Why is this game imbalanced?

#1K1ngAce11Posted 6/22/2013 4:34:05 PM
Don't barrage and berate me. I just want reasons, and I dont know any other way to phrase this question without sounding so naive.
---
Extra wub
#2RealSlyCooperPosted 6/22/2013 4:37:50 PM
Ask all the Kratos/Kat/Raiden users, Dante empty cancellers, Spammers, get one kill in a timed match and run awayers, Teabaggers, Etc.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 6/22/2013 4:48:33 PM
Ask all the cry babies.
---
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#4cayyolePosted 6/22/2013 4:51:03 PM
Honestly it all comes down to who can kill the best, or for this game who has the best supers/setups. I love the super system but when you have characters each with a different special move, theres always going to be the good and the bad. Building meter for someone who has mastered the character is easy but when your supers suck it's pointless. Screen clearers nuff said.

Raiden/cole/fat princess/kat: lots of ways to combo into super

Evil cole/kratos/Dante: easy way to combo into super (empty cancel isn't easy but the set up is reliable I mean)

Sackboy/sly: amazing supers

Toro/spike/Dan: *** supers.
---
Psn ayycole
Man Zavals is prolly my favorite person now.
#5cayyolePosted 6/22/2013 4:52:07 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Ask all the cry babies.

LMAO
---
Psn ayycole
#6bc1910Posted 6/22/2013 4:59:21 PM
The shortest answer I can give you is that the hit confirm supers system is balanced horribly. Certain characters can combo into their supers far more easily than others, and many of those who can't combo easily into supers don't have the saving graces they need to compete with those who can. In a game where supers are the only way to kill, making it much easier for some characters to land supers (particularly Level 1s) than others is detrimental to character balance.

Also, being in the air/jumping in general is extremely strong in this game because, amongst other reasons, most kill confirms into Level 1 supers only work when the opponent is on the ground. Huge imbalances arise from this with characters like Cole, Kat and Raiden who can kill confirm someone in the air just as easily as someone on the ground.
#7XDarkMethodPosted 6/22/2013 7:58:24 PM
cayyole posted...
Honestly it all comes down to who can kill the best, or for this game who has the best supers/setups. I love the super system but when you have characters each with a different special move, theres always going to be the good and the bad. Building meter for someone who has mastered the character is easy but when your supers suck it's pointless. Screen clearers nuff said.

Evil cole/kratos/Dante: easy way to combo into super (empty cancel isn't easy but the set up is reliable I mean)

people underestimate cinematic supers, its 3 kills/ 6 points guaranteed all you have to do is not keep dieing & 8 out of 10 your gonna be 1st off that one L3, i use Spike all the time & can get 2 (or 3 on overtime) L3s per timed match thats 12 confirmed points so unless you die alot you pretty much know your winning, i've seen Kratos & Nariko players who take all game to get 1 L3 & end it with maybe 1 or even no kills, cinematics add up & drop other peoples points at the same time
---
PSN: XxDark_ExilexX
PSASBR Mains: Spike, Kat, Nariko
#8DavidgraymanPosted 6/22/2013 9:22:33 PM
Because SSM doesn't care
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#9SelitePosted 6/22/2013 9:23:39 PM
XDarkMethod posted...
i've seen Kratos & Nariko players who take all game to get 1 L3 & end it with maybe 1 or even no kills, cinematics add up & drop other peoples points at the same time

I've seen good Kratos and Nariko players use a lvl3 for 5 or 6 kills.
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#10cayyolePosted 6/22/2013 9:27:46 PM
XDarkMethod posted...
cayyole posted...

people underestimate cinematic supers, its 3 kills/ 6 points guaranteed all you have to do is not keep dieing & 8 out of 10 your gonna be 1st off that one L3, i use Spike all the time & can get 2 (or 3 on overtime) L3s per timed match thats 12 confirmed points so unless you die alot you pretty much know your winning, i've seen Kratos & Nariko players who take all game to get 1 L3 & end it with maybe 1 or even no kills, cinematics add up & drop other peoples points at the same time

my b i shoulda been specific im talking in a 1v1 setting. but still id rather heve the chance to get more than three kills even though i could end up with one, someone whos mastered a lvl 3 is better than a cinematic, though i get your point.
---
Psn ayycole