Nariko's Aerial Down / \, post-patch 1.10: the truth.

#1DreoreSilerePosted 6/10/2013 11:37:59 PM(edited)
For those of you who don't know which move I'm talking about, it's the aerial move where Nariko attaches herself to her opponent with her chains and knocks her down to the ground Kratos style (his Forward [ ]). I will be adding details about this to my Nariko guide when I'm not lazy.

Many of you know that Nariko's Aerial Down / \ has been changed since the 1.10 patch a few months ago. It used to be able to butt-drop opponents both in the air and on the ground, allowing Nariko to follow-up with multiple moves. Since then, it has been changed to only allow butt-drops on grounded opponents.

Now here's the kicker. After this so-called balancing, Nariko's Aerial Down / \ is now glitched. You may not notice it in a chaotic match, but it is there, and it is huge. Not noticing it can be deadly for the Nariko player. Blue_BaIIz noticed this first, but I don't think he has explained it thoroughly to anyone yet.

Superbot intended for Aerial Down / \ to now knockdown aerial opponents to the ground only, and it appears so on the Nariko player's screen. The same cannot be said when you look at the opponent's screen. On the opponent's screen, instead of a heavy slam knockdown, they are butt-dropped, and as such, will endure the same recovery of a butt-drop. This allows them to input any move earlier than the knockdown from the Aerial Down / \ is supposed to do to them.

Because of this discrepancy, Nariko will witness the opponent INSTANTLY teleporting from a flattened state to whatever move they input. They will never roll from a wake-up because on THEIR screen, they have actually been butt-dropped.

Thus, this is a devastating glitch for Nariko.

I used to think I could tech trap opponents from a knockdown after the Aerial Down / \ by using a Down ( ) (the purgatory swords that appear from the ground), but since this only works on opponents who roll from a wake-up, it's NOT possible here because they are NOT knocked down on THEIR screen. This has gotten me killed so many times, long before I even realized what was happening. Anyone who uses a super on you to "punish" you will appear as if their connection is lagging, when in fact, it's not, was not, and will never be a connection issue. It's a BS glitch!

So you ask me: if they are really butt-dropped, then I can just follow-up with a move as if Aerial Down / \ was never changed, right? Wrong. Even if I follow up with, say, an Air Down [ ] (she slams her red Heavenly Sword into the ground), it will never hit them. Yes, even on their screen, they will get up from the butt-drop and not even get hit by that move. They SHOULD be, but they are invincible. You need to see it for yourself to see how impossible that is. It's hard to describe with words.

But alas, there's more. Even though YOU yourself can't follow-up with a move, seeing as how they are knocked down on YOUR screen, anyone else (in a FFA or your partner in a 2v2) can follow-up with a move on the "kinda-sorta, really" butt-dropped opponent. Remember that the knockdown effect ONLY appears on the Nariko player's screen.

So there you have it. Here's the short version:

Nariko's Aerial Down / \ is glitched. It shows a knockdown effect on an aerial opponent on your screen but a glitched butt-drop effect on the victim's screen.

Any thoughts? =[
---
I should go.
#2DrunkenMegamanPosted 6/11/2013 4:21:56 AM
I've never actually noticed it, but it sounds pretty horrible from the way you've described it.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#3DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 4:56:29 AM(edited)
^ It IS horrible. I never even realized it until two months after I started playing this glitchy game. I always contributed my sudden deaths to lag. Now I really know why I've been dying so randomly.

Basically, this glitch makes it so you can't even tech chase after knocking them down from the air. Instead, you actually have to run away because you don't know what they're going to do!

Note that this only happens online. In Practice Mode, everything is as it should be. It's not lag that causes the instant teleport online though. I have now noticed that this glitch happens in EVERY single match I have played since I realized it.

Her Level 2 cannon is also glitched online. Offline, if anybody blocks your cannon turn, they are still knocked away by it. Online, however, they can block AND avoid being knocked away. This means they can just block, predict your turn easily, then roll, back and forth. It's ridiculous and turns every Level 2 use into a stupid shenanigan dance with the "victim." Funny, but stupid, and it shouldn't even happen in the first place.

*facepalm* Also forgot to add that one of her combos that starts with ( ) is also glitched online.

( ), Up / \, Air Up / \, Air ( ), Air [ ], [ ], [ ]

Offline, this combo gives 130 AP. But online, it gives 100 AP. Seriously, there's not even any point in using the ( ) when you're not even going to get the full AP value of the combo. Might as well just omit it and start with Up / \. At least if you're lucky, you can get in two Up / \s. -.-'
---
I should go.
#4fulcar95Posted 6/11/2013 4:55:47 AM
A friend of mine told me about this earlier today and we tested it out for a couple hours. Yes it's a pretty bad glitch, and it explains why I suddenly fall into Raiden's stupid helicopter legs out of nowhere and die even though I JUST slammed him down to the ground just a second or two earlier. For the longest time I thought it was Raiden's glitch, or host advantage or whatever, but now we know it's actually a new glitch. It somewhat fuses two animations together, because the Nariko player will clearly see the victim laying on the floor and flashing white like a normal heavy slam effect, while the victim player instead sees themselves in a butt-dropped state. Because this state ends sooner, its recovery is given priority, meaning that once the victim gets up from the state and ends the animation to return to the idle standing pose, the lying down animation that Nariko sees skips its remaining frames and goes straight to the idle standing pose, hence the disappearing act from laying on the ground to standing because it skips the final "getting up" animation frames. This is how her victims can go from lying down to standing and blocking a split second later, or in my case, from lying down into a lvl 1 by Raiden.

