Let's compare the initial All Stars reveal with...

#1McFordmansonPosted 6/11/2013 8:28:51 AM
the Smash Bros reveal.

All Stars gave us a motley crew, with Kratos, Radec, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Sly, and Fat Princess. It was at this point people felt cautious about the roster because... well, Fat Princess was tossed in. It was kind of a dull reveal if you weren't hyped about the game, mainly showing clips of gameplay with little added showmanship.

As for Smash Bros, right out of the gate, hits you in the face with MEGA MAN. We've got our standard characters, but then BAM. Right in the smacker with a HUGE dose of star power and a cinematic trailer mixed with gameplay.

I think we know the winner here.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 6/11/2013 8:34:59 AM
I agree to an extent. This is Smash's 4th game, compared to PSAS' first. It's not a big surprise to see characters like Megaman and such. I am super hyped about the Villager though.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#3ArmoredElderPosted 6/11/2013 9:33:05 AM
Everyone has their opinion, friendo. I honestly thought the new Smash reveal was kinda lame. Never really cared about Mega Man to begin with, but at least Capcom didn't completely forget about him.
---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selatcia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN Feel free to add me. I tend to play PS All-Stars
#4KillDozer123Posted 6/11/2013 10:45:50 AM
McFordmanson posted...
the Smash Bros reveal.

All Stars gave us a motley crew, with Kratos, Radec, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Sly, and Fat Princess. It was at this point people felt cautious about the roster because... well, Fat Princess was tossed in. It was kind of a dull reveal if you weren't hyped about the game, mainly showing clips of gameplay with little added showmanship.

As for Smash Bros, right out of the gate, hits you in the face with MEGA MAN. We've got our standard characters, but then BAM. Right in the smacker with a HUGE dose of star power and a cinematic trailer mixed with gameplay.

Ah, but don't forget, BigKahn once said that "revealing characters that are too obvious means that (insert company here) doesn't care about the series anymore", so...yeah. Mario is too obvious, Link is too obvious, Pikachu is too obvious...

Man, I wish BigKahn still trolled here. I would have loved to have rubbed his own logic in his face. XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/11/2013 11:09:10 AM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
I agree to an extent. This is Smash's 4th game, compared to PSAS' first. It's not a big surprise to see characters like Megaman and such. I am super hyped about the Villager though.

I'm actually very disappointed that the Villager is a playable character. I mean they have tons of characters to choose from, why a random generic villager from Animal Crossing?
---
Come join me and a bunch of others Gamefaqs users in a awesome chat where we talk about random awesome stuff! ;)
http://xat.com/heartless_House
#6legendofskylandPosted 6/11/2013 11:10:39 AM
KillDozer123 posted...
McFordmanson posted...
the Smash Bros reveal.

Ah, but don't forget, BigKahn once said that "revealing characters that are too obvious means that (insert company here) doesn't care about the series anymore", so...yeah. Mario is too obvious, Link is too obvious, Pikachu is too obvious...

Man, I wish BigKahn still trolled here. I would have loved to have rubbed his own logic in his face. XD

He wouldn't dare show his face after Kat's reveal trailer
#7Dsurions_WrathPosted 6/11/2013 11:12:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Dsurions_WrathPosted 6/11/2013 11:15:51 AM
legendofskyland posted...
KillDozer123 posted...
McFordmanson posted...
the Smash Bros reveal.

He wouldn't dare show his face after Kat's reveal trailer

He did many times. And kept denying that she was coming out and that Emmet was coming out alone. xD
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#9RainbowsaurusPosted 6/11/2013 11:18:05 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...

I'm actually very disappointed that the Villager is a playable character. I mean they have tons of characters to choose from, why a random generic villager from Animal Crossing?

Tbh, the other characters are just as random/generic. There's like 300 or some crazy amount of animal villagers in existence and none of them have any real relevance, while the human character is pretty much the face of the series.

The only other people I would accept are important ones, like Nook or Rover. But even then the human character has relevance over them.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#10RoyalShinePosted 6/11/2013 12:50:15 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...

Animal Crossing is more popular than you might think, buddy.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
"HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" - Heihachi