The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Final tier list thoughts

#1dabuzPosted 5/13/2013 6:31:03 PM
1v1 first, then 2v2, assuming standard competitive rules. (3 stock 1v1, 5 or 7 stages, 6 kill limit 2v2, 5 or 7 stages)

Placement within tiers matters

MUs/ Mus = matchups

This will be my last formal list.

This is just an opinion and I expect disagreements. I only wrote a description for the placing if there was a significant change from my last tier list. (Link here: http://allstararena.com/threads/my-post-patch-1-10-tier-list.627/)

1v1

Kat Tier
Kat

Top Tier
Good Cole
(+5) Isaac - Massive AP gain, level 1 confirms off throw, lots of nasty traps, everything confirms into level 2, mine makes most MUs trivial.
(+7) Sly - No landing lag makes his entire arsenal in the air extremely safe, his AP gain is high considering his lack of risk, and he has good confirms for every level super.
Raiden
Fat Princess

High Tier
(+4) Vindabess - Vindabess's roll is ridiculous with only 1 frame where he isn't invincible from anything but grabs, but even then he can block, meaning only kill confirms should be effectice. His charge cancels make him a huge threat because of strong baits. Nice confirms, overall Vindabess is a powerful character. (If anyone didn't get the joke, Vindabess is the face of Zeus so I replaced Zeus with Vindabess)
Ratchet
Dante
(-4) Kratos - Special note for Kratos, with Host Advantage he is the best character. Dropped because he can't claim to strongly beat any top tiers, goes even with most of them.
(-8) Evil Cole: Struggles vs. A LOT of the top tiers once players figure out how to get by his linear and outright bad projectile camping game, forcing him to play a solid close range defense game with low AP output. With no dangerous melee game to speak of he relies on mobility, punishing landing lag, and his assortment of level 2 confirms at top level. Mobility being something top tiers and high tiers can limit.

Mid Tier
Big Daddy
Nathan Drake
Emmett
(-5) Parappa - Character with a lot of potential IMO, but is basically a worse Raiden and no one has shown play equal to other top tiers with him.
Heihachi

Low Tier
Nariko
Sackboy
Sweet Tooth
Spike
Jak
Sir Dan

Bottom tier
Radec
(-1) Toro - Officially worse than Radec

2v2 - I don't feel like descriptions for this, but i'll answer questions.

Elder god tier:
Sly

Top tier:
Good Cole
Kratos
Drake
Isaac

High Tier:
Ratchet
Fat Princess
Parappa
Raiden
Nariko
Evil Cole

Mid Tier:
Kat
Zeus
Dante
Big Daddy
Emmett
Sweet Tooth

Low tier:
Sir Dan
Radec
Heihachi
Sackboy

Bottom Tier:
Spike
Jak
Toro
---
psn: dabuz18
#2RoyalShinePosted 5/13/2013 6:39:02 PM
I still don't know what Vindabess means. -____-
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
"HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" - Heihachi
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 5/13/2013 6:41:03 PM
RoyalShine posted...
I still don't know what Vindabess means. -____-

It's a simile.
---
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#4Heroicmedic92Posted 5/13/2013 6:41:20 PM
I'm honored.
---
PSN: Heroicmoises
http://imgur.com/CRDdlNT.jpg
#5crash-b-fan23Posted 5/13/2013 6:49:17 PM
yep sackboy low tier now who want to fight the low tier
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1763AOZSDw My theme song ^_^
#6JammerzWPosted 5/13/2013 6:58:12 PM
Didn't even know Isaac could confirm his level 1 off a throw, wow. How is it done?
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#7dabuz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:17:12 PM
JammerzW posted...
Didn't even know Isaac could confirm his level 1 off a throw, wow. How is it done?

It's hard to do. Dthrow -> walk forward turn around side triangle (force gun) -> level 1.
---
#8co1onelPosted 5/13/2013 7:26:26 PM
IMO non-host Kat is not Kat tier.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Co1onel-225.png
#9XenoFFvsPosted 5/13/2013 7:30:04 PM
I'd like to first start by saying that I am NOT a top tier player myself BUT I've played with some of the best, played this game daily since launch, and watch my fair share of videos of the top dogs(including you Dabuz lol)

With that being said, I agree with a lot of the list but I'm pretty confused as to why Big Daddy is so high up on the 1v1 list, care to explain? In my opinion, he has bad MU's against too many characters to be top of the mid-tier and can be zoned out by almost any character with half decent projectiles. I know super armored moves help but his level.1 was nerfed and his level.2 can be dodged pretty easily a good amount of the time. I strongly feel that Drake, Parappa, and Sackboy should be above him.

And on that note....how is Sackboy so low on both tiers? Does he just not get good tournament results? Even with all of the nerfs he's got an amazing keep away game, great ability to dodge supers, hard to grab, a good lvl.1 KC, a lvl.2 that is near unavoidable, and arguably the best lvl.3 in the game. In 2v2 having sackboy on your team can be a godsend, he can keep his team mate safe and can interrupt supers from almost anywhere with jelly(albeit most of the time on accident).

I also think Nariko is too high up on both lists, her nerfs have made her so much of a joke compared to what she was. As far as 1v1, I think everyone in low tier beats her out except for Dan and Maybe Spike. Her combo potential seems to be around half of what it used to be and losing that lvl.1 hit confirm on top of the nerf to her lvl.3 really makes just about any 1v1 MU an uphill battle for her.

But yes, other than those few things I think I agree with the rest of it for the most part, maybe drop a character one spot here or there but overall good job.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#10dabuz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:34:36 PM
XenoFFvs posted...
I'd like to first start by saying that I am NOT a top tier player myself BUT I've played with some of the best, played this game daily since launch, and watch my fair share of videos of the top dogs(including you Dabuz lol)

With that being said, I agree with a lot of the list but I'm pretty confused as to why Big Daddy is so high up on the 1v1 list, care to explain? In my opinion, he has bad MU's against too many characters to be top of the mid-tier and can be zoned out by almost any character with half decent projectiles. I know super armored moves help but his level.1 was nerfed and his level.2 can be dodged pretty easily a good amount of the time. I strongly feel that Drake, Parappa, and Sackboy should be above him.

And on that note....how is Sackboy so low on both tiers? Does he just not get good tournament results? Even with all of the nerfs he's got an amazing keep away game, great ability to dodge supers, hard to grab, a good lvl.1 KC, a lvl.2 that is near unavoidable, and arguably the best lvl.3 in the game. In 2v2 having sackboy on your team can be a godsend, he can keep his team mate safe and can interrupt supers from almost anywhere with jelly(albeit most of the time on accident).

I also think Nariko is too high up on both lists, her nerfs have made her so much of a joke compared to what she was. As far as 1v1, I think everyone in low tier beats her out except for Dan and Maybe Spike. Her combo potential seems to be around half of what it used to be and losing that lvl.1 hit confirm on top of the nerf to her lvl.3 really makes just about any 1v1 MU an uphill battle for her.

But yes, other than those few things I think I agree with the rest of it for the most part, maybe drop a character one spot here or there but overall good job.

For Big Daddy, watch DomniSNK. The character is actually scary once he gets in and his armor helps him get in. Make no mistake, he isn't great, but neither are the characters below him. Big Daddy is just well rounded and able to deal with everything well enough., where someone like Parappa may be stronger in a lot of MUs, it's the MUs he loses terribly that BD has a semblance of chance in.

Sackboy is ass, he is just really really ass after the nerfs, nuff said. I feel confident about where I placed Nariko, and the bottom 6 in 1v1 are just sooo much worse than everyone else.
---