Am I the only one who finds tactics like empty canceling to be...

#1DarkECOJakPosted 6/13/2013 3:28:36 PM
a sign that players can't get a level 1 or 2 kill by skill and timing alone? I mean, I find Dante players all the time that are great at combos, yet resort to cheap tactics like EC constantly. Then when I challenge them to a 1v1 saying they couldn't win without using it, I'm almost always right, save for a few decent players.

Is really does seem like a noob move. Just like spamming confirms until they hit.
---
Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U ID: Disasterrific
#2marioparty17Posted 6/13/2013 3:35:32 PM
Well Raw Lv 1, and 2 are rare for dante, unless it a very prefect moment and beside it take more skill to EC than holding one button to stun them into a HC
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3AmuroRayPosted 6/13/2013 3:35:39 PM
Dante's empty cancel is hardly a noob strategy, although it is his most powerful tool...His level 1 is extremely slow, his level 2 can be dodge-rolled if not confirmed, and his level 3 is good for 2 kills in 1v1. I'm not surprised you beat Dante's when you handicap them...however this hardly means they aren't good and you are
#4LightEcoSagePosted 6/13/2013 3:53:47 PM
Honestly without HCs and loops I will be among a "better" top player then "I already am." Or if my main had a Level 1 KC and or some form of loop :)

I come across a lot of trash talkers and KConfirmers online. Lets do the math here. Me a player who solely relies on reads and skills to get his kills vs someone who constantly does HCS, relies on them and uses them every game to get his kills. I can imagine so many 1v1s that I would have one if people like FP didn't have easy confirms :)
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#5blazin640Posted 6/13/2013 3:53:56 PM
Have you actually tried empty canceling? Just curious.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#6AmuroRayPosted 6/13/2013 3:54:53 PM
In fact, it's more noob like to not empty cancel. It's just plain dumb to avoid using it. Dante has one of the fastest and longest jabs available, he can confirm off jab to avoid risking losing a super. You say he should try for more hard reads, which invariably lead to more missed level 1s. Where is the logic for Dante to do this?
#7videogames75_5Posted 6/13/2013 6:08:43 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
a sign that players can't get a level 1 or 2 kill by skill and timing alone? I mean, I find Dante players all the time that are great at combos, yet resort to cheap tactics like EC constantly. Then when I challenge them to a 1v1 saying they couldn't win without using it, I'm almost always right, save for a few decent players.

Is really does seem like a noob move. Just like spamming confirms until they hit.

this is what i say to everyone who hit confirms. in my opinion, hit confirming simply means you have no skill. and i honestly don't care if that makes people mad, it's not worth arguing about.
#8Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/13/2013 6:52:33 PM
Kill confirms are noobish, period. If you have to guarantee your kill with a cheap move/combo, It just really shows that you have no skill. Like when I fight GC, all they literally do once they get their level 1 is tether constantly until it finally hits. Or Raidens how they keep air dashing. And its just more pathetic when that's all they do, makes you seem desperate.
---
Come join me and a bunch of others Gamefaqs users in a awesome chat where we talk about random awesome stuff! ;)
http://xat.com/heartless_House
#9ZavalsBizPosted 6/13/2013 7:02:41 PM
I personally think that Dante is the only character to earn confirms because not everyone can do the empty cancel very easily. It require quick hands and inputs as opposed to Raiden, who just needs to connect a simple Forward Square.
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#10blazin640Posted 6/13/2013 7:09:24 PM(edited)
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Kill confirms are noobish, period. If you have to guarantee your kill with a cheap move/combo, It just really shows that you have no skill. Like when I fight GC, all they literally do once they get their level 1 is tether constantly until it finally hits. Or Raidens how they keep air dashing. And its just more pathetic when that's all they do, makes you seem desperate.

So empty canceling is noobish? Not even. How many dante's do you actually see doing it compared to Evil Cole's giga punch or Sweet Tooths machete? You can't even do it I bet so that there proves that no noob could do it. If you do dante's supers raw there is little chance you'll get a kill. Plus all of those other KCs are so easy to see coming. Unless its from a grab, develop strategy and do something about it.

Its not noobish at all if the person was careless or dumb enough to fall for the tactic. If someone falls for the same KC (unless its a grab) over and over again, they need to actually think.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.