Smash Bros. gets Classic Megaman

#1McFordmansonPosted 6/30/2013 11:39:39 AM
We get cancelled Dart and Abe after Zeus and Isaac (characters who were much less requested) didn't sell well.

/logic
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#2AquaticTerraPosted 6/30/2013 11:41:46 AM
Isn't it because Super Smash Bros. was more popular?
#3gameghy555Posted 6/30/2013 12:19:22 PM
There is a handful of fails in this topic.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#4ChairstoodPosted 6/30/2013 12:20:12 PM
That's because Nintendo cares about SSB, while Sony does not care about PSASBR at all for some weird reason.
---
Currently playing: Wow, PSAS:BR, DW8, SFxTK and OP:PW2
PSN name: Lawfreeze
#5Dsurions_WrathPosted 6/30/2013 12:46:31 PM
Chairstood posted...
That's because Nintendo cares about SSB, while Sony does not care about PSASBR at all for some weird reason.

This is very true. Sony handled this game very badly PR and budget wise for some reason. >_<

"Help this new team we assembled specifically for this game get characters that'd be tough to get for a new team, not to mention much more expensive than the budget we gave them? Nah, we'll let them handle it."
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#6Chzrm3Posted 6/30/2013 5:22:53 PM
I don't think it was that Sony didn't care - they just didn't understand what they were trying to make.

Smash Bros is a huge moneymaker, but it's also an enormous project that routinely requires a significant team, helmed by industry veterans. Superbot's humble studio of 50 never really had a chance at emulating Smash Bros.

When Naughty Dog turned the project down all those years ago, Sony should have shelved it and saved it for a rainy day. Maybe ND could be working on it now, and maybe the time in-between could've been spent quietly acquiring the rights to certain big characters.

But it seemed like Sony jumped the gun, letting a nubile studio take a shot at a game like this before they were ready and marketing the game as "ALL-STARS HYPE HYPE HYPE" when it should've been marketed around being a fun, fresh 4-player brawler.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.