grab. Side grab towards a wall from a distance into up triangle then side square jump then air side square :) I did it when I was training with her. It looked like it had the potential to be mixed up with other stuff, but that... I wouldn't know because I didn't spend that much time with her to learn mix ups. I'm warning you though it takes a lot of skill and time to master it. My knowledge is underrated :/ Now sadly Jak on the other hand has no reliable combo's off a grab. He has one "impractical setup" combo, but it requires a wall "directly" next to him and a person "not" down teching. If the person down techs (and isn't pressed against the wall), which is why it's impractical then Jak can't do it.
---