So i just watched the trailers for smash and...

#1Doom_JPosted 6/11/2013 9:34:37 AM
It looks pretty great. It's also cool MM is getting in. That said, I have to admit I worry at this point if it will satisfy me as much since having played PSABR. Here me out. The game looks exciting and new and all that jazz (I could care less about the villager, but I'm sure I won't be disapointed by the roster, and he looks to have a fun playstyle from what i can tell). But other than it being a new smash, will it stray enough from the established formula to hold my interest as long as this game has?

The problem for me going back is that the types of combos (limited as they are in psabr) and variation of gameplay styles in here, for lack of a better word, kinda trump smash bros. I know there will be those that disagree, but you have to admit, as many characters as there are in Brawl, there's alot of pallete swap-ish characters and not to much EXTREME diversity in it. (hell, one of the main characters gimmicks is to steal other characters moves)

And for all the wrong this game has done, the fluidity of it that allows you to make up crazy combos, makeshift mix-ups, ect. will be sorrily missed from this game, and it would be criminal for them to just never attempt this type of game again for all the amazing things it contributes to this genre (I mean look at all the competition of games like this and you trully see just HOW good psabr really is in comparison. Onimusha blade warriors, Digimon rumble arena 1-2, that rediculos cartoon network smash ripoff, the JUMP series {yeah, I said it, the jump games were wack. A few good ideas wrapped in garbage, which cannot totally be said for psabr no matter how you want to spin it} and then, Smash bros.)

Now I don't want to be completley blind to its problems. Obviously there were major balance issues (for SOME modes, and honestly, in the 2v2 and FFA modes, which were the focus, and at least for STOCK, pretty much everyones balanced) There's also the fact that every patch either intetionally ruined a character (Nariko,etc.) or unintentionally ruined them (Nariko,etc.) And you could argue about the roster size/choices all day (I really don't have any complaints, and that's including spyro and crash since I've grown up since then, and honestly, my mascot {sonic} died alooooong time ago as far as im concerned)

I also think everyone should at least have decent BnB's, like Jak(his "mobility" and "safety" is not an excuse to make him horrible), Radec(He's got some cool set-ups and mini-combos, especially when he intergrates his grenades, but his ap gain is just piss-poor in general and he is never safe) And St( argue it all day that all he needs is "spamming" shotgun and mines, but maybe we would like a bit mre depth than that. Then again, at least he can ap-burst anywhere) While others need a bit of toning down (say it with me; Raiden, Kratos, Kat, maybe even g.cole), Thing is, this game isn't even close to being as imbalanced as some games. Almost half (more than a quarter) of the cast is competitively viable, and they are all unique (Kratos compared to sly, raiden compared to Kat, Cole compared to Issac)

Well, I want to end this on a positive note, or at least optimistic. so I'll say what I hope gets into smash bros(incase we never see a sequel). I'd like to see beter combo intergration(though based on how the system works, I could see elaborate, long combos as being a problem), A kill limit mode (as per blaze's request, I mean it is a good idea) and as a revolutionary idea, instead of their being a smash ball that becomes a game of who can jump the quickest and smash side b, maybe the smash system works like it does in here, where you gain meter for fighting instead (of course, since there's only 1 super per character, I think it would be easier to balance).

Anyways, Anyone else have any opinions? I know this has practically been done to death, but since the board IS pretty much dead, It's fitting I say.
#2TerraponPosted 6/11/2013 9:38:42 AM
Link to trailer YOU saw please. I can't find a practical one...
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#3RainbowsaurusPosted 6/11/2013 9:38:50 AM
I already barely play this. Smash just cemented that I'll never play this again unless we get a sequel or new content.

(But now I need a WiiU, because damn those black outlines on the 3DS version are ugly)
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#4ChimcharwhoohooPosted 6/11/2013 9:39:11 AM
Couldnt have said it better myself.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#5Nightstryk3r619Posted 6/11/2013 9:47:49 AM
Preach on.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#6Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 9:53:54 AM
Terrapon posted...
Link to trailer YOU saw please. I can't find a practical one...

"HERE YA GO"

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-revealed-coming-2014-features-mega-man/comment-page-1/
#7Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 9:59:03 AM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
I already barely play this. Smash just cemented that I'll never play this again unless we get a sequel or new content.

(But now I need a WiiU, because damn those black outlines on the 3DS version are ugly)

Yea I may be fortunate enough to get a free xbox one, so I might save up to buy Wii u next year, but I dn't know if I'll be playing it for much else than smash..

And I've still been playing this pretty regularly since IJ came out (before that, I was playing it exclusively) So I guess I got and addiction to it. I kinda want to get good with every character before I completley put it down, though.
#8Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 10:02:57 AM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Nightstryk3r619 posted...
Preach on.

Thanks guys, just felt someone had to say it
#9RainbowsaurusPosted 6/11/2013 10:04:01 AM
Doom_J posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...

Yea I may be fortunate enough to get a free xbox one, so I might save up to buy Wii u next year, but I dn't know if I'll be playing it for much else than smash..

And I've still been playing this pretty regularly since IJ came out (before that, I was playing it exclusively) So I guess I got and addiction to it. I kinda want to get good with every character before I completley put it down, though.

Well, yeah. I'm definitely hoping for more. I hate buying consoles for one game, but I'm confident the U will get more stuff I like (more Pokemon and "collect the stars" Mario games)

I played it up until the Zeusaac release, but then the lack of news kinda made me get bored and quit.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#10TheOmegaShenPosted 6/11/2013 10:09:39 AM
Smash is better.
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah