Comboing INTO a throw.

#1DreoreSilerePosted 5/12/2013 1:20:25 PM
I'm not talking about comboing from a throw.

Anyway, is this possible for every character? I know some for a few.
---
I should go.
#2crash-b-fan23Posted 5/12/2013 1:25:14 PM
If they have a move that puts the enemy into a buttdrop state, and you recover fast enough to grab them as they stand up, then yes
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1763AOZSDw My theme song ^_^
#3LightEcoSagePosted 5/12/2013 1:42:20 PM
Of course it's not possible for every character. Come on you should know this. Combo'ing into a throw isn't even my issue anymore. The frames on peoples roll dodge and ability to roll dodge faster then others and jump up faster pisses me off. In addition to Jak's bad aspects already he is actually one of those characters with a slow base jump, slow speed, roll dodge and another one to follow. What kind of balance did they think this game had at first? They literally made Jak a slow fighter even though clearly in his games his stats were average, but instead of applying his average stats they nerf that too, but other characters have more then average stats! It makes perfect sense how Isaac is faster then Jak right both in air and ground? A character known for wearing gear and armor and was slow in his games is faster then Jak jump wise and dodging wise, "may'be running" wise. Ok.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#4DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:53:49 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Of course it's not possible for every character. Come on you should know this. Combo'ing into a throw isn't even my issue anymore. The frames on peoples roll dodge and ability to roll dodge faster then others and jump up faster pisses me off. In addition to Jak's bad aspects already he is actually one of those characters with a slow base jump, slow speed, roll dodge and another one to follow. What kind of balance did they think this game had at first? They literally made Jak a slow fighter even though clearly in his games his stats were average, but instead of applying his average stats they nerf that too, but other characters have more then average stats! It makes perfect sense how Isaac is faster then Jak right both in air and ground? A character known for wearing gear and armor and was slow in his games is faster then Jak jump wise and dodging wise, "may'be running" wise. Ok.

Now you're just trolling.
---
I should go.
#5LightEcoSagePosted 5/12/2013 1:57:11 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Now you're just trolling.

Actually i'm not. I just sorta listed a rant. This is all facts. I know this because I have 2 mains and everytime I go back to Jak I can literally feel the slowness in his character "without attacking."
---
#6ZavalsBizPosted 5/12/2013 2:04:50 PM
Actually Radec has one of these:
Neutral [] x2 -> Up Grab -> Jump -> Air Neutral [] x2 -> 2nd Jump -> Air Forward [].

Quite possibly one of the best combos he has.
#7LightEcoSagePosted 5/12/2013 2:29:44 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Actually Radec has one of these:
Neutral [] x2 -> Up Grab -> Jump -> Air Neutral [] x2 -> 2nd Jump -> Air Forward [].

Quite possibly one of the best combos he has.

Yeah Radec has some combos a lot of people aren't aware of. He has a couple of grab combos and actually extended ones off walls. Now thats great.
---
#8CraftyScenariosPosted 5/12/2013 2:29:57 PM
Ummmm you can't combo into a throw, unless you have a throw move like Sackboy. That's called a mixup. Basically if your character has a combo, you stop mid combo and go for a grab. The way to beat the mixup is to jump or tech grab. There's always a way out of a mixup, and since this game has no unblockables, that statement is absolute.
#9AylasHeroPosted 5/12/2013 2:33:10 PM
CraftyScenarios posted...
Ummmm you can't combo into a throw, unless you have a throw move like Sackboy. That's called a mixup. Basically if your character has a combo, you stop mid combo and go for a grab. The way to beat the mixup is to jump or tech grab. There's always a way out of a mixup, and since this game has no unblockables, that statement is absolute.

Nope, this game is so horrible you can actually combo into a throw. Seriously, it'll let you and is 100% unavoidable if done right.
#10blaze19_0XPosted 5/12/2013 2:56:26 PM(edited)
AylasHero posted...
CraftyScenarios posted...

Nope, this game is so horrible you can actually combo into a throw. Seriously, it'll let you and is 100% unavoidable if done right.

This.

Also this game does have moves that are unblockable in the sense that the block button won't work against them. Mainly charged moves.

Lastly what you are describing Crafty is called a reset. What TC is talking about isn't a reset. It's a true combo into a throw. And these certainly exist.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x