Capcom gives Nintendo their most iconic character. And gives Sony...

#1blaze19_0XPosted 6/12/2013 2:03:07 PM
A version of a character no one requested from a poorly recieved reboot.

This seems to be the trend in general. All 3 3rd parties Nintendo has gotten so far are top notch and amongst the most well known in all of gaming. As a sad as it is, I don't think it's a stretch to say Sonic, Snake and now Megaman are more iconic than nearly the entire PSASBR cast combined.

While PSASBR gets screwed over by 3rd parties...

I can't blame 3rd parties for playing it safe and sticking to sure success but at the same time I can't help but feel if this is the case than this game was kind of destined to fall short. At least if we are to believe character draw is a massive reason this game didn't sell nearly as well as it could have.

I personally have other (imo) more important issues with the game but I think in terms of mainstream casual gamers go, the roster was a major reason they were turned off by this game.

It only makes sense, being a mascot fighter that one of the biggest draws are the mascots.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#2ZavalsBizPosted 6/12/2013 2:34:27 PM
It's because the Smash series has already been developed as popular, so Capcom realized they can further immortalized Megaman by including him in a successful franchise. All-Stars just started.
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#3RainbowsaurusPosted 6/12/2013 3:07:50 PM
Megaman's more of a Nintendo character anyways...unless we're counting the X series, but the Megaman depicted is classic Megaman.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#4taoxadasaPosted 6/12/2013 3:11:41 PM
Mega Man is more Nintendo, why Devil May Cry is more Playstation.

Surely you can understand that very simple concept.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 3:18:46 PM
taoxadasa posted...

You missed my point.

There are plenty of other Capcom characters other than new Dante which would have been far superior choices.

For Nintendo they stopped at nothing short of the best option for Nintendo. They didn't do this with Sony.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#6Nightstryk3r619Posted 6/12/2013 3:25:13 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...

You missed my point.

There are plenty of other Capcom characters other than new Dante which would have been far superior choices.

For Nintendo they stopped at nothing short of the best option for Nintendo. They didn't do this with Sony.

Exactly, where's a Resident Evil rep at?
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#7ZavalsBizPosted 6/12/2013 3:29:19 PM
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...

You missed my point.

Exactly, where's a Resident Evil rep at?

I think choosing a Resident Evil rep. is moredifficult to choose because the fanbase is large and mixed feelings on who to include. Personally if like Chris, however some people would prefer Leon or even Wesker.
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#8RainbowsaurusPosted 6/12/2013 3:38:56 PM
If only they would've actually tried for classic Dante...I'm still salty about new Dante over the old one, I've just tried to not express it ;-;
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Colosseum, Fable III
#9PyroSparkPosted 6/12/2013 3:42:31 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Megaman's more of a Nintendo character anyways...unless we're counting the X series, but the Megaman depicted is classic Megaman.

Classic, EXE, Starforce, and (Mega Man) Zero are definitely all Nintendo.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#10PyroSparkPosted 6/12/2013 3:43:37 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
If only they would've actually tried for classic Dante...I'm still salty about new Dante over the old one, I've just tried to not express it ;-;

Go play Project X Zone when it comes out. Only thing missing is an english VA.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7