Give opinions on my buff/nerf list

#11LightEcoSagePosted 6/26/2013 12:46:05 AM(edited)
karvinen1995 posted...

but how about AIR forward square causing butt drop, and if you dont connect second hit, you could fall down and KC from that? . . . Or would that be even more effective KC? :p

This would not work and is not a good idea. First it wouldn't work because of the massive recovery and because he goes a bit to far in the air for a KC. Ground would work only if it puts them in a butt drop, which makes no sense though because it destroys the combo, punch + uppercut, and move itself. 2 butt drop moves equal hardknock down so yeah. Jak is like the lowest combo potential character in the game having mostly 2 hit combos on the general side and only has 1 melee with the potential to have a KC. The (gut) dashing punch. It's really the only melee combo too, after an uppercut is performed of course. Not a heavy combo character + plus having no solid good melee game. I would probably consider it being a KC, but it's pretty risky.
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#12karvinen1995(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 12:47:17 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
karvinen1995 posted...

but how about AIR forward square causing butt drop, and if you dont connect second hit, you could fall down and KC from that? . . . Or would that be even more effective KC? :p

This would not work and is not a good idea. First it wouldn't work because of the massive recovery and because he goes a bit to far in the air for a KC. Ground would work only if it puts them in a butt drop, which makes no since though because it destroys the combo and move itself. Jak is like the lowest combo potential character in the game having mostly 2 hit combos on the general side and only has 1 melee with the potential to have a KC. The (gut) dashing punch. It's really the only melee combo too after an uppercut is performed. Not a heavy combo character + plus having no solid good melee game. I would probably consider it being a KC, but it's pretty risky.

Jak indeed is one of the least combo characters ingame, and one of the reasons why KCs for lv1s are bad. Its really unfair for Jak not to have KCs. I suppose forward square would be fine if we really need to add KCs. A lot of characters have one move KCs anyways...

...I do like to make argument that Emmett is literally worst combo character ingame. Ive seen people making suggestions even for Radec, but nothing for Emmett except for one guide. But thats besides the point.
---
PSN: aakkonen
R.I.P my old PS3 & PSP... Why did you had to get broken...
#13IcyFlamez96Posted 6/26/2013 12:48:38 AM
Okay, I think I kind of agree with you on the ST level 3 buffs.
---
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#14ZavalsBizPosted 6/26/2013 12:50:51 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
karvinen1995 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Ehhh......

I automatically don't really like any list that tries to rid most of the KC's. I'd rather have every character have viable KC's instead, and take away a couple really good ones. It would make so many more characters 1v1 viable. Talking away KC's would just make 1v1s stupid.

Good luck trying to give Jak's & Nariko's lv1 a KC.

Im ok with lv2 KCs since they cost more(and some of them are impossible to remove without ruining characters), but lv1 KCs are too unbalanced. Some characters have easy KCs, some have hard and some dont have any! While it would be nice that all characters would have good lv1 Kcs, the fact is that its near impossible to give all lv1s a good KC. Its just better to get rid most of them if not all(unless it destroyes characters move).

Do you happen to have idea how to make Jak's lv1s have KCs?

LightEcoSage posted...
I will only say 1 thing. A LOT of your super changes will make the game even more broken. You actually made most supers OP. Having things like buffing the supers in a good way or a few fields then.. also decreasing the cost as well is very OP. You didn't compensate for the buffs correctly. The Sweet Tooth lv3 buff as my witness. You made that super so OP that it's not even funny. That's like a Level 5.

Sweet Tooth's level 3 buff might seem OP, but I just made it a lot more similiar to Emmett's level 3. How come Emmett's level3 can attack in air and Sweet Tooth's not?

And if you think some other changes are bad, please tell me. I'd like to hear opinions and change some stuff accordingly to create as best buff/nerf list as possible.

Up circle into Level 1 lol and/or bring back WC/down circle hitting from behind Jak. Up triangle having less recovery would actually be reliable as well, so a Lvl 1 can be performed. Of course up triangle will be a rare and hard to pull off KC, but when the moment arises it will work. Similar to Spike's old stun confirm from the air except that Jak's won't be braindead at all. I actually don't care for up circle and would prefer up triangle, down circle and one other one.

Well the logic and purpose behind this game is to have anything similar unique as hell in this game, so that would already be a bad call. And just because Emmett can do something doesn't mean one guy with a similar "looking" special can do the same. Plus if you know both their supers you would know why ST can't do what Emmett's does. ST level 2 doesn't really suck you just have to place yourself at the right distance. You can't just be like "oh I got a level 3. Time to use it RIGHT NOW!" Gotta distance yourself so the machine can get ppl.

