Afro Samurai style Headband system?

#1CHL305Posted 5/21/2013 2:00:22 PM
Just throwing this out there to maybe add a little fun to the online community. Just brainstorming here...

If you are not familiar with Afro Samurai they had a headband system, I believe 1-15 (this can be adjusted accordingly). The Number 1 headband of course being the best and every number below vying to take that headband. The rules go something like this:

Owner's of these Headbands may challenge the Headband Wielder of the ascending order, example the Number 3 could only challenge the Number 2 and be challenged only by the Number 4 and No. 4 could only be challenged by the Number 5 and so on.

I played DFO for a while and we had something like this for PVP and it was a lot of fun back then. I was thinking we could adopt something similar. Maybe a good guy to run it would be Ayla's Hero since he seems very active in the community. Just brainstorming here...
---
PSN: CoolHandLuke_305
Pawn: Azura, Ranger
#2LluaZargPosted 5/21/2013 2:29:30 PM
I'd say ask Aylas himself. He's pretty often in his chat on: http://aylasplace.enjin.com/home
---
PSN: Lluazarg
If you like the people from the All-Stars board: http://xat.com/heartless_House
#3DavidgraymanPosted 5/21/2013 2:42:57 PM
Samuel Jackson shoulda been the announcer for this game....
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#4AylasHeroPosted 5/21/2013 4:08:23 PM
Well I got the AP Ranked system already, so running something like this would be kinda taking away from the ranks I already have, as I want people to be able to fight anyone on the chart.

HOWEVER. Using something like this for a ladder, where you had to climb up by beating some of the best players online? This would work brilliantly for. (It reminds me of PSASArena's ladder almost)

If you'd wanna try doing something like it, I got no issue letting you borrow my forums and I can tell people on the site to try signing up maybe as well. It sounds like it could be fun!
#5AylasHeroPosted 5/21/2013 4:09:13 PM
Or maybe even just a gfaqs ladder for you folks on here, it wouldn't hurt!
#6CHL305(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 6:21:47 PM
AylasHero posted...
Well I got the AP Ranked system already, so running something like this would be kinda taking away from the ranks I already have, as I want people to be able to fight anyone on the chart.

HOWEVER. Using something like this for a ladder, where you had to climb up by beating some of the best players online? This would work brilliantly for. (It reminds me of PSASArena's ladder almost)

If you'd wanna try doing something like it, I got no issue letting you borrow my forums and I can tell people on the site to try signing up maybe as well. It sounds like it could be fun!

These are all good suggestions. I will see if I can get any interest on gfaqs, if not, I will try your site if you don't mind.

If anyone is interested in helping me do this I would appreciate it. Not only do I work throughout the week but I start night classes next month so I would be almost too busy to maintain the headband system.

If we get enough people interested we can try it on here, I guess for now the first 15 people to volunteer will make up headbands 1-15.

As far as rules, I think the standard 1v1 rules should apply but we can hash that out once we have enough people interested.
---
#7CHL305(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:20:00 AM
Maybe if I labeled this topic "another move set", it would garner more interest. No one??
---
#8BluBlue4Posted 5/22/2013 9:52:01 AM
Your system sounds fun. Though if the holder of a headband stops responding/playing for whatever reason there'd have to be some kind of a rule that puts the headband up for grabs again.

Also are you sure that that's how the headbands worked in AS? I though that only #2 could challenge #1 but that absolutely anyone could challenge #2. Aside from bragging rights (and that godlike power that Justice claimed all the collect headbands would give) the other headbands seemed pointless. At least in the 5 episode series and the sequel movie. Never read the comics.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#9slaighMaccooperPosted 5/22/2013 4:28:49 PM
anyone could fight the number 2 but only the number 2 could fight the number 1
#10CHL305(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 3:41:14 AM
slaighMaccooper posted...
anyone could fight the number 2 but only the number 2 could fight the number 1

I see, well that could work here but we don't have enough people interested. Oh well.
---