Original music for Black Rock Studium put up on PS Blog

#1G-ScythePosted 5/22/2013 9:28:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZIhvMnnLeQ

sounds pretty good
wish they used this instead of the remix we got

makes more sense than Twisted Metal/Jak&Daxter
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#2LightEcoSagePosted 5/22/2013 9:53:54 PM(edited)
Actually the Jak II 'theme' goes well with Blackrock stadium, because both themes are dark and have a certain beat to it that makes them go well together. Hard to explain but its fine and makes perfect sense. 2nd it's not just about the BGMs 'sounding good together', its also about the environment and atmosphere that both themes came from. Example Sandover and Hot Shot golf. If you think about those 2 maps for a min you should see my point. Jak's theme that plays in this map is Haven City. BlackRock Sta is a city. Both are dark, city, etc. So similarities also play a part in this. People need to think from all perspectives and just not one. This happens way to much :/

Plus in addition none of the remixes for any maps work like this. Remixes in all-stars is different from the ordinary remixes. Remixes in all-stars is when 2 songs play for each map at a time. So it's not really a remix, besides changing the tone of the song to sound more fight'ish type. So by your logic all themes would suck and could have been better :P

Even the mash up hazards and etc make sense. Only problem with this stage is that Metal heads weren't featured in the background like Chimera's are for San Francisco.
---
I love when people form and/or based their opinions off vague memory...
#3Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/22/2013 9:40:01 PM
Ha, and LES, chill man.

Oh and G-Scythe as a heads up I'm prolly gonna start posting my movesets on the official forums so I don't have to deal with the mods on this board after that incident with the Mewtwo moveset >.>
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#4LightEcoSagePosted 5/22/2013 9:59:25 PM(edited)
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Ha, and LES, chill man.

Oh and G-Scythe as a heads up I'm prolly gonna start posting my movesets on the official forums so I don't have to deal with the mods on this board after that incident with the Mewtwo moveset >.>

Look i'm seriously getting sick and you of others saying chill and things similar when I'M JUST LISTING MY DAMN ""THOUGHTS"" DAMN! I am seriously the only guy who cannot go around the board listing rational and detailed points without being accused, patronized, etc. Seriously. You. Chill. I'm not going to go around the board and list ok, I agree, nice, well done, etc in EVERY TOPIC. Am I not a human being?? It's like you have this stilled impression of me every-time you see my comment you will always react a certain way when I say something that you're not ok with or didn't hear what you wanted to hear. This is getting real tedious. I'm not arguing with anyone, i'm not being rude and i'm not starting anything, so I don't need to chill at all. Others need to a matter of fact. And this applies to everyone not just you.
---
#5Nightstryk3r619Posted 5/22/2013 9:48:33 PM
Thank Buckethead, he's an amazing player (And Brain from Primus did drums on that track). I downloaded it from iTunes not too long ago.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#6ButKevinBaconPosted 5/22/2013 9:50:32 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Am I not a human being?

I have my doubts.
#7Nightstryk3r619Posted 5/22/2013 9:53:25 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Actually the Jak II 'theme' goes well with Blackrock stadium, because both themes are dark and have a certain beat to it that makes them go well together. Hard to explain but its fine and makes perfect sense. 2nd it's not just about the BGMs 'sounding good together', it's also about the environment and atmosphere. Example Sandover and Hot Shot golf. If you think about those 2 maps for a min you should see my point. Jak's theme that plays in this map is Haven City. BlackRock Sta is a city. Both are dark, city, etc. So similarities also play a part in this. People need to think from all perspectives and just not one :/

Plus in addition none of the remix for any maps work like this. Remix in all-stars is different from the ordinary remix. Remix in all-stars is when 2 songs play for each map. So it's not really a remix, besides changing the tone of the song to sound more fight'ish type.
So by your logic all all themes would suck and could have been better :P

Even the mash up hazards and etc make sense. Only problem with this stage is that Metal heads weren't featured in the background like Chimera's are for San Francisco.