I like to actually only suggest buffs to my main because I know him best. it's not really right oto buff characters you don't have enough knowledge on or experience with. But when it comes down to nerfs that's pretty easy. Of course rational nerfs. Just saying Raidens combo grab is OP.

So my naughty dog, do you think that the Mass Inverter should confirm into Jak Blue Eco Vent because its very hard to land or do you think it should be unblockable?
---
Nate gave me a warm hug, "Your love is the only treasure I need," as he held me, I finally admitted it to him, "I love you, Nate."
#15LightEcoSagePosted 6/26/2013 1:10:09 AM(edited)
karvinen1995 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
karvinen1995 posted...

This would not work and is not a good idea. First it wouldn't work because of the massive recovery and because he goes a bit to far in the air for a KC. Ground would work only if it puts them in a butt drop, which makes no since though because it destroys the combo and move itself. Jak is like the lowest combo potential character in the game having mostly 2 hit combos on the general side and only has 1 melee with the potential to have a KC. The (gut) dashing punch. It's really the only melee combo too after an uppercut is performed. Not a heavy combo character + plus having no solid good melee game. I would probably consider it being a KC, but it's pretty risky.

Jak indeed is one of the least combo characters ingame, and one of the reasons why KCs for lv1s are bad. Its really unfair for Jak not to have KCs. I suppose forward square would be fine if we really need to add KCs. A lot of characters have one move KCs anyways...

...I do like to make argument that Emmett is literally worst combo character ingame. Ive seen people making suggestions even for Radec, but nothing for Emmett except for one guide. But thats besides the point.

They are pretty much even actually. Although "including wall bounces", which would be overall, Emmett wins it. Anway excluding walls, Emmett has a few 3 hitters. I will just name some. Be aware that they're are more. Also I've tested these and know they work. Side square, wait half a sec, square, square. Up grab, wait half a sec, up square, up square. But that's not the point. This is about KCs :)
---
#16LightEcoSagePosted 6/26/2013 1:06:08 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

You are seriously drunk. Go to bed as you said on chat Icy. Now!
---
#17IcyFlamez96Posted 6/26/2013 3:34:43 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

You are seriously drunk. Go to bed as you said on chat Icy. Now!

It wouldn't be OP. Its not like it could get more than 7-9 kills so it would be fine.
---
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#18karvinen1995(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:58:08 AM
0.5 sec increase wouldnt allow 7-9 kills. Or would it?

But besides Sweet Tooth's lv3 & KC talk, is there anything else worth discussing? Is it overall good or are there more questionable choices?
---
PSN: aakkonen
R.I.P my old PS3 & PSP... Why did you had to get broken...
#19Crash--b--fanPosted 6/26/2013 6:37:00 AM
your sackboy buffs are incredible. I would love those changes.
---
[PSN]: crashbfan23
Hello again, mods
#20DreoreSilerePosted 6/26/2013 6:41:47 AM
There's a lot to talk about, but I'll just refer to Kratos, Kat, and Nariko.

First of all, a few Kratos nerfs you suggested would hurt him a lot. I would touch nothing of his / \ moves and still give him the ability to turn during a combo. Anything else is fair game. It's just his [ ] moves that need nerfing.

The Kat nerfs you suggested would only make her combos even longer. And any Kat player can just use debris to cause hitstun first to avoid being punished for her slower attacks.

You could try changing her debris so that it has the same hit reaction as Dante's pistols, but increase their AP Gain from 10 to 15 or something. Of course, this would remove a lot of her kill confirms, but since you want to remove kill confirms in your list...it shouldn't matter.

As for Nariko, I have no idea how the holding down for her Level 1 would work. You would have to have two barrels between Nariko and have to choose which barrel you want to explode. I suppose this would make it a good punish against rolls....

Your Level 2 change would hurt Nariko in a 1v1. Why? Because someone can easily die, respawn, then get a revenge kill since they are invincible in the early moments of respawning. And since they're invincible, they cannot get knocked away by her cannon. My suggestion is to allow Nariko to get out of the cannon manually with ( ) or some other button.

You also forgot to mention plenty of Nariko's glitches....her Air Down / \, her ( ) combo online, her cannon knockaway (which can be blocked online), some of her Level 3 glitches....those should be fixed.

Her [ ] moves also need to be reworked. I suggest giving her the ability to turn during a [ ] combo, a guard break, making ( ) unblockable, OR giving her a combo from throw.
---
I should go.