ratchet help

#1cayyolePosted 6/28/2013 7:49:03 AM
So before I hated playing against ratchets cuz it was hard to get in on them what with those bouncing bullet things and sniper and tesla spikes, but now I really hate ratchets because more and more use the jump cancels? Where they jump after they use one of their air moves so now it's even harder for me to punish them. And then when I do get close I gotta watch for that grab or wrench. I guess I juss need tips on how to handle him as someone who's mostly melee. I main parappa and yea I know this is prolly juss a bad matchup. Tips plz?
---
Psn ayycole
Man Zavals is prolly my favorite person now.
#2LightEcoSagePosted 6/28/2013 9:47:09 AM
Ok well first off before you ask for tips your skills with Parappa will matter greatly. If you don't know how to make most of Parappa moves effective, combo off about any hit & a grab and use his speed (which I find faster then Raiden from my experience O_o) to your advantage then tips won't matter because your gameplay will be lacking and cannot compete. Soo?
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#3LizardheartPosted 6/28/2013 10:25:49 AM
After all these months, people finally decided to read my guide?

It's a Christmas Miracle!
#4cayyole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 10:25:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5cayyole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 10:26:42 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
Ok well first off before you ask for tips your skills with Parappa will matter greatly. If you don't know how to make most of Parappa moves effective, combo off about any hit & a grab and use his speed (which I find faster then Raiden from my experience O_o) to your advantage then tips won't matter because your gameplay will be lacking and cannot compete. Soo?

I use all the moves beside like two of the grounded skateboard moves, I know how to ap burst from almost all the moves I'm juss still working out the timing parts I mess it up a little, I don't really use his speed effectively I guess? Juss to get in and avoid supers, I know his KCs I think I'm pretty OK I'm getting better but I juss want general strategies against ratchet like use forward square or mic to punish his landings juss stuff like that
---
Psn ayycole
I'm on the quest to be the best parappa.
#6cayyole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 10:28:45 AM
Lizardheart posted...

THANKS ALOT MAN
---
Psn ayycole
#7LightEcoSagePosted 6/28/2013 11:01:50 AM
cayyole posted...
Lizardheart posted...

THANKS ALOT MAN

Thanks for what? He sent you a guide?
---
#8cayyole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:07:33 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
cayyole posted...
Lizardheart posted...

THANKS ALOT MAN

For creating all those jump canceling ratchets lol tips doe?
---
Psn ayycole
#9LightEcoSagePosted 6/28/2013 11:31:28 AM(edited)
cayyole posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

I use all the moves beside like two of the grounded skateboard moves, I know how to ap burst from almost all the moves I'm juss still working out the timing parts I mess it up a little, I don't really use his speed effectively I guess? Juss to get in and avoid supers, I know his KCs I think I'm pretty OK I'm getting better but I juss want general strategies against ratchet like use forward square or mic to punish his landings juss stuff like that

Depending on the Ratchet player's playstyle the skateboard slap comes in handy because it reflects projectiles (which is useful then MOST people think). Anyway you want to get in close, which is why I stated speed is important. Parappa is a fast MOFO. If you know how to use his speed getting in close is your BEST bet, so you can nail your combo's. You wanna air short hop air dodge a lot and try to make it seem as your going to attack sometimes, but actually not. You gotta wait for openings, which is extremely hard for certain characters. If the player is skilled you want to avoid the KCs that he will try to pull off. Skilled Ratchets know that when they're applying pressure to someone and you're trying to get in to attack close, they'll get you with those wrench confirms when the time arises. Both his wrench throw and wrench swiping combo.

EDIT: As for the boombox. Don't heavily rely on this because Ratchet can just use his sniper. Although, there are a few things you can do. Whenever you choose to use the BB, you can use it and just block while gathering the AP while he gets chip damage/AP. I actually however, highly recommend you use this as a tool to get to whatever super you are on the edge of getting. So even if he is getting chip AP off of you while blocking you'd still get your super. It's better then risking the chance of him getting off a combo on you even if you get your wanted super in the end. Also you can use it as a "form" of decoy by using it then going back into battle. <--- Hard to explain that concept, but the rest you should get. There's multiple ways you can go about that.
---
#10LizardheartPosted 6/28/2013 11:21:23 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
cayyole posted...
Lizardheart posted...

THANKS ALOT MAN

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=664#.Uc3hoW3-uz4

For more giggles, look at the date of the guide.

Come to think of it, I should have added videos of my doing those JCs in tournament matches. Oh wellsies, too lazy now.