So i just watched the trailers for smash and...

#91KillDozer123Posted 6/14/2013 3:10:21 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Actually Falco is considered top tier material, Wolf and Fox are high mid-ish.

And the thing about Mario and Luigi is they aren't nearly as similar as people think.

Let's take a look at their specials in Brawl.

Fireballs- Mario's is affected by gravity, Luigi's is not, thus they function fairly differently
Up B- Luigi's sweet spotted is an insanely powerful move, Mario's doesn't have this feature and has a bit less range as well
Side B- Completely different no explanation needed
Down B- Completely different, no explanation needed

Normals:
I don't remember much tbh but from the top of my head
Down airs are completely different
Fsmash's are the completey different
Neutral Air is a kill option for Luigi, not nearly as strong for Mario

And of course, even similar looking moves like neutral air, can have different properties

General properties:
Different jump heights and fall speeds, Luigi is much more floaty
Luigi has special traction, Mario doesn't
Different weights
Different footspeeds

Edit: Oh and as it's been said because of these differences how they recover safely which is a vital part of Smash can greatly differ.

That may be the case, but in the PSAS world, they'd be like Good and Evil Cole. Very similar with subtle differences.

The true variety between the characters that PSAS had is still something I'd like to see in the new SSB...even if it meant we only had Fox over Falco or Wolf, only had Ness over Lucas, only had one Link, and so on.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#92TheOmegaShenPosted 6/14/2013 8:36:22 AM
Doom_J posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Smash is better.

10/10 for originality

It's true tho'
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#93KillDozer123Posted 6/14/2013 8:59:28 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Doom_J posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Smash is better.

10/10 for originality

It's true tho'

Granted, but there are some things Smash could learn.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#94rahmed51387Posted 6/14/2013 10:51:28 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Smash has less gameplay options than PSASBR, the game that forces you to kill in only 3 ways per character, often with only one of them being viable? Lol. Or were you talking about game modes in general? If so that's even worse.

Calling the characters in Smash copy and paste tells me as always, you are heavily biased. Weren't you supporting the guy who once said Ike and Marth are identical clones? Lol.

Hi blaze, it's been a while! : D How did you react to the Smash news? I personally lost my $@#%ing mind when Megaman was announced, and I was already going nuts for Animal Crosser.

Even Wii Fit girl made me really happy, I was laughing hysterically while I watched that trailer. Sakurai is allowed to troll and put ridiculous characters, imo, because he consistently gets the third parties that people want and makes such sexy rosters.

The game looks so good. So, so, so good!

Dude, I'm going to be all over that Wii Fit Trainer (maybe in more ways than one! ;-) ). Just watching those KA-POW stretches, I'm sitting there thinking INSTAMAIN! Call me crazy though, but I'm kinda meh on Mega-Man. I guess because he's already gotten a history of being in other fighting games as well, but I do love the fact they are actually referring to his classic 8-bit motions for movesets!
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#95J-Don-BonnePosted 6/14/2013 11:14:12 AM
I'm getting SSBU and SSB3D... but when I played Brawl recently, this game was all I had in my muscle memory. I mean, I love both, but I love this game's fanservice a little more (especially on Spike, Toro, and Parappa).

I hope that it gets a PS4 sequel or that at the least, SSM will jump off their GoW bandwagon already and pay attention to this!
---
PSN: FrossToad
P4A: Yosuke, Labrys UMvC3: Tron/Frank/Sent Skullgirls: Peacock/Bella
#96fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 6/14/2013 6:12:06 PM
Doom_J posted...

Maybe JUS is a bit better, but CN PTE made me sell it within days of buying it. Still, captain planet and jhonny bravo were greater additions than any character in this game, so on that we agree (Captain planet was waaaaay op tho)

He's Captain freakin' Planet. He deserves to be OP.

KillDozer123 posted...
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
PSAS couldn't get its real all-stars.

Kratos is there, Drake is there, Sackboy is there....Ratchet, Jak, Cole, Sly....they're all there. All of Sony's all-stars are there. What are you trying to say?

As for the characters, there are quite a few who were heavily requested but didn't make it for one reason or another. Characters like the original Dante, Cloud, Spyro, Crash, Lara, Snake, and hell, maybe even a KH character. Since this is Playstation All-Stars and not Sony All-Stars, I think it's safe to say that the roster could've been a hell of a lot better.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!