So Sly's electric roll is cheap?

#1RealSlyCooperPosted 5/16/2013 6:30:43 PM
I never knew that. D: I guess I should never use it then.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#2LightEcoSagePosted 5/16/2013 6:35:40 PM
Is your PSN name Coreno?
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#3RealSlyCooper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:36:37 PM
No, why?
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#4CraftyScenariosPosted 5/16/2013 6:39:54 PM
Cheap? No. I just angel dash on block and punish because...sly can't block! For most slys they're so hardwired to spam that move that even after I kill them twice off a punish, they KEEP doing it. It's all good though. I'll just keep collecting :)
#5LightEcoSagePosted 5/16/2013 6:47:35 PM
CraftyScenarios posted...
Cheap? No. I just angel dash on block and punish because...sly can't block! For most slys they're so hardwired to spam that move that even after I kill them twice off a punish, they KEEP doing it. It's all good though. I'll just keep collecting :)

So you're using who you main as an example instead of everyone all together? Some characters can't deal with it that easily. Dante long easy combo's compared to others who don't have easy and long combos? No. The move is cheap.
---
#6Potatoman622Posted 5/16/2013 7:10:28 PM
Nope lol its like the easiest thing to kill off of or punish on whiff
---
Looking for competitive or casual PSABR matches complete with matchmaking and leaderboards for all game modes?
Visit http://aylasplace.enjin.com/home
#7Pink_a_DinkPosted 5/16/2013 7:11:34 PM
I don't think its cheap, but its easily spammable. I have no clue how to play with Sly, but I've gotten my level 3 easily and fast using JUST that move lol.
---
Come join me and a bunch of others Gamefaqs users in a awesome chat where we talk about random awesome stuff! ;)
http://xat.com/heartless_House
#8CraftyScenariosPosted 5/16/2013 8:01:20 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

So you're using who you main as an example instead of everyone all together? Some characters can't deal with it that easily. Dante long easy combo's compared to others who don't have easy and long combos? No. The move is cheap.

I get it. You use jak. Figure it out. Hint: raw punish lvl 1 all day. Sir Dan is my second character. Hop over him like a game of skip it and swing at his defenseless ass.

What's with people whining that they don't have a move to counter every scenario? Characters have good moves. It happens.
#9LightEcoSagePosted 5/16/2013 8:12:10 PM(edited)
LightEcoSage posted...

I get it. You use jak. Figure it out. Hint: raw punish lvl 1 all day. Sir Dan is my second character. Hop over him like a game of skip it and swing at his defenseless ass.

What's with people whining that they don't have a move to counter every scenario? Characters have good moves. It happens.

I get it. You fail to understand because you don't know Jak and how he is until you play as him against skilled players. Figure it out. What you said doesn't always play out like that.

Whats wrong with people thinking they know it all and that NOT EVERY SLY uses it widely and aimless'ly?
---
#10CraftyScenariosPosted 5/16/2013 8:33:06 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

I get it. You fail to understand because you don't know Jak and how he is until you play as him against skilled players. Figure it out. What you said doesn't always play out like that.

Whats wrong with people thinking they know it all and that NOT EVERY SLY uses it widely and aimless'ly?

Well since you're having a low tier tantrum, as is customary, I play sir Dan. Arguably, worse than jak. What him and jak have in common is they can instakill on a good read, jak more so. You're complaining about high skill play. Guess what? In every game, there are characters who just don't cut it at high level play in every fighting game. You've got 2 options: use a better character or put more work and time into a lower tier character to win.

You think Jak is bad? Try Hakan in street fighter. He's the absolute worst character in the game, and matchup disparity is even wider in street fighter. But infiltration uses him to to straight up murder top tier characters. How far do you want to push your skills? Or you can just settle and proceed with the daily sob story.