where have you been all of my life Nariko?

#1blazin640Posted 5/12/2013 1:49:17 PM
Yeah they nerfed her, but I'm having a blast using her. Any tips?
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#2DreoreSilerePosted 5/12/2013 1:55:24 PM
Wanna practice wiith me!? I want a good practice partner!

My PSN is JushtFinisht. Yes, if you've played with me, I rage quit a lot, but only because Nariko doesn't stand a chance in 1v1 against characters who have kill confirms.
---
I should go.
#3blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:56:28 PM
DreoreSilere posted...

My PSN is JushtFinisht. Yes, if you've played with me, I rage quit a lot, but only because Nariko doesn't stand a chance in 1v1 against characters who have kill confirms.

sounds good. I can't right now, but we will definitely play later.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#4ZavalsBizPosted 5/12/2013 1:56:29 PM
blazin640 posted...

Her best weapon is her Air Down /\ because its pretty much the only attack that she can combo into. Also don't use her Neutral () because its an easy two kills for an opponent, if you wanna combo then do it in the Air.

Try going for her Lv.3 all the time because its pretty much the only way Nariko can win because:

Lv.1 - Too slow and easy to avoid. But you can use it in a crowd.
Lv.2 -Easy to avoid and leaves Nariko vulnerable.
#5blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:59:40 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
blazin640 posted...

Her best weapon is her Air Down /\ because its pretty much the only attack that she can combo into. Also don't use her Neutral () because its an easy two kills for an opponent, if you wanna combo then do it in the Air.

Try going for her Lv.3 all the time because its pretty much the only way Nariko can win because:

yeah I usually only use air down triangle or the grounded version for quick combos. Thanks for the tips.
---
#6DreoreSilerePosted 5/12/2013 2:20:46 PM(edited)
blazin640 posted...
DreoreSilere posted...

All right.

Also, here are some of my tips:

With the exception of Down [ ], most of her [ ] moves are useless because the strings that occur after the golden ring at her feet disconnect themselves (meaning they do not combo into each other). This means anyone can easily block them by holding the L1 button when they're hit by her.

Instead of continuing the [ ] moves, you have a few options I recommend:

1. After getting to the key pose of the Neutral [ ] or Forward [ ] strings, bunny hop and use Air Up / \. Very safe in most circumstances.
2. Parry with Neutral / \. I mostly use this against people who mash attack buttons when being hit.

2a. If the parry successfully connects, follow up with Down [ ], Bunny Hop, Air Up / \, Air [ ], [ ], [ ].
2b. If you are playing against a Raiden or Dante who also spams their parries, immediately use Neutral ( ) after their parry "whiffs," provided you're safe from other players, and follow up with Up / \, Jump, Air Up / \, Air Neutral ( ), Air [ ], [ ], [ ].

3. Roll away. Another very safe choice, but you can't do much with it.

(Her parry can also be used to reflect projectiles. Use this against Coles, Evil Coles, Emmetts, and Sackboys.)

As for people who abuse dodge rolls, use Down ( ). It'll crumple them, allowing a follow-up. The quickest and safest follow-up I have found is Down [ ], Bunny Hop, Air Up / \, Air [ ], [ ], [ ], the same follow-up to a parry.

If you're getting hit and need space, or if you need to quickly disrupt another player's combo, use Air Up [ ]. It's a godsend.

Also remember that Air Up / \ can be used for mobility as well. Don't forget that.

As a last note, I never use Neutral ( ) after Down / \ only because there is a slim chance of it connecting. Instead, I follow-up with Neutral [ ], [ ], [ ] (which has a much better chance of connecting) and roll away or jump.

So far, I have not been able to do well against Kratoses, Jaks (well, at least LES's), and Ratchets. I have played against many Dantes and Raidens to do well against them, but they're still too better than Nariko.
---
I should go.
#7blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:22:20 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
blazin640 posted...
DreoreSilere posted...

All right.

Also, here are some of my tips:

With the exception of Down [ ], most of her [ ] moves are useless because the strings that occur after the golden ring at her feet disconnect themselves (meaning they do not combo into each other). This means anyone can easily block them by holding the L1 button when they're hit by her.

Instead of continuing the [ ] moves, you have a few options I recommend:

1. After getting to the key pose of the Neutral [ ] or Forward [ ] strings, bunny hop and use Air Up / \. Very safe in most circumstances.
2. Parry with Neutral / \. I mostly use this against people who mash attack buttons when being hit.

2a. If the parry successfully connects, follow up with Down [ ], Bunny Hop, Air Up / \, Air [ ], [ ], [ ].
2b. If you are playing against a Raiden or Dante who also spams their parries, immediately use Neutral ( ) after their parry "whiffs," provided you're safe from other players, and follow up with Up / \, Jump, Air Up / \, Air Neutral ( ), Air [ ], [ ], [ ].

3. Roll away. Another very safe choice, but you can't do much with it.

(Her parry can also be used to reflect projectiles. Use this against Coles, Evil Coles, Emmetts, and Sackboys.)

As for people who abuse dodge rolls, use Down ( ). It'll crumple them, allowing a follow-up. The quickest and safest follow-up I have found is Down [ ], Bunny Hop, Air Up / \, Air [ ], [ ], [ ], the same follow-up to a parry.

If you're getting hit and need space, or if you need to quickly disrupt another player's combo, use Air Up [ ]. It's a godsend.

Also remember that Air Up / \ can be used for mobility as well. Don't forget that.

As a last note, I never use Neutral ( ) after Down / \ only because there is a slim chance of it connecting. Instead, I follow-up with Neutral [ ], [ ], [ ] (which has a much better chance of connecting) and roll away or jump.

So far, I have not been able to do well against Kratoses, Jaks (well, at least LES's), and Ratchets. I have played against many Dantes and Raidens to do well against them, but they're still too better than Nariko.

I love it. Thanks for the tips.
---
#8LightEcoSagePosted 5/12/2013 2:22:20 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
blazin640 posted...

>_> sigh..

Just face a person name CallMeCrazy. After some of y'all face his Nariko you will learn a couple of things, because i'm tired of explaining some of this stuff. And he's just one of the good Nariko's.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 5/12/2013 2:25:30 PM
Blazin, I was serious about my request and I want you to follow through.
---
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#10blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:26:32 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Blazin, I was serious about my request and I want you to follow through.

what request?
---