What's with all the hate?

#1o0Maxx0oPosted 6/12/2013 11:19:10 AM
Hey everyone,

Just picked up this game a couple of days ago, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Learning the characters, playing online etc. Obviously its no "Smash Killer", but it's still a solid and fun game, especially for the discounted price (For two games).

I'm just wondering why there is so much hate. People saying the game is a massive failure (Even though it sold over one million copies), and that no one plays (Even though I have had no issues finding matches online).

Is there a real reason why everyone is complaining, or are they just disappointed it's not better than Smash Bros?

I have an open mind, and I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance.
---
Custom Hobo!
Customize your hobo, and fight others for food and shelter!
#2blaze19_0XPosted 6/12/2013 11:22:57 AM
This game had the biggest chance out of any platform fighter to dethrone or at the very least rival Smash. Which some of us have been waiting over a decade for.

It didn't reach our expectations. Nor for Sony.

As a result, there will probably never be a sequel and the franchise is dead.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#3NeptunezzzzPosted 6/12/2013 11:27:34 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
This game had the biggest chance out of any platform fighter to dethrone or at the very least rival Smash. Which some of us have been waiting over a decade for.

I agree with every word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKlSAbH_Ww0
---
Damned imbeciles. Why do you wish to fight?
-Bahamut, FF8
#4blazin640Posted 6/12/2013 11:29:10 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

The way I read that last sentence made me lol. We will see. People definitely would be interested if they realized the potential of the game. But it would need some serious fire power to even consider a sequel. No bs like what the game is now. Better support, more characters, balance, and better patching. Possibly a change of the current super system that makes it more appealing.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#5o0Maxx0o(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:32:02 AM
All fair points. I guess I just don't see why that means we can't enjoy the game, even if there won't be a sequel. But it appears I am in the minority.
---
Custom Hobo!
Customize your hobo, and fight others for food and shelter!
#6ZavalsBizPosted 6/12/2013 12:01:21 PM
o0Maxx0o posted...
All fair points. I guess I just don't see why that means we can't enjoy the game, even if there won't be a sequel. But it appears I am in the minority.

People only hate because they continually compare this game to Smash despite the fact that these games are completely different. This is a great game with high potential but the comparison to Smash just ruined any potential it had. And yes the glitches and bugs in this game are a problem but don't happen too often.
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#7KillDozer123Posted 6/12/2013 12:04:23 PM
o0Maxx0o posted...
Hey everyone,

Just picked up this game a couple of days ago, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Learning the characters, playing online etc. Obviously its no "Smash Killer", but it's still a solid and fun game, especially for the discounted price (For two games).

I'm just wondering why there is so much hate. People saying the game is a massive failure (Even though it sold over one million copies), and that no one plays (Even though I have had no issues finding matches online).

Is there a real reason why everyone is complaining, or are they just disappointed it's not better than Smash Bros?

I have an open mind, and I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance.

It's probably "disapointment factor", because the game wasn't quite what THEY wanted. I did enjoy this game too, but it doesn't come close to Super Smash Bros. Although I do think SSB could learn a few things from PSAS....
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#8taoxadasaPosted 6/12/2013 12:14:25 PM
I love the game. Sure it could be much better, but it's awesome for what it is.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#9Nightstryk3r619Posted 6/12/2013 12:22:43 PM
I prefer PSASBR over Smash any day, Superbot put in a lot more TLC with character design.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#10DavidgraymanPosted 6/12/2013 12:42:14 PM
o0Maxx0o posted...

I just hate the online lag, no host migration, and current lack of support from the developers
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin