Create A Stage

#11Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/23/2013 3:05:36 PM
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Tsunopolis- War of the Monsters, inFAMOUS.

Theme for the first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGcwPw6Ew4 (Only song I could find >.>)
Theme for the second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaYZ7hCt7Q

The stage takes place atop a set of three buildings, with a main plaza of the city in the background, as well as a view of the ocean. The set up is similar to that of Paris, however with a raised building on the left as well as the right, though slightly higher, with a sign just in the background's catwalk acting as a platform above the center building, bridging the two raised buildings.

During the fight the following monsters are seen fighting in the background- Togera, Ultra-V, Congar, and Preytor. Throughout the battle they also act as hazards, causing stray cars, antennae, or wreckage to plummet towards the stage. Every now and then one of the monsters themselves will be a hazard, being slammed onto one of the three buildings, also destroying the sign (though the catwalk survives).

Eventually a stray tossed weapon will be flung out and hit the U.F.O. floating over the bay, causing the alien crew to retaliate by creating a tsunami. The tsunami will begin rushing towards the stage, and just as it's about to hit a large red light will appear in it's path just in the background of the stage, stopping the water in it's tracks also triggering the song mash up. The Beast will appear in an explosion of light, causing the water to surge back to the ocean.

He presents a few new hazards with his powers. Every now and then he will do his black hole attack while fighting against the four monsters, causing certain objects around the stage to rise and be new platforms to battle on, or the players themselves (not fond of the idea since people don't like when that happens in Time Station.)
Another hazard presented will be his fireballs being added to the mix of stray weaponry.

Near the end of the battle The Beast is forced to move to another part of the city while flinging one of the enemy monsters through a building. From there the monsters and the Beast no longer present a hazard, which should be about 10-20 seconds before the end (assuming it's a 3 minute match.)

You know what... I need to replay War of the Monsters and use that as a hazard. InCog Inc. was/is amazing with their games.

It really was an awesome game. Which monster would you use as the hazard?
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#12Nightstryk3r619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 3:38:38 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Tsunopolis- War of the Monsters, inFAMOUS.

Theme for the first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGcwPw6Ew4 (Only song I could find >.>)
Theme for the second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaYZ7hCt7Q

The stage takes place atop a set of three buildings, with a main plaza of the city in the background, as well as a view of the ocean. The set up is similar to that of Paris, however with a raised building on the left as well as the right, though slightly higher, with a sign just in the background's catwalk acting as a platform above the center building, bridging the two raised buildings.

During the fight the following monsters are seen fighting in the background- Togera, Ultra-V, Congar, and Preytor. Throughout the battle they also act as hazards, causing stray cars, antennae, or wreckage to plummet towards the stage. Every now and then one of the monsters themselves will be a hazard, being slammed onto one of the three buildings, also destroying the sign (though the catwalk survives).

Eventually a stray tossed weapon will be flung out and hit the U.F.O. floating over the bay, causing the alien crew to retaliate by creating a tsunami. The tsunami will begin rushing towards the stage, and just as it's about to hit a large red light will appear in it's path just in the background of the stage, stopping the water in it's tracks also triggering the song mash up. The Beast will appear in an explosion of light, causing the water to surge back to the ocean.

He presents a few new hazards with his powers. Every now and then he will do his black hole attack while fighting against the four monsters, causing certain objects around the stage to rise and be new platforms to battle on, or the players themselves (not fond of the idea since people don't like when that happens in Time Station.)
Another hazard presented will be his fireballs being added to the mix of stray weaponry.

Near the end of the battle The Beast is forced to move to another part of the city while flinging one of the enemy monsters through a building. From there the monsters and the Beast no longer present a hazard, which should be about 10-20 seconds before the end (assuming it's a 3 minute match.)

You know what... I need to replay War of the Monsters and use that as a hazard. InCog Inc. was/is amazing with their games.

It really was an awesome game. Which monster would you use as the hazard?

Probably one of the bosses, or even the dual dragons that fly around that air force base.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#13LightEcoSagePosted 5/23/2013 4:57:22 PM(edited)
I wanna do a stage, but I can't think of the right section of what stages to choose from. Example I know I can do a Dead Space x Jak or Uncharted x Jak, but I just don't know what part of certain stages to choose especially Dead space O_o
---
I love when people form and/or based their opinions off vague memory...
#14Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/23/2013 5:11:06 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
I wanna do a stage, but I can't think of the right section of what stages to choose from. Example I know I can do a Dead Space x Jak or Uncharted x Jak, but I just don't know what part of certain stages to choose especially Dead space O_o

I'm sure you'll think of something. A good tip is to try and pick two things that would mesh pretty well.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#15LightEcoSagePosted 5/23/2013 6:01:59 PM(edited)
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

I'm sure you'll think of something. A good tip is to try and pick two things that would mesh pretty well.