Here's another thing the glitch does. Although the butt-drop recovery is given priority over both, the "invincibility" of the lying down animation remains ONLY on Nariko's side, meaning she can't attack even though the victim is in a vulnerable state on THEIR screen, any attack she attempts will just go through it. HOWEVER, for everyone else in the game, whether its Nariko's teammate in 2v2 or other opponents in FFA, the rest will see the butt-drop animation, and the victim WILL be vulnerable to everyone but Nariko, meaning the victim CAN be attacked by any other opponent as if it were a normal butt-drop effect. Here's how we tested this:

My friend (playing from his console on his own screen) and I (playing on my console with my own screen) went to versus mode. We both selected Nariko, and I used a second controller to add a third Nariko. My friend (N1) and I (N2) switched colors to be on the same team, leaving the third Nariko (N3) on their own, so it was a 2v1 match. N1 on their own screen, while N2 and N3 shared another. N2 went to N3 and launched her in the air with Up / \, jumping up to slam her back down with Air Down / \, and both saw N3 lying on the ground. However, on N1's screen, N3 was in a butt-drop state. N2 repeated the launch and air slam on N3, but this time attempted to follow it up with Air Down ( ) on the way down. Normally this move would lead to a crumple state (where the victim slowly falls to their knees in a vulnerable manner and eventually collapse into a short invincible lying down state), but since N3 was already lying down on my screen, it didn't connect of course. On N1's screen, even though N3 was in a butt-drop, the Air Down ( ) went through her as if nothing happened. We also attempted this with Air Down [ ], which is a bit faster and could connect better, but the results were the same. Now instead of a follow up attack from N2, who couldn't touch N3 no matter what, we had N1 follow up with an attack while N3 was in a butt-drop state, and low and behold, it connected! N1 could use ANY attack on N3 while they were vulnerable on their screen, even a super, EVEN THOUGH N3 was invincible in a lying down state on my screen. In fact, it continued the combo, and we could even create a burst. N2 launched N3 with Up / \, jumped up and slammed back down with Air Down / \, then once N3 hit the floor, N1 who was next to her also launched N3 with Up / \, and slammed back down with Air Down / \, and now N3 (who was now in a butt-drop state on MY screen) got hit by another Up / \ by N2, which caused an AP Burst and sent N3 flying in an invincible state. N2 was able to hit N3 this time because N1 did the slamming, causing the glitch for them, but I as N2 saw the butt drop.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#5DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 5:07:02 AM(edited)
^ Okay, you have got to be me from an alternate universe transcended or something because I did the exact same thing with another Nariko user, Trinity_Ace, and another before that, GodLike_Complex.

Yes, what you just stated in your first two paragraphs were in my OP.

With GodLike_Complex, I was able to do an Up / \, then an Air Down / \ and have him connect Nariko's Level 1. On my screen, the victim died while still flat on the ground. You're supposed to be invulnerable while you're flat on the ground...=/

With Trinity_Ace, I did set up two of my separate controllers. So basically it was a Nariko FFA. We discovered the same things you did with your friend.

All in all, we are just proving that Nariko is indeed very glitched, and has been for 3 months. -.-"
---
I should go.
#6satat317Posted 6/11/2013 5:16:29 AM
Game is dead anyway
---
Official ~NARIKO/LARA CROFT~ of the PSASBR boards
#7DavidgraymanPosted 6/11/2013 7:50:05 AM
GAH! WALL OF TEXT!!! NEEDS WARNING!
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#8KagePakkunPosted 6/11/2013 8:19:56 AM
Oh my GOOOOOOD! That's why that happens with Raiden's crap?! That's just....so screwed up. Someone at Superbot and SSM hates Nariko and she has the worst luck.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#9fulcar95Posted 6/11/2013 11:29:53 AM
DreoreSilere posted...
^ Okay, you have got to be me from an alternate universe transcended or something because I did the exact same thing with another Nariko user, Trinity_Ace, and another before that, GodLike_Complex.

Yes, what you just stated in your first two paragraphs were in my OP.

With GodLike_Complex, I was able to do an Up / \, then an Air Down / \ and have him connect Nariko's Level 1. On my screen, the victim died while still flat on the ground. You're supposed to be invulnerable while you're flat on the ground...=/

With Trinity_Ace, I did set up two of my separate controllers. So basically it was a Nariko FFA. We discovered the same things you did with your friend.

All in all, we are just proving that Nariko is indeed very glitched, and has been for 3 months. -.-"

Yeah I'm friends with both of them, and Trinity_Ace is the friend who I tested it with. It's a bad glitch for Nariko in FFA, but a good one in 2v2 if your partner follows it up. We couldn't get a chance to last night cause we played till pretty late, but eventually we're gonna try 2v2 online and see how reliable it is, using mics to communicate set ups and openings if possible. Why aren't you and I friends yet? All us Nariko's need to stick together man!
---
#10fulcar95Posted 6/11/2013 11:31:41 AM
KagePakkun posted...
Oh my GOOOOOOD! That's why that happens with Raiden's crap?! That's just....so screwed up. Someone at Superbot and SSM hates Nariko and she has the worst luck.

Lol yeah I said that after the big patch. Nerfing her MORE than Kratos or Raiden? That's just gallons of Haterade right there...
---