My Highly Educated opinion on Heihachi Matchups

#1ChimcharwhoohooPosted 5/12/2013 8:59:35 AM
First of all, what is a matchup?
A matchup is a technical term used by higher level players in determining Tiers, and how characters fare against each other. Matchups assume equal skill or very similar skill. These matchups do not apply when there is a very very distinct gap between the players.

Format:
x:y
out of 10 matches: X= Expected number of matches a player will win (in this case Heihachi). Y = The opponent.

Kat: 0:10
There is no question about this, Kat WILL win. Although Heihachis ground game is superior to Kats, her aerial game far exceeds Heihachis capabilities. In addition to High AP gain and reliable ways to consistently land a level 1 super. Kat will emerge the victor. Heihachi also has to rely on level 3, since Kuma does not do well against Airborne opponents.

Kratos: 3:7
Heihachi lacks a decent way to bypass the chains, but if he does manage to get in close, Kratos will stand no chance. Level 2 is very reliable here.

Parappa: 4:6
This matchup would be 5:5 if Parappa didnt have the mic grab. The mic grab can easily catch Heihachi off-guard before he closes the gap, and this will lead to trouble. Heihachi has a tough time evading Parappas level 2, but so does Parappa evading Heihachis level 2. This is definitely a race to level 2.

Sweet Tooth: 6:4
The batle of the close rangers. Heihachi is able to pull off combo after combo here. Just watch out for the level1 Hit confirm and time your counters carefully.

Fat Princess: 3:7
Like he does with Kratos, Heihachi lacks a decent way to bypass FP's pressure tools. Play defensively to avoid getting caught in her confirms. You'll still have a hard time landing your hits though.

Col. Radec: 8:2
Easily in Heihachis favor. a simple wavedash is able to avoid most of Radecs tools, and you dont even have to worry about the traps since Heihachi is not an aerial character. Get in close, watch out for the grabs, and dominate.

Sly Cooper: 1:9
This is absolute hell for Heihachi. Not only does he have to rely on level 3, but his main combo tool, the Hell Axles, is rendered useless due to Slys hitbox, and whatever little AP you do get is bound to be stolen right back.

Nathan Drake: 6:4
Surprisingly? Heihachi has the advanatge over Drake. This is one of the few times where you'll want to utilize his aerial confirm. avoid the barrel, hop over the AK and land your air square and bam. level 1 kill.

Good Cole: 1:9
This is going to be hell as well, I literally have no advice for this match, just.. good luck. Just dont cry when you lose to being outzoned.

Evil Cole: 4:6
This is definitely MUCH more managable than G.Cole with the lack of Ice Barrier and Freeze Rocket. Tether will still prove troublesome and the grandes and blasts will be difficult to deal with as well, but remain calm, and slowly move in closer and overwhelm him with your melee power.

Ratchet: 4:6
Not as troublesome as you would imagine. just keep an eye on Ratchet and time your wavedash to avoid the sniper. Short hop airdodge the buzzsaw, and hop over the grab. Watch out though, Heihachi has a tough time getting out of Ratchets level 2.

Zeus: 5:5
This is a blow exchange here, evade the charged moves and counter attack, block the non charged. Watch out for the lightning and teleports. Don't bother with your level 2 here unless you can trap Zeus in a corner. go for your level 3. Theres plenty of time.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#2I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/12/2013 9:11:09 AM
they poop
---
I'm handsome.
#3SettaWorldTeethPosted 5/12/2013 9:19:51 AM
You know, normally when I see people put matchups at 10-0 and the like I think they're exaggerating or have no idea what they're on about but this game is so messed up that I actually think it's justified.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#4Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:25:38 AM
Emmett: 7:3
Not as advnatageoius as Radec, but still a good matchup. Take advantage of the turrets for free AP, and time your wavedashes to avoid his ranged attacks. Avoid using unsafe moves or you're getting knocked away by neutral [].

Jak: 2:8
An aerial opponent. yayyy. As with Kat, Heihachi has a VERY hard time dealing with an airborne opponent, due to lack of Anti-Air and aerial options himself. However, unlike Kat, Jak has to land at some point to land his supers, he cant combo into them from the air (unlike Kat), so he can take advanatge of the landing lag and punish, but its still a hopeless situation. Level 3 is the preferred super here, as usual with aerial opponents

Big Daddy: 5:5
SUPER ARMOR BATTLE! go go down square and EWGF. Blow exchange like with Zeus. Race for level 2. just be wary of the dive strikes.

Nariko: 6:4
Unlike Parappa, Her "mic grab" like move cant be comboed easily, so attempt to bait her into using it as a simple way to get close. Watch out for the aerial versions though, because that could mean trouble if you let it land.

Raiden: 4:6
At least Raiden has to get in close, so you have a decent chance here. Be vary wary of the counter, and whatever you do, dont let him grab you or be put in a situation where he can land his Up Triangle.

Sackboy: -1:11
This is a joke matchup, its even worse than Heihachi v. Kat. You will NEVER land a hit on Sackboy, unless the sackboy messes, which is not something to rely upon. Just.. quit the match to save yourself from the frustration.

Sir Dan: 7:3
Sir Dan is unable to punish Heihachi too well, so go crazy here. Just watch out for the Axe.

Spike: 3:7
Bananas. Bananas. Bananas. Thats what this match will look like. Have fun dealing with all those bananas, and maybe you can win.

Toro: 9:1
another joke matchup. Just go crazy and wild, but dont let him get his level 3.

Isaac: 2:8
Mines, Plasma Cutter. Heihachi will have a very difficult time piercing through that mine since 20 AP will go through his super armor. And that plasma cutter will keep you at bay. jumping wont work because Isaac has good anti air to stop you from going that route.
---
#5Sabkoy24Posted 5/12/2013 9:26:39 AM
I'm not reading i will just say knowone cares
---
RamenKing24
as sabkoy once said "Ramen, you are the Greatest of Spammers!"
#6DreoreSilerePosted 5/12/2013 9:31:20 AM
Sabkoy24 posted...
I'm not reading i will just say knowone cares

---
I should go.
#7Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:33:35 AM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
You know, normally when I see people put matchups at 10-0 and the like I think they're exaggerating or have no idea what they're on about but this game is so messed up that I actually think it's justified.

normally, I'd agree with you. But this is Kat we are talking about.

and 10-0 matchups DO exist. But they rarely pop up. Only other 10:0 matchup I'm aware of is Astaroth V. Yoda from Soul Calibur IV. Astaroth catchs Yoda in anything, he wins. lol because Yodas movement is so low that he cant evade anything when he gets on the ground.
---
#8DrunkenMegamanPosted 5/12/2013 9:34:32 AM
You forgot Dante. It was an enjoyable read though.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#9Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:38:04 AM
DrunkenMegaman posted...
You forgot Dante. It was an enjoyable read though.

Whoops. lol Knew I forgot someone.

Dante: 6:4
Dantes range exceeds Heihachis, but Heiachi is able to punish Dantes moves effectively and swiftly. Get to level 2 as fast as you can, and let it go, dragging the match on will only be a bad thing to do.
---
#10I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/12/2013 9:38:10 AM
For the record, I enjoyed the read, as Heihachi is the man.
---
I'm handsome.