Why do people say Smash will bury this or get Smash instead?

#1ImperfectFearPosted 6/14/2013 6:17:27 PM
What if I want to play with the super system? What if I love overly defensive play? What if I love these stages? What if the characters I want to play as are only in this game?

Hmm?
#2Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/14/2013 6:21:06 PM
This isn't that bad a game, really. But even I, a long time defender, am admitting its just about dead. People are saying Smash is gonna finish this game off because Smash is a very popular title, and its extremely hyped. Its had 3 previous successors so there is no way it will fail, and I know a ton of people who are going to buy a Wii U just to get it (me being one of them). If you still like this game that's fine, I still play it too. But its really not gonna change the fact that its nearly dead.
---
Come join me and a bunch of others Gamefaqs users in a awesome chat where we talk about random awesome stuff! ;)
http://xat.com/heartless_House
#3LightEcoSagePosted 6/14/2013 6:31:40 PM(edited)
You're a new comer to this game so there is so so so so much that you are not aware of. When taking every problem into consideration with All-Stars, Smash 4 will demolish this game like no other game has done to another.

This game "had" the potential to be either as great as Smash bros & brawl or slightly better (until Smash 4), but failed in multiple fields. Even if the game-play was balanced, which it's terribly, terribly not, all of the 50+ glitches & issues makes this game have no competition to Smash at all.... alone!

If you had this game since release you would understand, but since you haven't you will never know thus sadly, but realistically making your argument or opinions ignorant :(
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#4ZavalsBizPosted 6/14/2013 6:57:22 PM
Just play to your hearts content, these people's complaints are completely incompetent.
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#5SelitePosted 6/14/2013 7:18:13 PM
Because people have differing opinions?
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#6Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/14/2013 7:19:38 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Just play to your hearts content, these people's complaints are completely incompetent.

Not really, people have the right to complain, and have a reason to do so. This game is buggy, its abandoned, and I'm 99% sure they aren't even going to patch the game up to get rid of the glitches and balance it a little more, let alone add more DLC to it. If you like the game, that's fine nobody is saying you can't enjoy the game. But that doesn't make people who don't like the game and who voice their thoughts and opinions on it "incompetent" and quite frankly its people like you who make this board less and less enjoyable to go on.

That is all.
---
Come join me and a bunch of others Gamefaqs users in a awesome chat where we talk about random awesome stuff! ;)
http://xat.com/heartless_House
#7ImperfectFear(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:35:00 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
You're a new comer to this game so there is so so so so much that you are not aware of. When taking every problem into consideration with All-Stars, Smash 4 will demolish this game like no other game has done to another.

This game "had" the potential to be either as great as Smash bros & brawl or slightly better (until Smash 4), but failed in multiple fields. Even if the game-play was balanced, which it's terribly, terribly not, all of the 50+ glitches & issues makes this game have no competition to Smash at all.... alone!

If you had this game since release you would understand, but since you haven't you will never know thus sadly, but realistically making your argument or opinions ignorant :(

You assume a lot.

None of this answers my questions. If I'm a huge fan of Ratchet and want to play him in a fighter will I get that chance in the next Smash? No!

What if I like the percentage mode of Smash but also like a change of pace once in a while? Then what?

You can't say Smash offers everything this game does just better. Because that's just not true and you know it.
#8blazin640Posted 6/14/2013 7:39:55 PM(edited)
Selite posted...
Because people have differing opinions?

^

Personal opinion dictates why people say that. Nothing else like one is flawed over another. All Stars has more glitches but does that make it a worse than smash? For some yes and for some no. Same with Smash.

Even then, to compare a full game to a trailer that doesn't show everything? That's pretty silly. Suddenly one trailer shows the full extent of a games success? Assumptions get a lot of people hurt. Lets wait till the full game comes out before we jump to conclusions.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#9LightEcoSagePosted 6/14/2013 7:56:24 PM(edited)
ImperfectFear posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

You assume a lot.

None of this answers my questions. If I'm a huge fan of Ratchet and want to play him in a fighter will I get that chance in the next Smash? No!

What if I like the percentage mode of Smash but also like a change of pace once in a while? Then what?

You can't say Smash offers everything this game does just better. Because that's just not true and you know it.

Um no I don't. The things I said were kinda true. You are fresh to the game I believe, there is literally 50+ glitches, etc.

Your questions/replies are kinda not relevant. I actually do like the super system which is pretty cool, but you are being bias right now & and ignorant by solely liking the game alone because it has a different feel to it then Smash especially since you're still pretty fresh to this game. I like the super system again, but I will not leave out the fact that they as a whole are unbalanced in this game. You won't see this until you played this game for a long period of time. As I said you are way to inexperienced to actually have this debate with me. You have no idea what you're in store for.

Never said Smash beat all-stars in every field. You're putting worlds into my mouth.
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#10ImperfectFear(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:51:32 PM
Where did I say I just got this game?

Stop condescending. It just makes you look rude.