Actually Black Rock Stadium isn't a city. It's more-less a coliseum that Calypso had created for his Twisted Metal competition. (And according to David Jaffe, it was inspired by the old Missile Silo level in Twisted Metal 2)

As for BGMs meshing... go search for my Rapture stage idea. That's probably the best meshing level music of all time.... of all time!!!
---
#8LightEcoSagePosted 5/22/2013 10:58:34 PM(edited)
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Actually the Jak II 'theme' goes well with Blackrock stadium, because both themes are dark and have a certain beat to it that makes them go well together. Hard to explain but its fine and makes perfect sense. 2nd it's not just about the BGMs 'sounding good together', it's also about the environment and atmosphere. Example Sandover and Hot Shot golf. If you think about those 2 maps for a min you should see my point. Jak's theme that plays in this map is Haven City. BlackRock Sta is a city. Both are dark, city, etc. So similarities also play a part in this. People need to think from all perspectives and just not one :/

Plus in addition none of the remix for any maps work like this. Remix in all-stars is different from the ordinary remix. Remix in all-stars is when 2 songs play for each map. So it's not really a remix, besides changing the tone of the song to sound more fight'ish type.

Actually Black Rock Stadium isn't a city. It's more-less a coliseum that Calypso had created for his Twisted Metal competition. (And according to David Jaffe, it was inspired by the old Missile Silo level in Twisted Metal 2)

As for BGMs meshing... go search for my Rapture stage idea. That's probably the best meshing level music of all time.... of all time!!!

Coliseum is close enough 'especially with the way SB designed it in all-stars', but still thanks for the input and clarification. Blackrock stad looks like a reconstructed Haven City and a small city in itself to make enough sense to mash it up with Haven City. I find that interesting.

Just link me to it. I'm pretty sure I won't find it.

EDIT: I couldn't add this to my first post, because the time has passed for me to edit. The other problem with the mash up is that SB didn't heighten the Haven City BGM loud enough. Like seriously -_-? It's like anything Jak related they just didn't give a f***. The low sound is what makes the map's overall BGM not as good because ppl get the impression that the mash up song sucks, is to calm ,etc when it's not that at all and just the fact that the volume is too damn low. Like how did they not experience this when testing the game -_-
---
#9Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/22/2013 9:57:21 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

I don't think I'd heard the music for that one .-. *goes to look* And I really need to post more of my stage ideas. Though half of them would get modded because despite being for PSASBR they'd be considered 'off topic'.

Yes, I'm quite bitter about that mod if you can't tell xD
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#10Nightstryk3r619Posted 5/22/2013 10:09:30 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Coliseum is close enough 'especially with the way SB designed it in all-stars', but still thanks for the input and clarification. Blackrock stad looks like a reconstructed Haven City and a small city in itself to make enough sense to mash it up with Haven City. I find that interesting.

Just link me to it. I'm pretty sure I won't find it.

Rapture

Bioshock X Critical Depth

Phase 1 theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEFIZh_Zscc
Phase 2 theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMAndtwOWM

The camera phases through the intro to Rapture, and then through a glass tunnel, where the fighters will be brawling at. In the background, on can see various fish swimming in the background However, a minute and fifteen seconds into the fight, all of a sudden, three of six submarines from Critical Depth will begin to fight in the background. You'll see either Manta (CIA), The Stalingrad (USSR Remnants), The Anarchy (The Venegaza Liberation Army), The Armageddeon (Mad scientist Dr. A. Pocalypse), Lockjaw (A student of an Indiana Jones like professor), or The Ohm (a cult-like group who worships a being similar to Cthulhu)

Along with them, will be the Sea Dog (a pirate-ship submarine), that will fire cannonballs that miss the opposing submarines, but will hit the tunnel, and puncture it to harm the players (there will be warning markers on the ground, as always.) Water will also lightly leak onto the floor, slowing down movement on the floor, but not on other platforms in the level.
---