Yeah. That tip is more like common sense xD. Jak 3 is what allows Dead space and Jak to have a mash up possibility. Dark makers appear/on-board the Ishimura (DS1), Transport Hub (DS2) or any other ship while the Planetary Defense System (from Jak 3) can fire off from Jak's planet into the ship (from Dead space) ... then for Uncharted and Jak... enough said xD. Shared so many damn similarities, plus both were made by Naughty Dog. And thats not even finished.
---
#16Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/23/2013 5:49:35 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Yeah. That tip is more like common sense xD. Jak 3 the game is what allows Dead space and Jak to have a mash up. Uncharted and Jak... enough said. Shared so many damn similarities, plus both were made by Naughty Dog.

Could go with starting in the Ishimura, then it gets attacked by the Dark Maker ship. Or even the reverse! And dammit, now I'm going to get distracted from my movesets by BattleBlock Theater.
---
#17LightEcoSagePosted 5/23/2013 6:02:27 PM(edited)
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Yeah. That tip is more like common sense xD. Jak 3 the game is what allows Dead space and Jak to have a mash up. Uncharted and Jak... enough said. Shared so many damn similarities, plus both were made by Naughty Dog.

Could go with starting in the Ishimura, then it gets attacked by the Dark Maker ship. Or even the reverse! And dammit, now I'm going to get distracted from my movesets by BattleBlock Theater.

Yeah I was in the middle of editing, but was playing all-stars at the same time, so late edit fix.
---
#18Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/24/2013 12:03:26 AM(edited)
Hoover Dam- Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2.

Theme 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HE2MzqvROs
Theme 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0R3b6ewvY

The battle takes place atop the Hoover Dam from Fallout: New Vegas. The stage is set up as a horizontally large area. On the very left is an invisible wall. From there it's a small flat area to a ramp that goes up to a solid platform. Does not have a ramp going off to the right, but has a wooden pallet set up as cover which can be easily destroyed. Has a bit of flat area after the small drop from the ramping platform, then there's a floating platform (that's an overhang off of some wreckage in the background) above this stretch (not connected to the ramping platform). A bit after that is a set of solid platforms set up as stairs, top half on the left side, lower half on the right side. There is a wall directly on the right side.

In the background Caesar's Legion and the NCR will be pitched in combat, firing bullets, spears, and charging into melee combat. If hazards are on, about 20 seconds into the fight (Assuming it's a 3 minute battle) the Boomers will begin firing mortar rounds onto the battlefield. Glowing markers will show where they're going to hit. If you're hit by a mortar round you will be sent flying and lose a percentage of your AP.

After the battle goes on for 1:30, the song will begin to mash up and Hyperion robots will suddenly storm the dam, attacking both Caesar's Legion and the NCR. Handsome Jack can be overheard giving orders to the robots via an intercom, signifying their arrival by saying "NO wrong savage populated dam you stupid buckets of bolts! *sigh* Ya know what, tear em apart anyways." He will insult players throughout the rest of the fight. Both Legate Lanius and some members of the Brotherhood of Steel will make appearances battling the Hyperion robots as well during this time. As a small note, the Hyperion Moonbase can be seen in the sky once the robots appear.

Throughout the fight from here if hazards are turned on the Boomers will be replaced by W4R-D3N which will float in the background deploying loaders which will move to attack both sides. It will every now and then float in to either the far right, direct middle, or far left of the stage and do a shock wave attack that will knock players away and make them lose a percentage of AP.

At the last 20 seconds of the fight the Brotherhood of Steel members will succeed in bringing down it's shields, then Lanius will leap on it and stab it multiple times with his bumper sword making it drop to the ground and 'die'. Handsome Jack will comment about how he needs to improve his robots as the Brotherhod of Steel members begin salvaging from W4R-D3N as Lanius, the Legion, and the NCR will finish off the rest of the robots.

EDIT- So what do ya think of my re-do of a Fallout/Borderlands crossover stage based around a dam?
---
#19Nightstryk3r619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:14:27 AM
LightEcoSage posted...

I think the Desert in Uncharted 3 would be great to mesh with Jak 3's Wasteland vehicular battles, myself. Something like the convoy towards the final third of the UC3 getting ambushed by maruaders, or whatever.

If you want, I can give that a shot for you.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#20LightEcoSagePosted 5/24/2013 7:37:58 AM
LightEcoSage posted...

I think the Desert in Uncharted 3 would be great to mesh with Jak 3's Wasteland vehicular battles, myself. Something like the convoy towards the final third of the UC3 getting ambushed by maruaders, or whatever.

If you want, I can give that a shot for you.

Yeah I wanted the Marauders to be stage hazards. I also wanted the Dark Maker Terraformer to be included somehow like walking across the desert/wasteland destroying whatever it steps over (like in Jak 3). As for the sandstorm, both Jak 3 and Uncharted 3 had sandstorm effects so any sandstorm would rep them both.
---