What's with all the hate?

#11blaze19_0XPosted 6/12/2013 1:46:47 PM
Don't get us wrong.

We aren't saying you can't enjoy the game. All of us enjoyed the game to some extent.
We are simply stating we had MASSIVE expectations given what kind of game it was and it fell short.

I would love to see a sequel improve on many aspects but sadly I don't see it getting that chance.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#123D3Posted 6/12/2013 2:18:05 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
This game had the biggest chance out of any platform fighter to dethrone or at the very least rival Smash. Which some of us have been waiting over a decade for.

It didn't reach our expectations. Nor for Sony.

As a result, there will probably never be a sequel and the franchise is dead.

This, this this and some more of this.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#13DreoreSilerePosted 6/12/2013 4:45:41 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
o0Maxx0o posted...
All fair points. I guess I just don't see why that means we can't enjoy the game, even if there won't be a sequel. But it appears I am in the minority.

People only hate because they continually compare this game to Smash despite the fact that these games are completely different. This is a great game with high potential but the comparison to Smash just ruined any potential it had. And yes the glitches and bugs in this game are a problem but don't happen too often.

I have never played SSBB. And I have never and WILL never compare PSASBR to SSBB. Never.

And yet, I KNOW this game has clear netcode and character balance issues. It had potential, but it just fell flat content-wise, let alone financially.
---
I should go.
#14redskinsrock26Posted 6/12/2013 5:57:28 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...
o0Maxx0o posted...
All fair points. I guess I just don't see why that means we can't enjoy the game, even if there won't be a sequel. But it appears I am in the minority.

People only hate because they continually compare this game to Smash despite the fact that these games are completely different. This is a great game with high potential but the comparison to Smash just ruined any potential it had. And yes the glitches and bugs in this game are a problem but don't happen too often.

I have never played SSBB. And I have never and WILL never compare PSASBR to SSBB. Never.

And yet, I KNOW this game has clear netcode and character balance issues. It had potential, but it just fell flat content-wise, let alone financially.

Its funny because character balance and netcode issues are probably worse in ssbb than they are in psasbr.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sackboy. Sly sucks
#15DreoreSilerePosted 6/12/2013 6:08:01 PM
redskinsrock26 posted...

Its funny because character balance and netcode issues are probably worse in ssbb than they are in psasbr.

Well it's a good thing I don't play SSBB then.
---
I should go.
#16legendofskylandPosted 6/12/2013 6:45:01 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Don't get us wrong.

We aren't saying you can't enjoy the game. All of us enjoyed the game to some extent.
We are simply stating we had MASSIVE expectations given what kind of game it was and it fell short.

Speak for yourself. if you set your expectations high, all you do is set yourself up for disappointment

Jim Sterling once said in a Freddy vs Jason vid that one reason why alot of fans including him disliked the film was because it wasn't HIS or THEIR vision for Freddy vs Jason, and goes on to say that with combing 2 horror giants in one film and merging the 2 fan bases, it would be nearly impossible to please everybody, but goes on to say it's still an objectively good film.

I feel like the same logic could be applied to this game. The game definitely didn't live up to my expectations, I'd have liked some more characters and and Adventure like mode and other things, but I don't think the game is bad for not including them because it's still fun in it's own way.
#17KillDozer123Posted 6/14/2013 3:22:07 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Don't get us wrong.

Well, that's what you get for expecting the likes of Crash Bandicoot (Activision) and Cloud Strife (Square) in a SONY-based game. We were lucky to get the third-party characters we did, and they're not even the draw here.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!