Be honest, how well does this game represent SONY'S roster?

#1KillDozer123Posted 5/26/2013 11:12:21 AM
And by that, I mean ignoring the third-party franchises.

The answer to me is pretty well. Most of Sony's big names are there, plus some unexpected ones. The main thing bugging me is a lack of a Resistance character, especially given there was a stage and weapons.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#2DrunkenMegamanPosted 5/26/2013 11:16:51 AM
It does a pretty good job imo, with the exception of Zeus..
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#3ArmoredElderPosted 5/26/2013 11:20:25 AM
Pretty good
I'm glad that Nate and Cole are in the game, along with Sweet Tooth
---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selatcia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN Feel free to add me. I tend to play PS All-Stars
#4KillDozer123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 11:25:13 AM
DrunkenMegaman posted...
It does a pretty good job imo, with the exception of Zeus..

Amen to that.
---
#5boy_luckPosted 5/26/2013 11:33:12 AM
On that specific department, the roster delivers. It does represent Sony pretty well. That said, third parties are also a huge part of Sony's history and there's where they failed miserably.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
http://i.imgur.com/RShmaGC.gif
#6KillDozer123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 12:07:35 PM
boy_luck posted...
On that specific department, the roster delivers. It does represent Sony pretty well. That said, third parties are also a huge part of Sony's history and there's where they failed miserably.

I do agree that the third parties were....questionable at best. But is it so wrong for me to say that I really wasn't expecting third-party characters in the first place?
---
#7slaighMaccooperPosted 5/26/2013 12:50:59 PM
not very well they missed plenty of milestone games and frankly they should have waited for a sequel to add newer characters (raiden, nariko, drake, cole, etc)
#8Vanitas_RemnantPosted 5/26/2013 1:06:15 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
boy_luck posted...

I do agree that the third parties were....questionable at best. But is it so wrong for me to say that I really wasn't expecting third-party characters in the first place?

Agreed, the fact they managed to get 3rd party characters is pretty shocking
---
I feel a draft on my butt
#9sinncrossPosted 5/26/2013 5:59:51 PM
Does a pretty good job,

i think they are missing the following:

1) a PSP rep. Seriously ,this I do not understand. GIve us Uberhero, Patapon seemed to be pretty popular among those who recommend PSP games.

2) niche characters. People talk about the lack of 3rd parties being a problem because 3rd party also defines PS. But niche does too. Games from the likes of Nippon Ichi, Compile Heart among others... they represent Sony too.

3) More 3rd parties, obviously.

4) Some recognisable 'legend' characters.

1) is I think the biggest offender for me. Hopefully at E3 we get the final DLC (i reckon 4 characters) and one of them is Uberhero.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#10-BrokenSpiral-Posted 5/26/2013 6:15:02 PM
I thought the representation was horrible at first, but looking at the roster, they did a good job with what was available.